Guide: How to embed your Photo Spheres!

djw39

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Is this for desktop only? I thought this was an android website. Can't we at least make these into links that kick you to the Google+ app for mobile viewing?

Posted via Android Central App

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
... in desktop mode only? My phone slows to a crawl trying to render this page with all the photospheres and the Optimus G is pretty powerful. Is there at least a way to get them to go full screen?

Posted via Android Central App

This is the only API Google gives us. Hopefully, they continue to improve it (it's come a long way in just a month) especially for mobile viewing outside of G+.

drwolcot

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Georgia Southern vs UGA 2012 Athens, GA (Go Eagles)

Just noticed that embedded photospheres don't look near as good as the ones in G+. Embedded here looks more curved/stretched.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Loading this page kills my nexus 7 with Chrome or Chrome beta :(

A suggestion for folks wanting to post their awesome (or maybe not so much? :p ) photospheres. If you have a few from the same venue, or trip, or whatever, then create a new thread with them. I'd rather see many, many threads with these than one really long thread. :)

There are three benefits. 1) People can easily sift through the ones they're most interested in. 2) Load times will be faster, since there will be fewer elements to load. 3) This particular thread can be left for questions about the actual embedding process.

One other important thing to keep in mind is the title. If threads are properly titled then you won't necessarily have to load each individual thread just to see what the subject of the photosphere is.

Continue being awesome! We're all enjoying seeing these. :)

popartist

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Not sure this is going to work, followed the instructions but the URL is looking a bit different... EDIT: It worked but it definitely does not look as nice as in the Google + viewer or on my phone. Also, it cut off what I typed below the photo, namely that this is the pier in my neighborhood in Brooklyn during the day on July 4th. :) Taken on my stock Sense HTC One, with the stock Android app sideloaded.

EDIT 2: This is the URL I get using the method in the video:
Code:
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-j2-s73VJjqY/UdjrBrtjVsI/AAAAAAAAAzw/OJJ_aIQWGpU/w1042-h110-no/Photospheres+-+1
I double checked the video too - from what I can tell everyone else's ends in .jpg, - don't know why mine is like the above?

Last edited:

muziqaz

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Great stuff, but don't try opening this thread on your phone. My nexus 4 freaks right out. I would have thought that high end graphic chips would have some sort of acceleration built in for such things by now.

mathematiker

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, apparently a single photosphere per post is allowed. I'll post them in separate posts then. They are all taken with a Verizon Galaxy Nexus.

A government office in Atlanta:

- - - Updated - - -

Random Georgia Tech campus shot:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non