Android Central Photo Contest: Garden

Status
Not open for further replies.

davisnfld

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
IMG_20150714_173725.jpg
This is a pic of a Hummingbird Moth visiting some cut lilacs in our garden a few days ago. This moth is rarely seen in our part of Canada. First time I've ever managed to catch a picture of one in fact. Taken on my Moto X 2014 and then cropped in the Gallery app.

charleswlee

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Taken with my Nexus 5 with the stock Google camera app and some small adjustments using Pixlr.

Late last summer my wife, her parents and I went on vacation to the Okanagan Valley here in British Columbia. We ended up visiting 22 wineries and I took hundreds of pictures. I think this one is my favorite: Oliver Twist Winery in Oliver. They had several vintage cars on display but decided to make a garden out of this one. 20140903_113135_Android.jpg

Paulo Carvalho

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
Photo taken with my Galaxy S6 using standard mode. Going through a soul detox, paying attention to the nature surround me makes me realize how small our problems are compared to the greatest of our creator.garden.jpg

Damian Kucinski

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
myPhone CUBE (8mpx Camera), and Instagram for fast editing. I know there is no any beautiful flowers or things you can have in a gareden, but I wanted to focus on plants, becasue it's gardening base. (btw I toke this photo while doing garden things haha)

IMG_20150701_213201.jpg

N_LaRUE

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Since I don't have my own garden (living in an apartment) I go to gardens instead.

Taken with Sony Z3. Some HDR filtering.

This is part of the garden at Arundel Castle, Arundel, UK

DSC_0259-02.jpg

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Here is a photo I took IN a Garden of a fascinating centipede or millipede (I don't know!). I love the way the colors of the centipede contrast. The photo was taken with a Motorola Moto X 2014, and cropped and slightly edited for color in the stock Motorola photo editing app. Thanks AC, and good luck to all the applicants!

Worm.jpg

Danv1369

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
This is a photo of Peach Blossoms taken in an orchard at Schnepf Farms in Queen Creek AZ. I used my 2014 Moto X. No editing.
IMG_20150208_104552282.jpg
It is surprising how much agriculture is grown in a hot climate like AZ. My home is surrounded by Corn and Cotton most of the year. There is also an Olive farm near by.

freddyfender

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
We were in Europe (Brussels) last summer. We happened to be in town for The Flower Carpet! They built a Turkish Carpet out of Flower heads. It took 4 days. It was amazing to see. This was taken with a Nexus 5. No touch ups to the picture.

IMG_20140814_201758.jpg

rsdroid

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Japanese Tea Garden.jpg

Lots of great flower macros in this contest! I decided to go with this pic of the Japanese Tea Garden in San Antonio instead of a macro. This was taken recently on my first visit there. I've lived in San Antonio for years and had no idea it was there until a friend took me. This was my first view of it on arriving. It is such an unexpected, magical oasis in the city. Taken on my M9 and edited with Snapseed and Paint.

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
DSC_0017.jpg
Shot on my Nexus 6 in RAW using Camera FV-5. Curious how the RAW files are captured, I edited it on my PC using Capture One Pro 8. This is a photo of a lily after a light rain. Lighting could have looked better, but it was still overcast. Lots of detail captured though!

Status
Not open for further replies.