Anyone trading in their Nexus 9 for Pixel C?

lindycu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Amazon does trade-in on Nexus 9

--- Posted via the Android Central App on my Google Project Fi network Nexus 6p ---

Trevor Myatt

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
I've had the pixel see for a month now. I love it I had been looking for a tablet for some time but didn't like the Nexus line but still wanted something pure Google. I saw this online and had to have it. It's beautiful it's fast. And it gets constant updates. I really like that it won't be the same machine in six months that it is today.

Joseph Sheu

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
I did own an N9 since launch, and I picked up a PixC at launch too. My N9 served no purpose except as a media tablet. Youtube, Netflix and locally downloaded content (particularly when flying). No productivity at all.

When I bought the Pix C, I expected it to do that same thing, with the small added exception of the occasional email. I bought the PixC + standard

As a media tablet, the PixC is indeed better than the N9. Screen is much better and brighter (though, to be honest, if you had a Nexus 9 that never went side by side to the PixC, you'd be perfectly happy with it), battery is much stronger (no contest) and the speakers, while a little bit tinnier than the N9, is indeed louder in most scenarios (just by a hair). So for most online video consumption, it is the better device. I found myself grabbing the PixelC time after time.

After a short while, I started using the PixC for a little bit more productivity, the odd email here and there, etc. But, last week, I had a revelation. I had a work trip interstate, throughout the day, the Pixel C did everything I needed it to do - bar 2 hours for a presentation that I did via my MBP. All in all, the SOT for the Pix C was close to 9 hours by the time I got home (4 hours of streaming video on a flight, plus 4+ hours of emails, browsing, google drive, etc). It still had 30% battery remaining when I got home. It replace my MBP nearly all of the tasks that day, with very little detriment to efficiency - granted, I didn't require too much multitasking.

What this means for me is that, I can now bring my MBP + Pixel C on these business trips, with no charger, have a full day's entertainment, not have to look for a wall socket, and be perfectly confident that I can do a full days work as well, and not run out of juice. For comparison, my MBP runs about 5 - 6 hours with my typical usage, so if I used it for 4 hours on the flights (2 there and back) plus my 2 hour presentation, I would definitely require a charger for the day, AND be on the lookout for a wall socket.

The PixelC, whilst not perfect, definitely fits in with my lifestyle

LinuxWeather

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Agreed ... I do a lot more with the Pixel C than I ever did with the N9 and I used the Pixel C much more if for nothing else it isn't as frustrating an experience in that Chrome redraws, or resources seems to get exhausted.

Posted via the Android Central App

Aredubu

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I have both now and think I'll be giving up my N9. The Pixel is noticeably smoother than the N9, and I really liked the N9. I keep double tapping the screen on the Pixel though to wake it up! The Pixel is not as mammoth as I thought though. It reminds me of an updated Nexus 10.

RickInHouston

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
My Mom has decided she would like a computer at home. I suggested, instead, a tablet. Good Lord, this is going to end up killing me, I know. She is clueless with any tech. I just bought a Pixel C with the developer's 25% discount without keyboard. I may pick up the keyboard at a later date. She'll get my current Nexus 9. I'll be happy with similar charging connectors by my bed. Tired of fiddling with which cord is for which device (currently have a Nexus 6p).