Google+ auto backup backs up deleted photos

bobogs

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
If it take a photo or video that I don't like and delete it from my device immediately, auto backup still backs it up to Google+. Is there a way to configure auto backup to delay or just ignore photos that are deleted very soon after they're taken?

Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't think so. You could look at it the other way and consider it a nice safety net, in case you mistakenly delete a photo that you wanted to keep instead!

Hopefully it isn't too much of a hassle to go through your Auto Backup folder in Google+ Photos and delete the ones you meant to delete.

dickmyers

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
I hope that Google doesn't think this way, or at least acknowleges that not everyone thinks this way. I think it's a major oversight or omission. A delay or at least a programmable delay (setting) is a much better option than immediately copying every crappy shot to my G+ account. I can't imagine that this would be hard to implement. Anyone at Google care to respond?

Todd Huish

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
I LOVE auto backup but this particular thing drives me insane. I'll take 100 pictures and keep 10 and yet all 100 are in my storage up on google+

I understand why this happens but all I really want is to be able to define a "delay". Backup after 1h, 2h, 8hr, 1d whatever. Something to allow me a tiny bit of time to organize before storing them forever.

I guess we can just dream...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome