Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree124Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Weekly Photo Contest: Boats

Weekly Photo Contest: Boats-weekly-photo-contest-boats.jpg

Kayaking on the river. Taken with the Galaxy S5.

Last week's photo contest focused on bridges, and this week we're going with a prompt that often goes under those bridges — boats. Whether you're just taking a nice morning ride on the lake in a kayak or on a longer journey on a ferry, we're sure you can come up with some great boat photos this week.

We're picking out three winners this week to take home prizes, and each will receive an Incipio Dual USB Desktop Charging Station!

Entering is easy. Just drop your entry in a post below. Tell us what Android you used to get the picture, and any back story you want to add to it. We'll pick a winner Tuesday (Sept 2) night at 11:59 PM ET, and announce them on the blog with next Wednesday's contest.

• Pictures must be taken with an Android device
    • Pictures must be uploaded to the contest thread. I'm not running all over the Internet to track them down.
    • You have to tell us what device you used to take the picture, and any special software you might have used. Editing your pictures is fine — this is art.
    • Feel free to add a little back story — we want to know how the picture came to be.
    • You must have used a valid email address to register here at AC, so I know how to contact the winner.
    • Only one entry per week per person.

Good luck, everyone!
    LG Nexus 5 / Galaxy S5 // T-Mobile / AT&T
    Thanked by 2:
    MarkSeven and yourallthesame like this.

Default Re: Weekly Photo Contest: Boats

We camped on the USS Lexington in Corpus Christi on a scouting trip. I captured this the following morning. As the Lexington is referred to as the Blue Ghost, I thought this was the essence of the name.

Weekly Photo Contest: Boats-2014-01-19-07.43.37.jpg

Taken with an HTC Droid Incredible 2 a couple years back. No editing done. Went out to Baltimore for a friend's wedding, and walked around the waterfront one day.
    Weekly Photo Contest: Boats-imag0346.jpg
    HTC Droid Incredible >> Samsung Fascinate >> HTC Droid Incredible 2 >> Samsung Galaxy Nexus >> LG Nexus 5

Kayaking on the Credit River in Mississauga Ontario Canada

The waves on Lake Ontario were a bit large, so I decided to head up the calm waters of the gently flowing river and was rewarded with this view.
    This was taken with my Nexus 5 and this is the Google+ enhanced version of the photo.

Weekly Photo Contest: Boats-1408292106910.jpg

Picture taken with Galaxy S5 last week from the pier off of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge. Picture shows a barge passing over the Chesapeake Bay Tunnel. It was a beautiful site, water as far as the eye could see.

Weekly Photo Contest: Boats-20140821_122105_android.jpg

Rockport, MA, taken with my Samsung Galaxy S3, edited with Snapseed

Weekly Photo Contest: Boats-boats.jpg

Taken during my honeymoon trip to Venice, Italy back in May. (Camera = Nexus 5, edit through the AOSP Gallery app)

Weekly Photo Contest: Boats-img_20140827_135020.jpg

Below is a ship that is hauling a dry dock up the Willamette River in Portland, OR. We were working on the bridge at the time, so we got a close up view to the ship as it was passing under. We were about 200' from the water at the time to give you a perspective of the size of the boat and the load it was carrying. This was taken on an LG G2 running Cyanogen using the Next Camera App. No post processing done.
    Weekly Photo Contest: Boats-img_20140826_155011.jpg
    Thanked by 2:
    Madd54 and Jordana Lewis like this.

Taken on family vacation, edited with & Stock Htc M7 software and just a hint of VSCO.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weekly Photo Contest: Boats-boat.jpg  

Nexus 5 Google Camera App using HDR Mode. Taken while Soloing a canoe on Harriman Reservoir Vermont. Date take July 29 2014

Weekly Photo Contest: Boats-img_20140729_145602.jpg
    darlene24 likes this.

Global Posts
    757 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Martonik View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Weekly-Photo-Contest-Boats.jpg 
Views:	251 
Size:	798.4 KB 
ID:	134285

Kayaking on the river. Taken with the Galaxy S5.

Last week's photo contest focused on bridges, and this week we're going with a prompt that often goes under those bridges — boats. Whether you're just taking a nice morning ride on the lake in a kayak or on a longer journey on a ferry, we're sure you can come up with some great boat photos this week.

We're picking out three winners this week to take home prizes, and each will receive an Incipio Dual USB Desktop Charging Station!

Entering is easy. Just drop your entry in a post below. Tell us what Android you used to get the picture, and any back story you want to add to it. We'll pick a winner Tuesday (Sept 2) night at 11:59 PM ET, and announce them on the blog with next Wednesday's contest.

• Pictures must be taken with an Android device
    • Pictures must be uploaded to the contest thread. I'm not running all over the Internet to track them down.
    • You have to tell us what device you used to take the picture, and any special software you might have used. Editing your pictures is fine — this is art.
    • Feel free to add a little back story — we want to know how the picture came to be.
    • You must have used a valid email address to register here at AC, so I know how to contact the winner.
    • Only one entry per week per person.

Good luck, everyone!
    I'm nautical as hell and have so many good boat and bridge pictures, yet every time I try to post a picture in a photo contest thread I get a message that says "you may not have permission to do this action." why not? I can post pictures in any other thread. I must have notified AC of this issue at least 5 times... Even exchanged several emails with some dude that went nowhere...

Sent from my VS985 4G using AC Forums mobile app

Weekly Photo Contest: Boats-img087.jpg Taken with a t-mobile G2X, no effects in Alaska.
    Happy_Gilmore_1 likes this.

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

Island pit stop while kayaking Lake Dillon in Colorado.
    Taken with an HTC One M7 and edited in Snapseed.
    Weekly Photo Contest: Boats-imag0343_1.jpg

From a Yelp event back last may at the USS Iowa in the San Pedro Harbor. Taken with the LG G2 tweaked with VSCOCam.

Posted via Android Central App

This is a picture of Carnes Island on Golden Pond in Holderness, New Hampshire taken at 8AM with my Moto X in my 13' Boston Whaler while aborting my plans to do some morning waterskiing.
    Weekly Photo Contest: Boats-img_20140820_080020101.jpg

Galaxy Note 3. Kailua, Hawaii Weekly Photo Contest: Boats-20140728_131919_haokea-dr.jpg

HTC One with some post shot edits in G+, a little tilt shift to draw attention to the boat and some HDR to punch up some color.
    Milwaukee River very close to Lake Michigan on a boating and lunch afternoon with the family.
    Weekly Photo Contest: Boats-imag0087.jpg
    Thanked by:

Spent a stormy weekend in Island Park, ID and during a break in the storm I decided to canoe down Henrys Fork. Started from the railroad bridge at Big Springs and canoed to Mack's Inn, photo was taken somewhere along the way. I took the photo with my Moto X and it was enhanced with Google+ Photos Auto Enhancement.

Weekly Photo Contest: Boats-henrys-fork.jpg
    Thanked by:

A couple fishing vessels in Akutan Harbor last summer. Taken with my old HTC One X+.

------------
    Android: It will make you a sexual tyrannosaurs, just like me.
    This post has +3 to topic derailment.
    Thanked by:
    mrcrusha829 and lauticol like this.

Taken a few weeks back with my HTC One M8 and edited through Afterlight.

Weekly Photo Contest: Boats-1409177413595.jpg
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

Sunset cruise last summer in Costa Rica, taken with Nexus 4

Weekly Photo Contest: Boats-pano_20130707_155421.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit099 View Post
    Spent a stormy weekend in Island Park, ID and during a break in the storm I decided to canoe down Henrys Fork. Started from the railroad bridge at Big Springs and canoed to Mack's Inn, photo was taken somewhere along the way. I took the photo with my Moto X and it was enhanced with Google+ Photos Auto Enhancement.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Henrys Fork.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	866.0 KB 
ID:	134319
    Brilliant shot!
    slcbtf, Madd54, darlene24 and 1 others like this.

Nexus 4 + VSCO Cam

Altea, Spain

Posted via Android Central App

This picture was taken with my Nexus 4 and edited with Snapseed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weekly Photo Contest: Boats-stillhouse-lake.jpg  

This is the sunset on the Fourth of July on our sailboat before the fireworks started. It was amazing to watch fireworks from the Long Island Sound on our boat. I took this with my Samsung Galaxy S3 with no editing.

Weekly Photo Contest: Boats-sunset.jpg
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast