Android Central Photo Contest: Concrete

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmaze

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
I noticed the edge of the concrete walkway at a drugstore was dirty and then the plants growing from cracks in the parking lot caught my eye. Slight color correction in Snapseed. Taken with an LG L22C.

Attachments

• 0202161019a-01snap.jpg
    0202161019a-01snap.jpg
    997.4 KB · Views: 50

clownstrike

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
20160131_112807_HDR-01.jpg

Concrete details in the High Line park in NYC. The designer used this great rising concrete effect all through the park that echos the risen nature of the park itself. Taken a few days ago with my LG G4 and some editing in Snapseed.

jackeryan

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
This is a picture of a courtyard in Balboa Park in San Diego.I visited last spring, and, true to southern California mornings, there was a coat of mist hanging low over the ground. Some of the colored cement squares were still damp from the morning dew. I currently take all of my photos with my LG G4, but this pic was taken with my LG G2.
multi-colored courtyard.jpg

Last edited:

Daejeon Citizen

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
20t4a3o.jpg

This was taken in a brand new city in South Korea named Sejong. It was a very cold -16 degrees celsius when I took this photo with my Samsung Galaxy A8 (Korean model). It isn't edited but was taken with Auto HDR mode. The concrete towers that didn't exist a year or so earlier now dominate the skyline.

courtneyftw

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
IMG_20150321_140024.jpg

Taken with my Nexus 6.
The view from the inside of the Henry Clay Furnace in Cooper's Rock State Forest.
Crawling inside of it may not have been the best idea, but the photos turned out to be well worth it!

micmanx

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Photo taken with a Samsung Galaxy S3. Edited the colors with snapseed

Just one of many random pics I took walking with my friends.:)
51cbe2b9-600a-4b99-96fe-10abf4db33f8.jpg

Charlesmull77

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
This image was taken at the County Courthouse in Northumberland County PA . The concrete is some of the last steps that you see before you are tried for crimes that you may have committed. The building was built in the 1865 By D.S. Rissell These photo's were taken with my LG Volt but uploaded through my PC. 20160207_172129.jpg

Bajanbox

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
b2df0a12d178235fc44c194cfa20b1a3.jpg

Shot this with my note 5 traveling down the 110 Frwy in Los Angeles. Only root I did was cropping the image to remove the wiper blade. But after doing so the photo went from 9 mb to 2½ mb compressed. But still think you can zoom in to see exactly how many bridges are just in this one section of the 110. I think the total is about 10 overpasses.

Anyway it was a cloudy day and decided to snap some shots of the freeway overpass. Just to show the construction engineering with the use of concrete and steel. The tallest one is the 105 carpool heading directly to LAX.

Good luck to all previous entries!

anon(5689577)

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
cement.jpg

I know that the contest is titled "concrete," but since cement is an ingredient of concrete I hope this qualifies.
This was taken with a Sony Xperia TabletZ and edited with the Google Photos app.

This was just recently exposed again and I was looking forward to getting some photos of it anyway. It was good to get to enter a contest with it. This is part of what's left of a town called Cement, GA. The town was founded after Charles Wallace Howard discovered a natural cement stone on his property. This is one of the stone furnaces that still stands. According to the Etowah Valley Historical Society, that the citizens Kingston, GA claim that some of the cement in the foundation of the Brooklyn Bridge was produced here. If you are interested in history like this, you can read a little about it at evhsonline.org.

dcpotter22

Nov 28, 2015
Visit site
So, did we all enter one of the contests that never has the prizes given out to anyone? Cause if theres not going to be any winners announced ever, then I'll just order the chromecast this weekend, would have a couple weeks ago or even yesterday while waiting to see if I'd be one of the 3 and save the $35 for something else:)

Dave Johnson3

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
So, did we all enter one of the contests that never has the prizes given out to anyone? Cause if theres not going to be any winners announced ever, then I'll just order the chromecast this weekend, would have a couple weeks ago or even yesterday while waiting to see if I'd be one of the 3 and save the $35 for something else:)

Prizes do get given out, I won an Anker power bank before Christmas and received it within 10 days (overseas shipping too).
This thread is still open which means the competition is still open. When the thread is locked the winner gets announced, although you usually have to hunt in a completely different area to find out who won. With any luck the very last post will provide a link to the winners before the thread is locked (like they did for last months competition).

leprechaunshawn

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Entering is easy. Just drop your entry in a post below. Tell us what Android you used to get the picture, and any back story you want to add to it. We'll pick a winner Tuesday (February 9) night at 11:59 PM ET, and announce them on the blog with the next contest.

A winner should have already been chosen and announced.

towheadmb

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
Yes, the thread does give a time and date. However, sometimes things beyond control of the person running the contest may prevent him or her from meeting the deadline. I know, even with a strong work ethic, that if I were hospitalized or there was a family emergency that I needed to attend to, picking the winners would drop on my priority list. If you want one that badly perhaps you should just go get it . If you win you could always gift the second one out!! Have patience..Good things come to those that wait!

dcpotter22

Nov 28, 2015
Visit site
Yeah I'm not complaining it's just a Chromecast, not a major prize. I was literally going to buy it 2 weeks ago but came across this and thought itd be fun. Now that there's no indication when the prize winners will be announced I picked it up yesterday for 20 bucks. I just moved to a new area and wanted a way to stream to the tv. Just disappointing that a website this large can't keep to a regular schedule, but life happens I get that!

Posted via the Android Central App

Status
Not open for further replies.