Pixel C, ipad Pro, or Surface Pro 4

Byrese

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
I'm moving on from my SP3. I've been looking at all 3 devices in the title of these posts. Though not perfect the SP3 was an able laptop replacement. I'm looking to for an able productivity machine but one that it better that consumption than the SP3. Is the pixel c a good pic? Will it satisfy my needs from a productivity standpointb ( writing, pdf, email, etc.)?

RichBrown68

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I have a Surface Pro 4 and still bought the pixel C. I love them both. The Surface Pro 4 stays in my home office, while the pixel C stays in my bedroom.

Posted via the Android Central App

WClark57

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Whats missing is any discussion of what you would use it for. I use a SP4 as my desktop at work and it is nice, but hand feel is a little rough, so I doubt I'd like it as a tablet. So are you looking for something with which to consume the internet with a little office-like work on the side? The Pixel C with the keyboard would be a good choice. Flip that around and perhaps the SP3 would be a good choice.

kf6gpe

May 10, 2016
Visit site
I've got an SP3, a Pixel C, and an iPad Pro, thanks to doing a lot of tech writing and tech editing. The SP3 is my go-to device at home --- it's set up on my desk, and is essentially my "PC". (We have a family PC, too, but I seem to only use that for booking flights to my inlaw's house. Go figure.) Increasingly, the SP3 is used less and less away from its desk --- I used it a lot as a tablet when I first got it, but the Pixel C has replaced it for that.

Since getting the Pixel C, the iPad Pro is pretty much unused. Part of it is size --- the Pro is the 12.7" model, and while I loved it when I got it, it's just so darn big. But for using Google apps like Docs, Sheets, and Gmail, the Pixel just plain works better, too. I've had good luck with all the Microsoft apps except OneNote, which doesn't work on Android N, which is what I'm running on the Pixel C.

At work, I tend to carry the Pixel C to meetings, even though work issues nice MacBook Pros to developers. I find I don't code in meetings, just take notes, and the Pixel C is fine for that, email, and HipChat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37