Why is it still so expensive

WClark57

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
I haven't had the hard top, for me the folio seemed better, but you might want to consider the following:

1. Some folks have not liked the sliding and pulling method of separating the hard top, or the thickness involved when it is attached to the back of the Pixel C. I think the folio is a bit less thick and less likely to be set aside and forgotten about.
2. I think with the hard top you get to set the angle you prefer, with the folio you have some options with regard to the angle, but some may find neither ideal and so may prefer the hard top.
3. Obviously the hard top is more resilient and less susceptible to the ravages of daily life. The folio having a soft inner face and leather outer face requires you take more care with it, and limits what can be used to keep it looking nice--though the leather may well wear better over time.

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
How so. I've never had an issue.

In the early days it used to do multiple letters at times when I only pressed once. This seems to have been resolved with updates but I still get far too many double or treble spaces when I press the space bar for it to be reliable enough to be useful. I only really use it as a stand now.

May 3, 2015
Visit site
In the early days it used to do multiple letters at times when I only pressed once. This seems to have been resolved with updates but I still get far too many double or treble spaces when I press the space bar for it to be reliable enough to be useful. I only really use it as a stand now.

Maybe you got a bad one. I've not had any of these issues.

draztikrhymez

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
The magnetic non folio keyboard is the best I've ever used but sometimes I honesty never use it. Google keyboard with swipe can be better and quicker.

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Maybe you got a bad one. I've not had any of these issues.

I must try a factory reset of all again and see. Maybe the space bar has a physical fault but I did have the issue with letter keys too and software updates (the first Nougat dev updates) fixed those. Fingers crossed, I do like the feel of it when I am using it for light stuff like forums as they seem to edit out double spaces anyway.

Icegoddess

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
A couple of questions. I'm just in the research mode in case rooting my Samsung Note 10.1 to update the ROM doesn't work.
Where do you buy the Pixel C and how do you find out about discounts?
This is the first hearing about a different keyboard. Where can I find out more/see this other keyboard?
Does the Pixel C come in a WiFi-only version? I don't need data.

Thanks

oddstray

Dec 27, 2016
Visit site
A couple of questions. I'm just in the research mode in case rooting my Samsung Note 10.1 to update the ROM doesn't work.
Where do you buy the Pixel C and how do you find out about discounts?
This is the first hearing about a different keyboard. Where can I find out more/see this other keyboard?
Does the Pixel C come in a WiFi-only version? I don't need data.

Thanks

I bought my Pixel C recently to replace an old Nexus 9.

Bought it from the Google store. Amazon showed it available, but at no lower price and more confusing circumstances (wasn't sure where they were getting theirs). Since there was no price advantage, why not go direct to the source.

The Google store shows two keyboards, one of which was never available during the four-ish months I was considering the purchase.

No discounts. Not even over black Friday or cyber Monday or Christmas or anything.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
As an android gadget junky, I've long wanted a pixel C. But a year from launch its still pretty expensive....and no micro sd slot or any expandable storage, its painful. So the pixel c at nearly $700 has to go back....Any rumors on a tablet refresh from google? Or are they getting out of the tablet side to focus on andromeda devices?

Mr Mobile actually did a really nice review not too long ago about the Pixel C. He definitely has some praise for the laptop including the very nice multi talking split screen and the nice magnetic hinge that you can use with the keyboard. (which is kind of required with the tablet so it pushes the price up another $100). I think for the price we pay, we should at least get a MicroSD card slot and 64GB base.

I would have to agree with that @maclancer said below, it almost looks like Google is trying to be the Apple equivalent of premium but with Android. Even the next version of the Goolge Pixel is said to be getting a price bump.

To me, i still really want a Pixel C :D but ill definitely be waiting for some sort of sale this year and then pick one up :)

Google is just trying hard to be another Apple computer in the pricing level.

maclancer

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
I would have to agree with that @maclancer said below, it almost looks like Google is trying to be the Apple equivalent of premium but with Android. Even the next version of the Goolge Pixel is said to be getting a price bump.

To me, i still really want a Pixel C :D but ill definitely be waiting for some sort of sale this year and then pick one up :)
Definitely, this device has been out in the market for a long time and still have same price. I don't know if it's because they only have one model available or it is because Google want to keep it expensive.

Icegoddess

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I bought my Pixel C recently to replace an old Nexus 9.

Bought it from the Google store. Amazon showed it available, but at no lower price and more confusing circumstances (wasn't sure where they were getting theirs). Since there was no price advantage, why not go direct to the source.

The Google store shows two keyboards, one of which was never available during the four-ish months I was considering the purchase.

No discounts. Not even over black Friday or cyber Monday or Christmas or anything.

Thanks for the info. Got my Note 10 rooted and Marshmallow on it, so I get to wait on getting something new.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress