Picasa vs. Google Photos

Epwhamilton

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
I'm currently looking at backing up my 22000ish photos onto Google Photos but am baulking at the time its going to take. Since they're already on Picasa (which I'd look to retire once the switch is done) is there a quicker way of transfering , since they're both Google products?

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What do you mean when you say they're on Picasa? Picasa on the web essentially became Google+ Photos, so if they're on Picasa on the web, then they're in your Google+ Photos. But if you mean they're on the Picasa program on your Windows computer, and you never set it to sync with your Google account, that means the photos are just locally stored on your computer and being organized with the Picasa program. In Picasa, go to Tools>Batch Upload, and you should be able to specify which folders to upload. It'll take a long time to upload 22,000 photos, but it should be able to do so in the background.

Epwhamilton

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
Is that so? They are indeed uploaded to the web through Picasa. I will maybe uninstall Picasa this evening and see where that leaves me. Thanks for your reply

Posted via Android Central App

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc