Need opinions on best camera app.

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
I've tried a couple but I'd truly appreciate some educated or experienced opinions on camera apps. I assume the type android is an important part of the equation. I use an LG OPTIMUS F-7 (or model LG-870). Thanks in advance for your advice.

Kristian

Posted via the Android Central App

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Well, it really depends on what 'best app' means to you. Do you want something with tons of manual options, with filters, with picture editing capabilities, with cool UI?

I've personally moved away from 'fancy' camera apps and just use the stock one for my pictures and then just do editing elsewhere (Snapseed is my go-to app nowadays). But once upon a time I used Camera Zoom FX and it was pretty neat, with a lot of options for picture taking and fancy filters. Camera 360 is another popular choice.

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
You need to define "best" so that we know what your judging criteria is.

You also need to better explain the type of app you are looking for. Are you looking for something that controls the camera? Or, are you looking for something that edits the pictures afterwards?

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
Hi Joe,

Thanks for the responding. I'm looking for an application to control the camera. I suppose the most important things are stability and features that are easy to use and understand. I have a good application for editing pics. I need an app that focusing isn't difficult and time consuming. Also the ability to take multiple pics fast is a cool feature. Being able to shoot movies is of little or no importance to me. Colored lenses and other special effects are nice but only if they're easy to use. Good instructions on how to use all the features is really important.
Anyway, I hope I haven't bored you to tears with the above wish list of mine. Again, most important is stability. I can't seem to find a web browser that doesn't constantly crash. I need a camera app that basically never crashes.

Thanks for your help,

Kristian

Posted via the Android Central App

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You can find most of those features in Camera Zoom FX or even the Google Camera app, BUT here's the problem: Not all phones support the same features. For instance, manual focus (TRUE manual focus) is only supported in newer Android versions and even further, in only a handful of phones, like the G4 or the Note 5. Same thing for full manual controls. Fast Burst will also depend on your phone and app, whether it takes half a second between shots or takes 10 shots a second, which resolution it takes those pics in, etc.