How does everyone organize their edited photos?

Divisi

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm only just recently actually editing my mobile photos before uploading them, and the results are much better. But I'm getting annoyed by duplicates from the editing process and posting them to some sites which leave another one on my phone.

Do those who take photos just deal with this or is there a method I can apply to the madness?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's always a good idea to keep the original photo around somewhere, preferably backed up to the cloud as well, in case you want to edit it a different way, or you want to compare the edited version with the original at some point. But if you're sure you don't need the original any more, then you could just delete the original immediately after saving the edited photo.

Divisi

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Yea I've also just learned that I should keep around the originals after saving over one of them with the wrong edit.

I forgot to mention that I use google photos to backup my pictures. That's a bit of an important point I missed. I would just be a bit annoyed that I have two pictures backed up in photos that look slightly different.
I'm just not sure if I should just back up the edits separately with something else, or manually or what.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I agree, it'd be nice if there was an easy way to move the original photo automatically to some separate album or folder, but the default for Google Photos is to show you all of the photos, grouped by date. You can create your own albums or collections, but you can't have it display that by default.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheOzarks