Android Central Photo Contest: Stairs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
ac-photo-contest-stairs.jpg

Light-up steps. Taken with a Galaxy S6.

It's time for another photo contest, and this week the subject of your pictures will have to be "stairs." We don't always have escalators, ramps or ladders around, but stairs are pretty universal — and that means there's pretty much a limitless supply of them available for your to photograph. So get out there and get some stair shots, and enter them into the latest photo contest.

Two entries will be worthy of prizes this week, and each will win a Ventev powercell 3015+ Portable Battery and Wall Charger Combo!

Entering is easy. Just drop your entry in a post below. Tell us what Android you used to get the picture, and any back story you want to add to it. We'll pick a winner Tuesday (June 2) night at 11:59 PM ET, and announce them on the blog with the next contest.

• Pictures must be taken with an Android device
  • Pictures must be uploaded to the contest thread. I'm not running all over the Internet to track them down.
  • You have to tell us what device you used to take the picture, and any special software you might have used. Editing your pictures is fine — this is art.
  • Feel free to add a little back story — we want to know how the picture came to be.
  • You must have used a valid email address to register here at AC, so I know how to contact the winner.
  • Only one entry per contest per person.

Good luck, everyone!

Last edited:

svenEDGE

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
image.jpg

My wife and I decided to visit the abandoned Los Angeles Zoo in Griffith Park a couple weeks ago. This is a picture of a stairway that the zookeepers used to climb down to feed the animals in the exhibit. I took the photo with my Galaxy S6 and used VSCO to edit it.

ciberx

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Took a trip to Vietnam with my wife and we traveled to these majestic caves. "This was called the stairway to heaven" Taken with my Note 4
staircase to heaven.jpg

Last edited:

cbryancan

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Hmm. Not sure if this is eligible, but I took this animated gif photo with my Galaxy S6 edge (add-on animated gif mode in the stock camera). These are the escalators leading to/from the World Trade Center PATH station in New York City.

20150506_090408.jpg

joedevine1976

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
People are always complementing us on how pretty our spiral staircase is. Even though it is pleasing to the eye, I thought I would post this picture that I took with my Kyocera DuraForce ( I know bad camera but, this one isn't too bad) as a public service announcement. I don't think that there is one person in my large family that hasn't bounced down them on their rear end a time or two. These things are treacherous people. Think hard before you install one. Hope I made you smile.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
So the 26 miles and then 385 yards starting where?
London Marathon 2014 preparation.
Note 3, 13mp on auto, stock app.

Attachments

• S8.jpg
    S8.jpg
    991.1 KB · Views: 89

tigerchilly

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
This is supposedly a huanted house, wh
A man was strangled and dragged down the stairs.
I took a quick burst shot on my LG G3 and got the hell out of there.
Used warm filter with nocrop.

Posted via the Android Central App

Phil Parsons

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
My wife and I recently visited the 911 Memorial and took the tour. I took this picture of the original stairs taken from the tower. The firemen that survived the fall of the tower were found on these steps. This is quite the site especially when you think about what they represent. This may not win but I still wanted to share. Giving honor to who honor is due. Thanks NYFD! Taken with my Galaxy S6 and it didn't need any software help.20150424_145009.jpg

CMack1481

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Red Rocks Amphitheatre - Morrison, CO
Galaxy S4 + Instagram [2015.03.26]
The park/venue is open during the day to explore. Many people visit to see the incredible rock formations or to work out. There are a couple people in the picture which helps give a sense of scale. Amazing place and a must visit when in Denver.

IMG_20150326_163054.jpg

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: Stairs in Assisi (LG G3)

Taken with my pearly white Galaxy S6 - a few weeks back we went and spent the weekend at the beach, the below picture is a shot of the sea at high tide smashing off of the stairs leading down to the beach. As kids, we always loved when high tide would come in, we would stand at the railings and try and avoid the wave as it smashed into the wall - pretty daft game to play :) no editing was done on the photo, just double tap, point and shoot :)

20150503_164054.jpg

gizak

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Nothing fancy, just the stairs in my office building. Lit by a natural overhead skylight, the geometry and shading caught my eye. I used my LG G3 and snapped this shot to try and portray the shapes, angles, and lines that eventually lead to freedom after a long day at the office. Post-processing done with Snapseed.

stairs.jpg

BMIC50

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Taken with Nexus 7 2013 LTE and edited in Google+.
Whilst studying in Spain last summer, I came to this lovely challenge. Located in the not-so-flat portion of Northern Spain (GPS tags are on the photo, but Santander, Cantabria, Spain), this roughly 250 step stair got conquered by me! Unfortunately, the shots from the top was taken with my Canon. IMG_20140703_160250-EFFECTS.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.