We all know Google's plan of 2 years of OS updates after the device is last sold new and 3 years of monthly security updates. Considering the Pixel-C is still being sold as new, is it safe to assume that it'll get at least Android Q and then updates for another year after?

I'm in need of a new tablet, need a 10" device (or close). The Pixel-C or other Google device is the only one I'll consider due to the update situation but I'm concerned about buying one nearly 18 months after it was first released and only getting one more major OS update and only 18 more months of security patches.

Thoughts?
    04-12-2017 07:42 PM
    We all know Google's plan of 2 years of OS updates after the device is last sold new and 3 years of monthly security updates. Considering the Pixel-C is still being sold as new, is it safe to assume that it'll get at least Android Q and then updates for another year after?

I'm in need of a new tablet, need a 10" device (or close). The Pixel-C or other Google device is the only one I'll consider due to the update situation but I'm concerned about buying one nearly 18 months after it was first released and only getting one more major OS update and only 18 more months of security patches.

Thoughts?
    I never read it as "last sold new". I always thought it was initial launch.
    04-12-2017 08:34 PM
    I never read it as "last sold new". I always thought it was initial launch.
    You are right, I misread something along the line. I guess I wait for whatever replaces this tablet...
    04-12-2017 10:29 PM