Visit site
Couple things I've found so far:

Relay For Reddit can't play video or gifs in portrait

Can't log in to Instagram via Facebook

Posted via the Android Central App

atg284

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
So far I have come across 2 apps I use that will not go into landscape. My other tablets have the same issue but having the Pixel C attached to the dock most of the time magnifies the issue. Not a dealbreaker though.

The keyboard did have a hangup one time but hours later it has not happened again.

Other than that I have had a great time with it so far. The keyboard is really nice. I have been typing on it all afternoon/evening!

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
So far I have come across 2 apps I use that will not go into landscape. My other tablets have the same issue but having the Pixel C attached to the dock most of the time magnifies the issue. Not a dealbreaker though.

Agree that having the keyboard attached makes it worse. Not really a bug, per se — just lazy coding. :-/

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Agree that having the keyboard attached makes it worse. Not really a bug, per se — just lazy coding. :-/

That's an issue for tablet space utilization as well. I'm really hoping that things like multi-window encourage devs to think much intelligently how they're going to code for tablets.

atg284

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Another thing I have just realized is that when the keyboard is attached the virtual digital keyboard keeps coming up on the screen when I click into a text input field. Just a minor annoyance.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Another thing I have just realized is that when the keyboard is attached the virtual digital keyboard keeps coming up on the screen when I click into a text input field. Just a minor annoyance.

That's ahem, "working as intended" :p

Jason Rossi

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
That's ahem, "working as intended" :p

Really? I must be doing something different. With the keyboard attached I never see the virtual keyboard, including when I tap a text input field. I wonder why the difference in our experience? In fact I have been trying to get the virtual keyboard to open. I'm wondering what keys are on the screen ( the ones which the keynote said didn't make it onto the attached keyboard)

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Hangouts still sucks on tablets. Other than a few apps not being so functional on tablet, I haven't run into many issues. I'll post them as I run into them.

ZiggSVO

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Really? I must be doing something different. With the keyboard attached I never see the virtual keyboard, including when I tap a text input field. I wonder why the difference in our experience? In fact I have been trying to get the virtual keyboard to open. I'm wondering what keys are on the screen ( the ones which the keynote said didn't make it onto the attached keyboard)

Hotkey shortcuts for keys that arent there
https://support.google.com/pixel/answer/6326992?hl=en&ref_topic=6323244

Downwind

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I've got the problem with the virtual keyboard jumping onto the screen when I'm working with the mechanical one. Some apps are a real adventure. I was hoping to use Open Office but it's a mess on the Pixel. I'd like to get some work done with this thing but I haven't found the right combination of apps yet. I'm going to spend the weekend memorizing the shortcut keys.

Jason Rossi

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
I've got the problem with the virtual keyboard jumping onto the screen when I'm working with the mechanical one. Some apps are a real adventure. I was hoping to use Open Office but it's a mess on the Pixel. I'd like to get some work done with this thing but I haven't found the right combination of apps yet. I'm going to spend the weekend memorizing the shortcut keys.

Well again I never had the problem with the virtual keybaord poping up, and I have been using this all day for 2 days now. For Office apps, I use Word and Excel no prob. Haven't use dpower point yet. Microsoft wrote andoid (and apple) apps recently and they are free.

Jason Rossi

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site

Downwind

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Well again I never had the problem with the virtual keybaord poping up, and I have been using this all day for 2 days now. For Office apps, I use Word and Excel no prob. Haven't use dpower point yet. Microsoft wrote andoid (and apple) apps recently and they are free.

Word is what I ended up using, although the Android version is very limited. It seemed stable however.

ZiggSVO

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for this! And I found out that the "..." pressed by itself opens the on screen keyboard. For those of you with problems with the on screen popping up, perhaps that key is being pressed? It is right next to spacebar, I supppose it would be easy to get it into the mix.

Maybe there is a setting somewhere that can turn off the virtual keyboard when the real keyboard is connected. Thats where my money would be on with the problems described. Check the bluetooth settings for the keyboard or try the input settings and see if you find anything in there?

polar135

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Issues with microphone in the Verizon messages app, folks can't hear me talk. I think it's an app issue since Google hangouts worked fine

Jason Rossi

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
Maybe there is a setting somewhere that can turn off the virtual keyboard when the real keyboard is connected. Thats where my money would be on with the problems described. Check the bluetooth settings for the keyboard or try the input settings and see if you find anything in there?

What I am saying is there is a keyboard shortcut ON the attached keyboard, which launches the virtual keyboard. Wondering if folks are hitting it by accident and thus launching the virtual one (it is litterally right next to the space bar and easy to hit). Wondering if that is why others are having this experience yet I am not... all good here, no magic launches of the virtual keyboard.

ZiggSVO

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
What I am saying is there is a keyboard shortcut ON the attached keyboard, which launches the virtual keyboard. Wondering if folks are hitting it by accident and thus launching the virtual one (it is litterally right next to the space bar and easy to hit). Wondering if that is why others are having this experience yet I am not... all good here, no magic launches of the virtual keyboard.

I know what you were getting at :p
Others are having issues with the virtual keyboard opening when they click the text input while the BT keyboard is attached.
So My suggestion was for them or anyone with a Pixel C and the keyboard to see if there was som setting in the Keyboards bluetooth setting or the device settings somewhere about its behavior when the keyboard is attached.

atg284

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for this! And I found out that the "..." pressed by itself opens the on screen keyboard. For those of you with problems with the on screen popping up, perhaps that key is being pressed? It is right next to spacebar, I supppose it would be easy to get it into the mix.

Unfortunately I am not hitting that button when it pops up. In chrome when I click into the URL field it brings up the virtual keyboard every time weather it is with the Bluetooth mouse or my finger on the screen. That is just one example. It is not supper bad as I just hit the "..." button and it goes away just another minor annoyance.

Update: I believe I caused this problem myself. I just went into settings and remembered I fiddled around in there.

This fixed it: Settings ->Language & input->Current Keyboad->hardware keyboard slider.

When I go in there now it does not show it but I promise I was not seeign things. All is well now. I need to stop messing with the keyboard settings now :confused:

Last edited:

atg284

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
This is not a bug per se but I have noticed that I am not getting wireless internet speeds that I should be. I have tried this on wireless N and AC. The closer I get to my router the faster it gets. Wondering if it has to do with the all metal back. The tablet is still speedign feeling though. I just happened to notice it when running speed tests. I have cross referanced this with a desktop, tablet and phone. All get fasters speeds at the same distance.

Has anyone experienced this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC