USB transfer to Pixel C

Ad Bosch

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
I expected to be able to transfer some large data (movies, photos, music) other than otg after the latest update. Still not possible through USB with (Google bought) adapter cable (old usb2typeC). But it requires me to format my stick or card, which erases my data. Anyone another solution to loading large files to the Pixel C through its type C socket?

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
The best method will probably either do a push to the tablet with something like Airdroid, or pull the files down from your other system with something like ES File Explorer. Either way avoid the wires and use wireless. Most likely it will be just as fast if you have a AC network.

Personally I prefer to use ES File Explorer and pull data down to my tab. I can't remember the last time I actually attached my phone or tab to a computer to pull data across. It has always been to simply do software updates.

Posted via the Android Central App on my Pixel C

Ad Bosch

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
I bought a dual type usb stick. Works right out of the box on my Pixel C, no formatting and ES Explorer also sees and uses it.
My PC asks if it should correct when inserted. I didn't let it and continued; it works.
Great.

Posted via the Android Central App

DotDodd

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
I was able to use the USB-A to USB-C cable that came with my Nexus 6P to transfer some movies to my Pixel C no problem. But normally I just use ES File Explorer to transfer files via FTP. The movies were an average of about 2GB and a total of 8 movies.

LinuxWeather

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I have a network share on my wireless router than I can browse using ES and then copy to my Pixel C if needed, and transfer from if needed.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith