Weekly Photo Contest: Boats

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm nautical as hell and have so many good boat and bridge pictures, yet every time I try to post a picture in a photo contest thread I get a message that says "you may not have permission to do this action." why not? I can post pictures in any other thread. I must have notified AC of this issue at least 5 times... Even exchanged several emails with some dude that went nowhere...

Sent from my VS985 4G using AC Forums mobile app

That's a bummer. Your favorite subjects.
If no pm's yet, stick it in the site forum like this one.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=407514

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

jon4328

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
I was heading to Llandudno 2 years ago and stopped to eat at a roadside cafe. I didn't even realize l was anywhere near water but looking out of the window I noticed this ship. I just had to see if I could get a closer look. Luckily I could get right along side.
Taken with HTC Sensation XE and edited with instagram.

Posted via the Android Central App

jon4328

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
Taken on the road to Wales with HTC sensation XE 2 years ago. Edited with instagram,

Posted via the Android Central App

< Im using the Galaxy note 3 but the app wont attach the image I want to post. Its my first time entering this contest. does anyone know what the trick is to uploading?

Pattttti

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
37808fc2ca3fef801441d98918cf4088.jpg

This photo was taken in Masuria, Poland. I took a shoot with LG G2, edited it in Aviary to add a splash effect, cut and play with saturation with Instagram app. You can find it right here.

Tapatalked from G2.

namdude0373

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
Image00001.jpg

This is my first entry, as I usually wouldn't bother to enter these contests, as most of my photos i have taken have been with my DSLR, but i have been gravitating towards more and more pictures taken from my Nexus 5, hoping i can be another example of how capable phone cameras have become. (and that they don't limit your photography abilities as much as people make it seem)

I took this on my Nexus 5 with HDR+ on, and didnt do anything with the picture.

There are a ton of lakes in Minnesota, so with me having a friend that lives on one, i usually bring my camera with but this time I happened to only have my phone on me, i took a stab at capturing the moment in front of me and i wasn't too disappointed with the result!

(I had to downsize it to 25% res in order for the upload to work, so if any of the AC editors want the full size i can get you it)

anon(9051806)

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
< Im using the Galaxy note 3 but the app wont attach the image I want to post. Its my first time entering this contest. does anyone know what the trick is to uploading?

Yeah... Best thing is send the picture to your laptop and upload it from there. That's how I did it. Took me about an hour and a half to figure it out. Good luck!

mkcollins

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Mkcollins_Boat.jpg
Come back little boat.
Image captured from the Seattle Great Wheel on a rainy day at Pier 57 on Elliott Bay.
Device used: Samsung Galaxy S2 (using ProCapture instead of stock camera)
Edited using: Aviary, then Instagram.

Last edited:

anon(174838)

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Download the Tapatalk app, login to the android central forum, find this thread, post a reply and attach the photo by clicking the photo button ( see screenshot below )

10cf1c1d939cebd7ea30a9c09eb6413d.jpg

thepillock

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Wherry yacht Olive (owned by Wherry Yacht Charter) on an open day at Ranworth Broad, part of the Norfolk Broads. Photo taken from the top of Ranworth Church about half a mile away on a Nexus 5, and added a smidgen of tilt-shift in the standard Google Photos app.

IMG_20140802_161502~2~2.jpg

castleruins

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
The Boy's boats. Taken with the Nexus 7 (2013), edited with Paper Pictures, brightness adjusted in Snapseed. We have many adventures. Argg, prepare to be boarded!

PaperCamera2014-08-29-17-49-45_1.jpg

merizim

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I took this photo in the marina of Praia De Rocha in Protugal. The vacation was in celebration of our 25th wedding anniversary. It was taken with a Nexus 5 with the stock camera app and editing was done with Snapseed.
image_1.jpg

bgbagz

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Landing Craft Air Cushion Aka US Navy LCAC
The Landing Craft Air Cushion (LCAC) is a class of air-cushion vehicle (hovercraft) used as landing craft by the United States Navy's Assault Craft They transport weapons systems, equipment, cargo and personnel of the assault elements of the Marine Air/Ground Task Force both from ship to shore and across the beach.
23852af0d58f6ff993208a6183b849b7.jpg

Taken from the Chesapeake Bay tunnel fishing pier VA Beach side ... it's was moving at 30+knots not an award winning photo but a rare photo (to this forum atleast) taken with St edited with aviary

Status
Not open for further replies.