Weekly Photo Contest: Lollipop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
lollipop-statue-2.jpg

The Google statue for Android Lollipop.

Yes, we know it was way too easy to pick the photo contest prompt this week. But how could we not choose "lollipop" in the week that Google finally unveiled Android 5.0? Just like every other week, though, we're looking for your best pictures fitting this prompt, and we're sure this week is going to be packed full of sweet shots.

We're picking out three winners this week, and each winner will receive an Android Central T-shirt for their winning entry!

Entering is easy. Just drop your entry in a post below. Tell us what Android you used to get the picture, and any back story you want to add to it. We'll pick a winner Tuesday (October 22) night at 11:59 PM ET, and announce them on the blog with next Wednesday's contest.

• Pictures must be taken with an Android device
  • Pictures must be uploaded to the contest thread. I'm not running all over the Internet to track them down.
  • You have to tell us what device you used to take the picture, and any special software you might have used. Editing your pictures is fine — this is art.
  • Feel free to add a little back story — we want to know how the picture came to be.
  • You must have used a valid email address to register here at AC, so I know how to contact the winner.
  • Only one entry per week per person.

Good luck, everyone!

Alex Bergeron1

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
10409085_320517058134007_4897481535583146943_n.jpg

Taken with my LG G3 around 7am. I was in bed. I look across my room. I see orange sky and light seeping in. I get up and grab my phone. The colors looked as if a bomb went off. I open up the shade and this is what I saw. It was so majestic like a liger jumping through a bush covered in morning dew with the sun glistening down. lol

alamon

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
Android L.jpg

I used my Moto X (1st gen) to take this pic.
Fix it up abit with Snapseed.
My friend started to work at Google in July, so he ask me if I wanted to spend Thanksgiving with him and his wife this long weekend (Thanksgiving for Canada). He took a half day off on Monday and we biked around to find the statues at the Googlex. We finally found them in a back building and I guess they were cleaning them up for Android Lollipop announcement. Wish I could of stay a day longer to see it fully setup!!

kiko66613

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
This is a photo I took on my nephew's 4th birthday. We had to improvise and make a little cake from donuts and surround it with Kitkat chocolate bars, topped with M&M's. Then out of nowhere, we thought of putting a marshmallow Lollipop to add something of a lighter color to the cake.

Taken with my Xperia Z2, cropped and edited with MIX.IMG_20141016_233839.jpg

Last edited:

Shaik Shajahan

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
View attachment 141259

The Google statue for Android Lollipop.

Yes, we know it was way too easy to pick the photo contest prompt this week. But how could we not choose "lollipop" in the week that Google finally unveiled Android 5.0? Just like every other week, though, we're looking for your best pictures fitting this prompt, and we're sure this week is going to be packed full of sweet shots.

We're picking out three winners this week, and each winner will receive an Android Central T-shirt for their winning entry!

Entering is easy. Just drop your entry in a post below. Tell us what Android you used to get the picture, and any back story you want to add to it. We'll pick a winner Tuesday (October 22) night at 11:59 PM ET, and announce them on the blog with next Wednesday's contest.

• Pictures must be taken with an Android device
  • Pictures must be uploaded to the contest thread. I'm not running all over the Internet to track them down.
  • You have to tell us what device you used to take the picture, and any special software you might have used. Editing your pictures is fine — this is art.
  • Feel free to add a little back story — we want to know how the picture came to be.
  • You must have used a valid email address to register here at AC, so I know how to contact the winner.
  • Only one entry per week per person.

Good luck, everyone!

Last edited:

Eddroid

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Late night football with the Pittsburgh Panthers. Lollipop helped bring home the "sweet" win.
Taken with the Galaxy Nexus with the help of fx zoom and photogrid.
PhotoGrid_1413553181956[1].jpg

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Really difficult prompt this week, as I don't have kids I don't have many pictures of Lollipops lol. It forced me to go buy some at my local supermarket and try get artsy with some sweets taken with my trusty M8 in my kitchen this morning

IMAG0550.jpg

adal08

May 3, 2012
Visit site
Once I heard about this contest the idea to this photo was already stamped in my head.
I went to the groceries store at the mall I work and bought every candy I could find that had anything to do with the theme.
One detail that I would like to mention is the KitKat bars blurred in the background to symbolize from where Android came and where it is now!

IMG_20141019_015440.jpg

This photo was took with my, anxious to get Lollipop, Nexus 5 using the Lens Blur Effect, was slightly cropped and had saturation bumped up in Snapseed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary