Just got a new Pixel C tablet. It's great. Very responsive and functional. However, screenshot does not work. Instructions say hold volume and power buttons. And that worked once, but I could not repeat it. Whatever I do it either pops up the power menu or changes the volume. I think I managed to get two screenshots out of 100 tries.

Did I forget to say "expecto patronum" or something? What's the trick? Sure do wish they would just make it work by holding down the switch apps button like previous things. That always worked on my previous tablet.
    11-05-2016 09:12 PM
    Mod note. Thread moved to the Pixel C forum for more visibility.
    11-05-2016 09:20 PM
    Just got a new Pixel C tablet. It's great. Very responsive and functional. However, screenshot does not work. Instructions say hold volume and power buttons. And that worked once, but I could not repeat it. Whatever I do it either pops up the power menu or changes the volume. I think I managed to get two screenshots out of 100 tries.

Did I forget to say "expecto patronum" or something? What's the trick? Sure do wish they would just make it work by holding down the switch apps button like previous things. That always worked on my previous tablet.
    You have to press and hold the power and vol down at the same time. If there is a delay on either button it won't work.
    11-07-2016 09:17 AM
    You have to press and hold the power and vol down at the same time. If there is a delay on either button it won't work.
    With emphasis on hold.
    11-07-2016 09:36 AM
    With emphasis on hold.
    Yes. I use it very often and can confirm it works just fine.
    11-07-2016 03:08 PM
    Well good for you. YES I FRFEAKING KNOW - HOLD

So it works for some of you. Great. Let's hear from the others of us for whom this does not work. Surely I'm not alone. Hardware problem? Software problem. After over 100 times trying to learn to use those two buttons to do it. And no point in HOLDING once the volume bar or the power off confirm has appeared. And that's what happens every time.

BTW. Is there a problem that you can't take them too quickly? I need to take screenshots a second or two apart. If there's a 30 second delay since the last time I tried it that would cause what I'm seeing. It works, then never works again as I try it.

HAND - have a nice day
    11-07-2016 10:36 PM
    I know it doesn't help the issue with the buttons but if you hold the home O button then you can share a screenshot with the Screen Search (formerly Now on Tap) menu that pops up. Just share it to Photos. A work around for now until you get sorted.
    11-08-2016 02:12 AM
    Sorry it's not working...but it's not a problem with the device.
    Attached Thumbnails Can't take screenshot on Pixel C-15961.jpg  
    11-08-2016 06:44 PM
    Well good for you. YES I FRFEAKING KNOW - HOLD

So it works for some of you. Great. Let's hear from the others of us for whom this does not work. Surely I'm not alone. Hardware problem? Software problem. After over 100 times trying to learn to use those two buttons to do it. And no point in HOLDING once the volume bar or the power off confirm has appeared. And that's what happens every time.

BTW. Is there a problem that you can't take them too quickly? I need to take screenshots a second or two apart. If there's a 30 second delay since the last time I tried it that would cause what I'm seeing. It works, then never works again as I try it.

HAND - have a nice day
    Here is a hint. Don't shout at those who are trying to help.
    11-10-2016 09:34 AM
    It works for me.
    11-19-2016 02:37 AM
    The OP might be holding the tablet upside down... If I recall correctly, the screen orientation flips but it doesn't reorient volume up/down.
    12-23-2016 03:17 PM
    The OP might be holding the tablet upside down... If I recall correctly, the screen orientation flips but it doesn't reorient volume up/down.
    A possibility. Make sure the power button is on the top left side.
    12-23-2016 04:27 PM
    Here's a thing. The power button is an on/off button. But the volume bar is an up/down button. It has at least two positions - "volume up" and "volume down". It may have a third position which is "press in the exact center".

I had a play with grabbing a screenshot. My first attempt worked. Subsequent attempts failed, and I realized I was pressing on one end of the volume bar. So I moved my finger closer to the center of the volume bar and the next attempt worked. I haven't done enough experimenting, but it may be that you need to press on the "volume up" end of the volume bar, or possible directly in the middle of it, for the screenshot to work.
    12-26-2016 11:07 PM
    Here's a thing. The power button is an on/off button. But the volume bar is an up/down button. It has at least two positions - "volume up" and "volume down". It may have a third position which is "press in the exact center".

I had a play with grabbing a screenshot. My first attempt worked. Subsequent attempts failed, and I realized I was pressing on one end of the volume bar. So I moved my finger closer to the center of the volume bar and the next attempt worked. I haven't done enough experimenting, but it may be that you need to press on the "volume up" end of the volume bar, or possible directly in the middle of it, for the screenshot to work.
    Works when pressed vol down position.
    12-26-2016 11:16 PM