Weekly Photo Contest: Paper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Weekly-Photo-Contest-Paper.jpg
Paper hammers. Taken with the LG G3.

Whether it's being used as an essential form of communication, an art medium or a something else entirely, there are countless ways that paper makes its way into our lives. This week we're looking for your best "paper" pictures, knowing well that we will likely see an incredible variety of pictures that meet the prompt.

This week we're picking two entries to win, with each one taking home a BodyGuardz Echo Wireless Bluetooth Speaker!

Entering is easy. Just drop your entry in a post below. Tell us what Android you used to get the picture, and any back story you want to add to it. We'll pick a winner Tuesday (Aug 12) night at 11:59 PM ET, and announce them on the blog with next Wednesday's contest.

• Pictures must be taken with an Android device
  • Pictures must be uploaded to the contest thread. I'm not running all over the Internet to track them down.
  • You have to tell us what device you used to take the picture, and any special software you might have used. Editing your pictures is fine — this is art.
  • Feel free to add a little back story — we want to know how the picture came to be.
  • You must have used a valid email address to register here at AC, so I know how to contact the winner.
  • Only one entry per week per person.

Good luck, everyone!

roundwound5

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Terrance from one of Android's greatest games reads one of the greatest works of fiction since Gutenberg's printing press was devised. Taken with Nexus 4 using Google Camera and tweaked in Gallery at story time.

guge2yje.jpg

Arun Sathiyamurthy

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
IMG_20140808_180516.jpg
IMG_20140808_180847.jpg
Life is like a boat.I represented this idea through my Micromax Canvas 2 Plus on a rainy day in Chennai (India)

Taken Micromax Canvas 2 Plus A110Q
camera with a good.
edit - black and white.

Last edited:

Eddy Whitehead

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
afterfocus_1407403038959~2[1].jpg

i took a picture from my window, cropped it then printed the cropped version, held out the cropped version to align with the new picture and this is the result
Taken by my nexus 4 cm11 eedited with after focus and snapseed

Last edited:

ChrisLloyd1

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
IMAG5137.jpg

An indispensable resource. A must have for those dabbling in the fine arts of European theory.

Taken with a HTC One X+ and tweaked via Google+ Photos.

JHK1984

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Dinosaur taking over the town!
Made this with my nephew, took a long time but I got a good picture out of it :)
Taken with HTC One (M7), used Instagram's filter.

IMAG1548[1].jpg

ldragon76

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I was absolutely stumped on this one.

So I decided to deviate from the norm and go hog wild with creative editing.

This is actually a photo of one of my Lovecraft books in the sunshine, being fanned. Final result is what I figured it might look like if we were really calling to Cthulu, either to banish or party with!

Thanks to my man for fanning the pages and being my hand model. And thanks to Pixlr Express for being a faithful photo editor.

Link to the app I used https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...id=APPU_kOPjU_GVEdGvyATtjoLYCw&token=Tu5dQt6D

vumu6yva.jpg

Ah and it was my droid Maxx, forgot to add that.

Sent from my Droid Maxx via Tapatalk

Last edited:

dnalevelc

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
IMG_20140807_195956.jpg

I took this photo with my Nexus 5. I used Photoshop to do a little bit of color adjustment due to the style of light we have on the floor.

I work for a newspaper and what you are seeing is where the paper rolls are loaded into the presses on the ground floor. The presses are 4 stories tall. I was walking through the plant floor and I was inspired to grab a quick shot for the contest.

sk8trix

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Taken on a Galaxy S5 low light iso 800 trying to make the best of the least light possible, it is still possible to make an okay low light shot.

Attachments

• 20140808_023417.jpg
    20140808_023417.jpg
    649.5 KB · Views: 34
Status
Not open for further replies.