Android Central Photo Contest: Trees

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilmah

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
I took this in Denver at the Botanic Gardens. It was super humid and jungle-like in there but it was well worth the misery. There were trees that looked like they could've come out of a Dr. Suess book. Some of the trees had single leaves that were more than 10 feet long. Love this place.
20150823_122217_HDR.jpg
LG G4
Stock camera app
No editing

Clifford Sugisawa

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
Here is a photo of a massive Coast Live Oak that I shot with my Xperia Z3 Compact with no post processing. Mount Diablo was the first place I went to after moving to the SF Bay Area and was taken back by the size of this tree. Though we have coast live oaks where I'm from (Illinois). I've never seen one quite like this and this large. My friend in the tree is an arborist and was explaining to me the extent of their growth pattern. This tree was an ideal specimen to explain the biology of the tree in it's environment.

DSC_0083.jpg

Lytspeed

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
IMAG0937-EFFECTS.jpg

Taken while on a soul-searching walk in the middle of my divorce. I knew I was in the neighborhood where Jessica Ridgeway was kidnapped and slain, but I didn't know this memorial existed in the open space near her school. Kind of gave me a bit of perspective about my own problems.

(HTC One M9, effects applied automatically by Google.)

jlgraham

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
2012-02-18 16.10.16.jpg

Looking towards Lake Tahoe, Winter 2012
Taken with my old HTC Thunderbolt, Edited with Picasa & Lightroom

I actually went for a hike with some fellow photographer friends, and was using only black and white film. I took a few quick shots with my HTC Thunderbolt, just so I could share to social media quickly, and ended up really liking this shot. That HTC camera was by no means great, or even good, but every once in awhile, with the right conditions and a bit of patience (i.e. editing) you could get a decent shot! I believe (cannot quite remember) that there was a forest fire the summer before I took this photo, hence the blackened trunks and dead trees.

motorcycle_monkey

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Mountain_trees.jpg

Used my Motorola Droid Turbo and touched up a bit in Motorola Gallery app. These trees were at the top of a hike near Hartsel, CO.

Attachments

• IMG_20150821_155849212_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20150821_155849212_HDR.jpg
    986.9 KB · Views: 22

jfs101

Trusted Member
Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Going for a wildcard here... there are trees around it!

Shot on a Samsung Galaxy S6 and used Snapseed for some contrast.

20150911_115643-01.jpg

Snail55

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Taken on a random ramble on a Nexus 5, no editing after all nature beats technology every time.

IMG_20140824_154741.jpg

BC

Edit - Probably could've qualified in the rust category too!

Last edited:

markbt

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
trees.jpg

Taken near Mount Evans in the Colorado Rocky Mountains yesterday with my Nexus 4. The aspens are just starting to change up there, but despite the fall colors, this was my favorite shot while walking under the tall pines near Echo Lake.

Tat2Jr

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
FV5-0039-01_1368x1824.jpg

This was taken from my driveway in Palm Springs, California. I've religiously used the paid version of "Camera FV-5" app for years, because it can usually grab pictures other cameras mess up. Especially on under powered, non-flagship phones. Which I've owned plenty of.

I just got a Samsung Galaxy S4 and love taking photos with it! Even though it's a couple years old it's the first flagship phone I've ever owned, and honestly the first phone I've owned that had a acceptable camera on it. I edited the photo in "Snapseed" and resized it in "Just Resize It".

Status
Not open for further replies.