1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can the Photon be Switched to T-Mobile?

Looking for help I read somewhere that this can be possible, Switching from Sprint to a T-Mobile Network. Can this be possible? Can someone point me to the direction where I can fined the how to, step by step directions, or if someone knows how to walk me through it, It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Default Re: Can the Photon be Switched to T-Mobile?

Hmmm..... CDMA device running on a GSM based network...
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

ROM
    MIUIv4

its possible, the photon has a gsm radio for international use. as far as i know domestic (usa) is still locked down. check out in the android dev section

ROM
    MIUIv4

Just in the last week, some guys over at xda were able to flash a japanese radio to get domestic GSM working. ATT is probably best from what i can see, TMo you are only going to get edge(2g)

Yeah 2g on T-Mobile until they make their 1900 mhz band their 3g/4g which they are working on doing. I have an old photon that I am going to flash that radio and try it out on a gsm network this weekend hopefully.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Did you flash your phone? Did it work? I'd love to be able to switch to Straight Talk on my Photon, although I am seriously considering getting a Nexus 4.

Quote Originally Posted by jbuggydroid View Post
    Yeah 2g on T-Mobile until they make their 1900 mhz band their 3g/4g which they are working on doing. I have an old photon that I am going to flash that radio and try it out on a gsm network this weekend hopefully.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

I'd like to do the same. It is possible? I have 2 photons. Is it going to work? Will it work near optimal effectiveness or be limited to 2g on T-Mobile.

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BuScIn View Post
    I'd like to do the same. It is possible? I have 2 photons. Is it going to work? Will it work near optimal effectiveness or be limited to 2g on T-Mobile.
    Works like a champ. I field tested it for a full month with a Net10 ATT sim and it worked far better than my Sprint Photon. Instructions are here:

Global Posts
    4,081 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Quote Originally Posted by mrmw View Post
    Works like a champ. I field tested it for a full month with a Net10 ATT sim and it worked far better than my Sprint Photon. Instructions are here:
    Thanks for the link, I will try that probably on the weekend.

However, would it be possible to call Sprint and just ask them to unlock my Photon?
    I already got a Galaxy S4 and not using the Photon.

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!