There is hope!

randomosity117

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
There is hope for us 2.3.5 locked MoPhos after all! I found a GREAT ROM installable via bootstrap that is deblured and FAST. If anyone is interested I will try to like it. 1 percent battery indicator, smooth scrolling, notification toggles, fast, fast, fast! I love it :D it is a 2.3.5 "CM7" hybrid

Sent from my MB855 using Android Central Forums

ryuxp1

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
hey i need some help please i was trying to root my motorola photon from sprint and then i up everething when i turn my phone on black screen saying boot error 4 starting RSD mode i accidentally just download 1FF-sunfire-user-2.3.5-4.5.1A_SUN_USC_19.0-19-release-keys-signed-USC-US and then i put with RSD lite to my cell now i stuck with this i want put back my photon from sprint 2.3.5 any help please ....................................

T3ch17

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
hey i need some help please i was trying to root my motorola photon from sprint and then i up everething when i turn my phone on black screen saying boot error 4 starting RSD mode i accidentally just download 1FF-sunfire-user-2.3.5-4.5.1A_SUN_USC_19.0-19-release-keys-signed-USC-US and then i put with RSD lite to my cell now i stuck with this i want put back my photon from sprint 2.3.5 any help please ....................................

I had the same problem; I took it to my local Sprint Repair Center and they installed the file that I was missing. The tech was really cool, and it was free so it was well worth it.

popularbelief

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
similar story but a little different .my friend broke his evo 3d. completely shattered the screen. i had it unlocked on 2.3.4 running paranoid android and my friend didn't know how to activate it on his line. he sbf'd the us celluar file and now my photon is my paperweight/ spare device. since this is my spare i wonder if service and repair will be as kind to me.

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
He was full of BS, either to generate donations or webtraffic. He did the same here to LS670 users.

There is no unlocking the OTA 2.3.5 Photon bootloader

dalewb

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
He was full of BS, either to generate donations or webtraffic. He did the same here to LS670 users.
There is no unlocking the OTA 2.3.5 Photon bootloader
Thank you for the information.
So what recourse do I have? I know I can't expect to find help at a Sprint store and my contract will last another 6 months. Besides, I like the Photon - I have the docking cradle and use it a lot - I've watched movies on it (Amazon VOD) a couple times with friends, and I can replicate my PC desktop using Splashtop on it. I mean it's become quite possibly the most useful gadget I've ever owned. But it's been crippled by this update - everything is slower - sometimes I miss calls because the phone is so slow to ring, must less turn the screen on and display the answer button.

I think I just want to back up my contacts and perhaps my WebOS settings and wipe the phone and start over again - but there is so much data out there I just don't know where to begin :(

Slender Troll

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for the information.
So what recourse do I have? I know I can't expect to find help at a Sprint store and my contract will last another 6 months. Besides, I like the Photon - I have the docking cradle and use it a lot - I've watched movies on it (Amazon VOD) a couple times with friends, and I can replicate my PC desktop using Splashtop on it. I mean it's become quite possibly the most useful gadget I've ever owned. But it's been crippled by this update - everything is slower - sometimes I miss calls because the phone is so slow to ring, must less turn the screen on and display the answer button.

I think I just want to back up my contacts and perhaps my WebOS settings and wipe the phone and start over again - but there is so much data out there I just don't know where to begin :(

In my opinion, the best thing to do would be to get a Nexus 4 (or if you need to stay with Sprint for a while longer, the Galaxy Nexus) and transfer all of your contacts to that and know that you will always have the latest updates. That's what I will be doing at least.

Outdated yet Young Motorola Photon 4G

dalewb

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Thanks - I'll keep that in mind. For now, I backed up my contacts and some other things and did a factory reset. The funny thing was that when I got everything back and running I noticed the phone was still rooted. o_O Whatever - it seems to be running more quickly. I'll be careful what apps I load on it in the future.

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
will this rom work on my photon mb855 with the locked bootloader? im having difficulty finding any roms that are worth the small effort to flash to it, wish i had got it before the update to 2.3.5

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair