Who is getting one?

jrb363

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I know folks tend to ignore this side of the forums, but I'll be getting one this Christmas (2014) and I can't wait! Very very excited! :D

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I know folks tend to ignore this side of the forums, but I'll be getting one this Christmas (2014) and I can't wait! Very very excited! :D

Nice, definitely the better console. Sadly, not the better controller in my opinion. :(

You got a long way to go though! Countdown to December.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Is the PS3 just as good as a PS4 for driving simulators, specifically GT6 and F1 2013+ on a 42" 1080p Panasonic Plasma. That's all I would want it for.

Last edited:

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Is the PS3 just as good as a PS4 for driving simulators, specifically GT6 and F1 2013+ on a 42" 1080p Panasonic Plasma. That's all I would want it for.

Gran Turismo 6 was slightly better than GT5 but not by much. Considering GT5 was a mediocre game, not just in my opinion but all my racing buddies, I'd say stay away.

If you're able to go next generation and since you love racing games, get an Xbox One. Forza is far better than Gran Turismo and F1 is coming soon. Project Cars, which is the best and only real racing simulator on consoles, is so much fun and highly recommended. You sound a lot like me because I could live without shooters and such. Just give me good racing sims and NHL.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Gran Turismo 6 was slightly better than GT5 but not by much. Considering GT5 was a mediocre game, not just in my opinion but all my racing buddies, I'd say stay away.

If you're able to go next generation and since you love racing games, get an Xbox One. Forza is far better than Gran Turismo and F1 is coming soon. Project Cars, which is the best and only real racing simulator on consoles, is so much fun and highly recommended. You sound a lot like me because I could live without shooters and such. Just give me good racing sims and NHL.

Thanks a bunch.

I had been told Forza was good, but I didn't want to lose the other two.

Have to admit I hadn't seen Prpject Cars. I will have to look in to X -Box One then.

I got my fingers and nervous system attuned to the PS controller and apparently it's still the better of the two but it may not make a difference.

I read F1 2013 was good with some historic stuff thrown in, and real engines. Otherwise F1 for real has lost appeal for me with the cars and anaesthetised circuits, but I would give one a go.

GT4, and I read 5/6 never had great racing AI but if I could have great single car drives at the Nordschleiffe, Le Mans and others, like GT4, I would be happy.

I should look at US racing too. Maybe soccer and NHL.

They had a few years of good rally sims on PS2, and great TOCA (touring car) sims - but I could never get past the Truck racing license in TOCA 3, it was a bug I'm sure, lol.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Thanks a bunch.

I had been told Forza was good, but I didn't want to lose the other two.

Have to admit I hadn't seen Prpject Cars. I will have to look in to X -Box One then.

I got my fingers and nervous system attuned to the PS controller and apparently it's still the better of the two but it may not make a difference.

I read F1 2013 was good with some historic stuff thrown in, and real engines. Otherwise F1 for real has lost appeal for me with the cars and anaesthetised circuits, but I would give one a go.

GT4, and I read 5/6 never had great racing AI but if I could have great single car drives at the Nordschleiffe, Le Mans and others, like GT4, I would be happy.

I should look at US racing too. Maybe soccer and NHL.

They had a few years of good rally sims on PS2, and great TOCA (touring car) sims - but I could never get past the Truck racing license in TOCA 3, it was a bug I'm sure, lol.

No problem.

The general opinion on Gran Turismo is that its been going downhill for years. Too many cars with PS2 grade models and no interiors. Forza has been the better console simulator for many years. F1 2015 is due on PS4 and Xbox One in either June or August and its supposed to be fully retuned and have updates for each race.

Project Cars is also on PS4 and Xbox One and is developed by Slightly Mad Studios. Look them up, they have racing in their blood. Project Cars, or PROJECT (Community Assisted Racing Simulator) was developed with the help of the community. Backers bought an early build on PC and helped the developers shape the game into the masterpiece that it is now. There's some quirks and glitches but the developers are on top of these and acknowledge them personally. I believe they also said there's a 4 year plan for the game including expansions.

As for the controller that's all preference. My friends used to love Xbox controllers but now prefer PS4 controllers. I play mostly racing games and IMO nothing beats the Xbox One controller because it has proper triggers. All opinion and comfort level though. :)

Last edited:

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
No problem.

The general opinion on Gran Turismo is that its been going downhill for years. Too many cars with PS2 grade models and no interiors. Forza has been the better console simulator for many years. F1 2015 is due on PS4 and Xbox One in either June or August and its supposed to be fully retuned and have updates for each race.

Project Cars is also on PS4 and Xbox One and is developed by Slightly Mad Studios. Look them up, they have racing in their blood. Project Cars, or PROJECT (Community Assisted Racing Simulator) was developed with the help of the community. Backers bought an early build on PC and helped the developers shape the game into the masterpiece that it is now. There's some quirks and glitches but the developers are on top of these and acknowledge them personally. I believe they also said there's a 4 year plan for the game including expansions.

As for the controller that's all preference. My friends used to love Xbox controllers but now prefer PS4 controllers. I play mostly racing games and IMO nothing beats the Xbox One controller because it has proper triggers. All opinion and comfort level though. :)
Very interesting. I had a quick Google for Project Cars, watched the first you tube vid, Amazon reviews, seems extremely good, the cars available, interiors yes, Nurburgring and other circuits. I will check out more on a pc.

I couldn't figure if this is the first version just released.

Food for thought. Great, thanks.

Slightly Mad Racing. Lol.
It has my name all over it literally and, well literally. Ask B. Diddy

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Very interesting. I had a quick Google for Project Cars, watched the first you tube vid, Amazon reviews, seems extremely good, the cars available, interiors yes, Nurburgring and other circuits. I will check out more on a pc.

I couldn't figure if this is the first version just released.

Food for thought. Great, thanks.

Slightly Mad Racing. Lol.
It has my name all over it literally and, well literally. Ask B. Diddy

Ah B.Diddy, that dude is a character haha.

Project Cars is in its retail version now FYI on case I wasn't clear. Best racing game I've ever played. Fully customizable from the views available (you can adjust how far from the car you see) to 10 difficulty levels. Here's food for thought:

Gran Turismo calls itself the Ultimate DRIVING Simulator.

Project Cars calls itself the Ultimate RACING Simulator.

You'll notice a difference later on. Project Cars is on PC if your rig can handle it too.

There's like 70+ variations of tracks and I believe 32-36 unique tracks. Suzuka is in the game although due to licensing its called Sakitto.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Ah B.Diddy, that dude is a character haha.

Project Cars is in its retail version now FYI on case I wasn't clear. Best racing game I've ever played. Fully customizable from the views available (you can adjust how far from the car you see) to 10 difficulty levels. Here's food for thought:

Gran Turismo calls itself the Ultimate DRIVING Simulator.

Project Cars calls itself the Ultimate RACING Simulator.

You'll notice a difference later on. Project Cars is on PC if your rig can handle it too.

There's like 70+ variations of tracks and I believe 32-36 unique tracks. Suzuka is in the game although due to licensing its called Sakitto.

Yes he is, great guy. They also named a long running NFL game series after me years and years ago.

Looks like a used PS3 won't do me much good. They hit the buffers with Gran Turismo for sure.
I'm gonna keep my PS2 no matter what.

Forza 5 looks really great too, they have a Nurburgring clip on the X-Box site.
I may need to re-arrange my spending priorities, or keep my Note 3 a bit longer.

Having a 12 year old mind in a 50 something body is not cheap! Lucky I haven't discovered women yet :D

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Yes he is, great guy. They also named a long running NFL game series after me years and years ago.

Looks like a used PS3 won't do me much good. They hit the buffers with Gran Turismo for sure.
I'm gonna keep my PS2 no matter what.

Forza 5 looks really great too, they have a Nurburgring clip on the X-Box site.
I may need to re-arrange my spending priorities, or keep my Note 3 a bit longer.

Having a 12 year old mind in a 50 something body is not cheap! Lucky I haven't discovered women yet :D

I'm 27 and know exactly how you feel. I'm like a kid in a candy store that wants new toys each time. It doesn't help when I take my car in for service and they give me a newer loaner car either. Haha

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad