Weekly Photo Contest: Utility

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Weekly-Photo-Contest-Utility.jpg

Plentiful wall bike racks. Taken with the Nexus 5.

We like to mix things up a bit with photo contest prompts, and this one is a little bit out there but should yield some awesome results. This week we're looking for pictures that represent the word "utility" in some way. Show off pictures of tools, utensils, anything that helps you get things done. It could be a tractor, a bike rack or textbook — just make sure its a picture of something that has some utility to it.

We'll be picking out the two best photos this week and offering up a prize to each one — this week's prize is a TYLT VU QI Wireless Charging Pad.

Entering is easy. Just drop your entry in a post below. Tell us what Android you used to get the picture, and any back story you want to add to it. We'll pick a winner Tuesday (August 5) night at 11:59 PM ET, and announce them on the blog with next Wednesday's contest.

• Pictures must be taken with an Android device
  • Pictures must be uploaded to the contest thread. I'm not running all over the Internet to track them down.
  • You have to tell us what device you used to take the picture, and any special software you might have used. Editing your pictures is fine — this is art.
  • Feel free to add a little back story — we want to know how the picture came to be.
  • You must have used a valid email address to register here at AC, so I know how to contact the winner.
  • Only one entry per week per person.

Good luck, everyone!

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
y6epu2yr.jpg

Can't enjoy a good halftime show without the bright lights at the field. No better way to spend a Friday night!
Taken with an s4 last fall, no filters that I can remember.
Edit: forgot to mention that the theme for that year for our band was Super Mario. If you look closely you can see Princess Peach (the conductor) standing next to the flag pinnacle.

Last edited:

Nic Strike

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
What utility is more useful, than the one that ends wars, builds empires, fulfills contracts, legalizes an agreement, and signs for your NVidia Shield Tablet shipment?
Taken on a Nexus 5, no edits.
IMG_20140729_135407.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20140729_135407.jpg
    IMG_20140729_135407.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 72

PGEindhoven

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
20140725_211516_Richtone(HDR)_1.jpg
Two useful bridges over the useful "Beatrix channel" in Eindhoven, Netherlands. Picture taken in the early morning with my Galaxy Note 3 in HDR mode + small brightness adjustment in Snapseed app.

FMNelly

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
Taken with my Samsung Galaxy S2 HD LTE. Used Photo Editor app to crop. What more useful object can there be than eye glasses. They help me and many others to see clearly what we are doing.
IMG_20140730_194725.jpg

oolosunde

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
20140608_163314_kindlephoto-76868801.jpg
Taken with my Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch
Used Kindle Fire HD 2013 built-in photo editor to add filter
Without lamps, we would live in darkness

Last edited:

jmk1127

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
The pen, i use this every day to sign my notes at the clinic I work at, without it I wouldn't get paid. And the watch keeps me running on time!
a6eveteg.jpg

Taken on a Samsung galaxy s5, used the stock photo editing app for the effect.

ILLmatic173

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
This is a tough theme haha...but i decided to go into my older files and i found one of my favorite photos from my trip to san diego..a beautiful city and all i had was my Samsung Galaxy s2 (which still takes great photos) i know this ship has many utilities and has been used as one.. so heres my pic of the beautiful HMS Surprise that was used in the movie Master and commander and Potc:On Stranger Tides(edited using snapseed and lightroom to add some contrast and a bit of clarity)..i hope you guys enjoy it..thanks ;)
20130916_185503.jpg

will baker

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
Taken with a nexus 4 no filters or editing from kihei HI, a view of my goal zero nomad 7 with rechargeable switch 8, it keeps me productive through out the day.

Attachments

• IMG_20140730_164810.jpg
    IMG_20140730_164810.jpg
    820.8 KB · Views: 44
Status
Not open for further replies.