Is the pixel c still worth buying

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Yes, still the only high end Android tablet worth buying. The only other reasonable choice (outside of the Fire series) is the NVIDIA Shield Tablet K1.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Agreed. Can it be used as a laptop for travel, I've tried Chromebooks but didn't like them and I have an iPad pro.

I've been using a Pixel C as a laptop alternative for school and business trips for about a year and a half. Works really well.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Not when the galaxy tab S3 exists..thats the best android tablet available period currently....
Completely disagree. Behind on software, behind on security, doesn't have the NVIDIA X1 SoC, hardware buttons that shouldn't exist and their facing the wrong way and in the wrong order, no guaranteed updates, etc.

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Completely disagree. Behind on software, behind on security, doesn't have the NVIDIA X1 SoC, hardware buttons that shouldn't exist and their facing the wrong way and in the wrong order, no guaranteed updates, etc.
No one wants the Nvidia X1 SOC, it performs worst than the snapdragon 820 in the tab S3. The galaxy tab S3 is the best android tablet available currently; thats no question. You can check reviews to verify this. With all of the hardware defects and horrible wifi of the Pixel C, the tablet can't even be properly defended. It was a waste of a device and a waste of time for most users.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Neither have buttons on the bottom middle, but the tab s3 has them upside down (backwards) and on one side, in a place where your hands would never be while using it with a keyboard.