Weekly Photo Contest: Boats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Weekly-Photo-Contest-Boats.jpg

Kayaking on the river. Taken with the Galaxy S5.

Last week's photo contest focused on bridges, and this week we're going with a prompt that often goes under those bridges — boats. Whether you're just taking a nice morning ride on the lake in a kayak or on a longer journey on a ferry, we're sure you can come up with some great boat photos this week.

We're picking out three winners this week to take home prizes, and each will receive an Incipio Dual USB Desktop Charging Station!

Entering is easy. Just drop your entry in a post below. Tell us what Android you used to get the picture, and any back story you want to add to it. We'll pick a winner Tuesday (Sept 2) night at 11:59 PM ET, and announce them on the blog with next Wednesday's contest.

• Pictures must be taken with an Android device
  • Pictures must be uploaded to the contest thread. I'm not running all over the Internet to track them down.
  • You have to tell us what device you used to take the picture, and any special software you might have used. Editing your pictures is fine — this is art.
  • Feel free to add a little back story — we want to know how the picture came to be.
  • You must have used a valid email address to register here at AC, so I know how to contact the winner.
  • Only one entry per week per person.

Good luck, everyone!

turboman93

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
We camped on the USS Lexington in Corpus Christi on a scouting trip. I captured this the following morning. As the Lexington is referred to as the Blue Ghost, I thought this was the essence of the name.

2014-01-19 07.43.37.jpg

Viper

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Taken with an HTC Droid Incredible 2 a couple years back. No editing done. Went out to Baltimore for a friend's wedding, and walked around the waterfront one day.
IMAG0346.jpg

Steven Ercolani

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Kayaking on the Credit River in Mississauga Ontario Canada

The waves on Lake Ontario were a bit large, so I decided to head up the calm waters of the gently flowing river and was rewarded with this view.
This was taken with my Nexus 5 and this is the Google+ enhanced version of the photo.

1408292106910.jpg

xeryusny

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Picture taken with Galaxy S5 last week from the pier off of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge. Picture shows a barge passing over the Chesapeake Bay Tunnel. It was a beautiful site, water as far as the eye could see.

20140821_122105_Android.jpg

Greg Davis 14

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Below is a ship that is hauling a dry dock up the Willamette River in Portland, OR. We were working on the bridge at the time, so we got a close up view to the ship as it was passing under. We were about 200' from the water at the time to give you a perspective of the size of the boat and the load it was carrying. This was taken on an LG G2 running Cyanogen using the Next Camera App. No post processing done.
IMG_20140826_155011.jpg

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
View attachment 134285

Kayaking on the river. Taken with the Galaxy S5.

Last week's photo contest focused on bridges, and this week we're going with a prompt that often goes under those bridges — boats. Whether you're just taking a nice morning ride on the lake in a kayak or on a longer journey on a ferry, we're sure you can come up with some great boat photos this week.

We're picking out three winners this week to take home prizes, and each will receive an Incipio Dual USB Desktop Charging Station!

Entering is easy. Just drop your entry in a post below. Tell us what Android you used to get the picture, and any back story you want to add to it. We'll pick a winner Tuesday (Sept 2) night at 11:59 PM ET, and announce them on the blog with next Wednesday's contest.

• Pictures must be taken with an Android device
  • Pictures must be uploaded to the contest thread. I'm not running all over the Internet to track them down.
  • You have to tell us what device you used to take the picture, and any special software you might have used. Editing your pictures is fine — this is art.
  • Feel free to add a little back story — we want to know how the picture came to be.
  • You must have used a valid email address to register here at AC, so I know how to contact the winner.
  • Only one entry per week per person.

Good luck, everyone!

I'm nautical as hell and have so many good boat and bridge pictures, yet every time I try to post a picture in a photo contest thread I get a message that says "you may not have permission to do this action." why not? I can post pictures in any other thread. I must have notified AC of this issue at least 5 times... Even exchanged several emails with some dude that went nowhere...

Sent from my VS985 4G using AC Forums mobile app

Happy_Gilmore_1

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
e4posggd.jpg

From a Yelp event back last may at the USS Iowa in the San Pedro Harbor. Taken with the LG G2 tweaked with VSCOCam.

Posted via Android Central App

crazyhawaiian40

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
This is a picture of Carnes Island on Golden Pond in Holderness, New Hampshire taken at 8AM with my Moto X in my 13' Boston Whaler while aborting my plans to do some morning waterskiing.
IMG_20140820_080020101.jpg

Joet

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
HTC One with some post shot edits in G+, a little tilt shift to draw attention to the boat and some HDR to punch up some color.
Milwaukee River very close to Lake Michigan on a boating and lunch afternoon with the family.
IMAG0087.jpg

Bandit099

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Spent a stormy weekend in Island Park, ID and during a break in the storm I decided to canoe down Henrys Fork. Started from the railroad bridge at Big Springs and canoed to Mack's Inn, photo was taken somewhere along the way. I took the photo with my Moto X and it was enhanced with Google+ Photos Auto Enhancement.

Henrys Fork.jpg

user7618

May 17, 2010
Visit site
A couple fishing vessels in Akutan Harbor last summer. Taken with my old HTC One X+.

IMAG0284.jpg

------------
Android: It will make you a sexual tyrannosaurs, just like me.

Status
Not open for further replies.