Who is getting one?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Anyone here getting a PS4? I have one preordered but on the fence at the moment.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Anyone here getting a PS4? I have one preordered but on the fence at the moment.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4
It's a great looking console. As much as I'd love to get one, I'll likely be getting the new Xbox sometime in the distant future when price drops start occurring.

Fable

Android Rules
Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
Im a little late to the me too party - but I just realized this section existed!

I'm all paid up on my PS4 for Launch and will probably pick up a XBOX One next year sometime depending on how their lineup works. I was a XBOX 360 loyalist but a PS2 Underground type before that. My issue currently with the XBOX One is that the majority of its titles are already available on my PC and I do a lot of PC gaming online already.

ttwiitch

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
all set up for a ps4. switching from my Xbox 360. Xbone is out of the question..... paying $100 more for a camera and a machine that is struggling getting games to play at above 720p. Pure BS

Sent from my SPH-L710

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
all set up for a ps4. switching from my Xbox 360. Xbone is out of the question..... paying $100 more for a camera and a machine that is struggling getting games to play at above 720p. Pure BS

Sent from my SPH-L710

All while Call of Duty Ghosts is running at 1080p and struggling to maintain a solid 60 FPS in SP according to Polygon. And that 720p issue is Infinity Wards fault because Forza hit the 1080p mark. Drive Club is struggling to get above 30 FPS so it was delayed.

Both systems will be nearly identical in the end. Just depends on games.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk

Last edited:

shaytoon21

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
preordered mine, will arrive tomorrow. the only games i have for the time being are cod ghosts (bought prestine edition) and knack, which i rented just to check it out, it doesnt seem like a game to buy but to only see the visuals. cod should be interesting bc im hearing a lot of mixed reviews, more on the negative side. i mean it is IW's first cod post MW so this is a new story/series theyll have to follow up with.

i dont really care to bash systems as ive been a loyal PS fan from the very beginning and have never cared for xbox. yes, i have played their games just to claim i had hands on experience but it just didnt cut it for me. sony always had the edge on consoles as ms just trolled right in with a cash cow with inferior specs. :)

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
preordered mine, will arrive tomorrow. the only games i have for the time being are cod ghosts (bought prestine edition) and knack, which i rented just to check it out, it doesnt seem like a game to buy but to only see the visuals. cod should be interesting bc im hearing a lot of mixed reviews, more on the negative side. i mean it is IW's first cod post MW so this is a new story/series theyll have to follow up with.

i dont really care to bash systems as ive been a loyal PS fan from the very beginning and have never cared for xbox. yes, i have played their games just to claim i had hands on experience but it just didnt cut it for me. sony always had the edge on consoles as ms just trolled right in with a cash cow with inferior specs. :)

The issue with Ghosts is that its not made by Infinity Ward. Yes, the company name exists but everything by Infinity Ward post Modern Warfare 2 is a whole new company. The real Infinity Ward is now Respawn Games and Titanfall is their first project for Xbox One, 360 and PC. But many reviewers did enjoy the campaign for Ghost so I have hope after all.

shaytoon21

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
ur right, i forgot the original team left over some nonsense. regardless, its just another game to have fun with. no game is really original at this point since theyre all just copy/paste versions of one another.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
ur right, i forgot the original team left over some nonsense. regardless, its just another game to have fun with. no game is really original at this point since theyre all just copy/paste versions of one another.

Activision wouldn't pay them their bonuses so they left and formed their own studio. They sued Activision and won and are making s better game now. Gamers have played it already and the majority are saying it's the best FPS in a long time and everything else beforehand is a stop gap to it arriving. It is sort of original because their mixing mechs (Titans) with soldiers and making it fair. Running against walls and climbing buildings without ever stopping adds to the excitement.

Either way though games are for entertainment and we should all focus on that.

shaytoon21

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
what developers should really do is reboot the original mechwarrior 2000 from PC. wow. the best mech game i have ever played. i have yet to play anything close to that. from visuals, to control, to customization, story, just everything about that game was fantastic. and if i remember correctly, it was activision that released it.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
what developers should really do is reboot the original mechwarrior 2000 from PC. wow. the best mech game i have ever played. i have yet to play anything close to that. from visuals, to control, to customization, story, just everything about that game was fantastic. and if i remember correctly, it was activision that released it.

Activision would be the Publisher of true. Currently Microsoft Game Studios owns the rights to MechWarrior so if you see a new one ever it'll likely be Xbox One and PC.

shaytoon21

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
thats a shame, such a great game.

another game (or 2) they can reboot which i would buy in a heart beat would be toe jam and earl and zombies ate my neighbors.

(im going to be hated for saying this) the movie industry is so busy pumping out remakes left and right, the video game industry should follow that similar trend...

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
thats a shame, such a great game.

another game (or 2) they can reboot which i would buy in a heart beat would be toe jam and earl and zombies ate my neighbors.

(im going to be hated for saying this) the movie industry is so busy pumping out remakes left and right, the video game industry should follow that similar trend...

No, do not remake a game. It always ends up as a disaster. A reboot is fine such as Tomb Raider as that did well but no direct remakes.

I'll have my Xbox One on the 22nd with Forza, Call of Duty, Battlefield and Killer Instinct.

shaytoon21

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
so i havent been able to stop playing the ps4 since friday evening. all i can say is WOW. wow. WOW. graphics are beyond amazing. this is truly next gen. i went to my friends house before i could unbox mine because he bought one too so we wanted to do a cod marathon. when i got there, he was playing killzone and daaaamn those were the nicest graphics ever. killzone has always had the best way to introduce what graphics really look like on a console. i knew then that was just the beginning of the ps4's greatness. after he played a little bit, we popped in cod. not as clean and great as killzone (graphic wise) but still very smooth and nice, it is the best looking cod to date. we were very disappointed to see that local multiplayer is now only 2 players. so if you have friends over, you can only play one on one, its no longer 4 player matchup. why they went that route? no idea. so we played online multiplayer and that was really fun. i can honestly say this was the smoothest cod online i have ever played on first day release without one single game hiccup. activisions (or iw's) choice to finally have dedicated servers finally worked out. when i got home friday night, i played a little bit more and then most of saturday/sunday. not one single issue. anyone telling you otherwise is full of it. i am very satisfied with the ps4 and the greatness to come as well as the games i have for now. i played knack for a few hrs and got over it real quickly, the graphics were very clean but i just didnt like the game, i couldnt get into it, a bit childish, i can understand if that game was intentionally set for day one release to entice children. nice move on sonys side. the ps4 is going to do amazingly well. anyone hating on it for any reason is just ignorant or jealous. cant wait for future games

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I still feel like CoD Ghosts is the worst in franchise history. Black Ops 2 was bad enough but the map design in Ghosts is awful. But to each their own but Infinity Ward is filled with very little talent now a days and having 2 other developers involved (Neversoft and Raven) sure doesn't help.

I want to go home now so I can play PS4. :(

shaytoon21

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
ghosts was the shortest campaign i have ever played for cod (mind you i always play them on veteran) so the fact (minor spoiler alert) that they are making a sequal to it, we can only hope that in the next 2 years they will make something a lot more creative/better. as fun as MP is, the maps really are huge, thats great for domination which has at least 18 people, not sure if this has it, i didnt check as i only play team DM or free for all. one thing i cannot stand about any of these war games (not just cod, but ALL of them) is the AI support you get SUCKS and i hate how they wont progres until only YOU kill the baddies.

anyways. this is the only game thats taking up my time, i downloaded contrast and resogun since theyre free on PS+ and theyre ok, resogun has really sick graphics but i couldnt get into it. contrast was ok, story was whatever, gameplay was not bad at all. im going to be playing the new zelda this weekend so once i return that, i will put need for speed in my queue and just kill my time from there until we see what the next few months bring. honestly, i dont know what the hype for watch dogs is, it looks like a polished version of deus ex. what im really looking forward to is destiny, thief (i hope its not like dishonored), the order, and FF XV! cant wait for spring :)

shaytoon21

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
btw, i only have one single complaint about the ps4 which im sure most people will agree....i CANNOT stand the options button because its so flush. i always have a hard time wondering if my finger is over it or not. the only way i tell if im too much over is when my finger touches the touchpad. its a minor complaint and ive always loved the playstation controllers, i mean i love this one too but its just that one button that sucks.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
btw, i only have one single complaint about the ps4 which im sure most people will agree....i CANNOT stand the options button because its so flush. i always have a hard time wondering if my finger is over it or not. the only way i tell if im too much over is when my finger touches the touchpad. its a minor complaint and ive always loved the playstation controllers, i mean i love this one too but its just that one button that sucks.

The button is designed poorly. I prefer the Xbox One controller but when I do play PS4 this annoys me to no end.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dawsonnathalie