Android Central Photo Contest: Clock

Status
Not open for further replies.

NealJ777

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
This is The Millennium Sundial in Front Royal, VA. The sundial was created by local artists to commemorate the end of the 20th century and the beginning of the 21st century. The dial is an image of a Native American canoeing down the Shenandoah River. The Shenandoah River passes through Front Royal, which is known as the Canoe Capital of Virginia. Shenandoah is an Native American word, which means "Daughter of the Stars."

This image was taken with a 2014 Moto X and edited in Google Photos.

rsz_1rsz_img_20151008_151536952_hdr-compressor.jpg

VMdoug

May 13, 2010
Visit site
This is a clock tower that's part of a wall around Lucerne, Switzerland. Inside is a clock museum, you can climb all the way to the top and there's displays of clock works at each level...pretty cool.

Taken with my LG G4 and edited in Google Photos (Saturn filter applied because, time)
LucerneClock.jpg

Sujay Kadrekar

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
1dd04851fec533cadeb25ae9714396fb.jpg

Clicked on my HTC One M9+ using stock camera app. Manual editing using HTC Photo editor, set saturation to zero and tweaked the brightness a little (The result was a black and white though ). Snapped at Bandra Railway Station in Mumbai with vintage setup and this clock is reminiscent of the same. The sun was glowing on this bright afternoon hence the overexposed sky in the background yet the black & white gives the photo a nice look.

Sent from my HTC One M9+ using Tapatalk

TopherRZ

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
City Hall, Philadelphia. Taken with my Galaxy Note 5. Point-and-shoot image: no modifications or cropping.
Edit: For some reason, it turned out sideways.
20151010_120326.jpg

David Rhoades

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
20141107_143844.jpg
This was taken with SM-G900P (Galaxy S6) f/2.21/1504.8 mm ISO4. This has not been edited in anyway. I love how the trees and pathways in the background help add to the clocks unique look makes me feel like im back in the 1800's. This was taken in downtown Charleston,SC.

ST Ammo

Oct 8, 2015
Visit site
This is a puppet theater in Tbilisi (Gabriadze theatre). It was my first visit in Georgia and I've got in love with this country that I've traveled there once more and want to come back.
This theater is unique by it's architecture (clock tower is not straight) and all the details on it. It's very joyful and colorful building so not only children love it.

Picture was taken with HTC One M8 and later edited by several photo editing apps on the phone.

PSX_20151010_233600-01.jpg

krishnansasikumar

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Taken for my friend's son's cradle ceremony. The day when the child will be placed in a cradlefor the first time .

A mix of East and west.

Taken on my Nexus 6.. Indoor pic, stock Google camera. No post processing

Unable to attach pic

Posted via Nexus 6 or Nexus 7

Todailytechroberts

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
On asginment shooting a tour through the rainforest in cairns australia. Ben took a second to refresh himself on a hot day by drinking from the river so I grabbed my phone for a personal photo Used lightroom for mobile shot on my Samsung s6.

Posted via the Android Central App

Carlos Fragoso

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone well I just took this photo with my TCL M3G with CM12.1 and the Google camera, no filters, automatic exposure. Its from an old clock that I gave my dad long time ago when I was a kid.

IMG_20151010_223636.jpg

B-Buntin

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
Central Park, New York. Nexus 5.

This clock is literally a work of art. The piece is called "Against the Run" created by Alicja Kwade. The dial of the clock turns counter-clockwise while the second hand remands stationary.

IMG_20151011_165823.jpg

Last edited:

araya_samson

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
Inside Dubai Airport Terminal.Taken with Camera 360 on B&W mode and touched in adobe photoshop express; Galaxy S3.

8cdfb049653087f919e19da3ae6beb05.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9301I using Tapatalk

anon(835682)

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
About a week ago, it was Parent's Weekend at Drake University. At this time, I took a photo of the sundial in front of the Harmon Fine Arts Center. It's not a famous monument, and it's not Big Ben. A sundial dates back as one of, if not the first kind of clock to exist. On campus, we have a giant one, beautifully adorned with flowers and plants. Iowa is a place that most people fly over, and the people that settle here realize that it is beautiful. It's not a giant tower or tourist attraction, but it is easily may favorite fixture on campus, which is my home. This photo was taken on my Sprint LG G4. No editing or filters, taken on auto. Win or lose, easily my favorite photo I've ever taken.20150927_100303.jpg

I could not figure out how to upload it at full resolution. Here is a link to it via google photos for full resolution photo: https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=M0V5ajVoS0R4ZmdsYXNmbVpLRHRzb0s3Tm83ekZR

Kupo15

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
IMG_20151013_120404.jpg

Taken with a Droid Turbo, edited through Instagram.

To be honest, there wasn't too much of a backstory taking this picture. It was taken at a rooftop wedding at the Oviatt Penthouse in Downtown Los Angeles. But as I started editing the picture, it took a life of it's own. The clock obviously is the only subject here, so it dictated the direction I was going in order to edit it.

Being that it wasn't a functioning clock, I started thinking about how this was literally time frozen. That's where the decision of blurring out the rest of the clock came into place; just this idea of being in that moment and how when we perceive time, it's literally for that second, and everything before and coming up is a blur or inconceivable. I also debated whether to go full on black and white or just to leave the color, though there wasn't much color to play around with in the first place. That's why I decided to bring down the saturation a little bit to give that feel of looking back in time, while still being in the present. And while those numbers are bulbs, the contrast made it look like an old school font/type. With all that said, this picture definitely took a life of it's own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sem173