Battlefield 4 on PS4

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Oh ok. I'm sure there will be a 1080p game soon that's actually worth playing. Still 60fps :D

Posted via Android Central App

Definitely. Battlefield 4 could run 1080p if they kept the 12 vs 12 at 30 FPS but we wanted 32 vs 32 with 60 FPS. I'll take the resolution decrease for that. :)

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Definitely. Battlefield 4 could run 1080p if they kept the 12 vs 12 at 30 FPS but we wanted 32 vs 32 with 60 FPS. I'll take the resolution decrease for that. :)

Damn you. Now you make me want to play it D:
I'm holding off on the PS4 until they sort out all of the issues they're having. Hopefully by the time I get it the price will have gone down ($400 is still a really good price)
GTA V should hold me for a few months. Have to enjoy playing online for free while I can :p

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site

Why not 64 players and 1080p at 60 FPS with ultra settings? I just don't see how it's next Gen if it can't easily handle 1080p, that's all.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Why not 64 players and 1080p at 60 FPS with ultra settings? I just don't see how it's next Gen if it can't easily handle 1080p, that's all.

Because even a PC from a couple years ago that costs nearly as much for the graphics card alone can not handle Ultra with Battlefield 4. How do we expect a $500 or $400 console to? Consoles will always be behind PC but the term next gen refers to consoles not all hardware.

9yga6u2a.jpg

My PC runs an i7 3930K with Radeon 6970, 16 GB Ram. The processor is strong enough for Ultra on everything but due to the new engine for Battlefield I lower a few things to High.

ttwiitch

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
All you guys are listing issues that are more personal than real. Also, bf4 runs at 900p on ps4 upscaled to 1080p, while Xbone is 720p then upscaled. Every game on ps4 runs at 1080p natively except bf4....why u ask? Because Dice was not going to lift an uproar on Xbone if there was so much discrepancy. In other words, Xbone held the full potential of bf4 on PS4, back.

If you want bf3 controls, switch to veteran and legacy southpaw (its what I use)

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
All you guys are listing issues that are more personal than real. Also, bf4 runs at 900p on ps4 upscaled to 1080p, while Xbone is 720p then upscaled. Every game on ps4 runs at 1080p natively except bf4....why u ask? Because Dice was not going to lift an uproar on Xbone if there was so much discrepancy. In other words, Xbone held the full potential of bf4 on PS4, back.

If you want bf3 controls, switch to veteran and legacy southpaw (its what I use)

Eh, I'm not sure either console could run BF4 at native 1080p. This isn't CoD on an outdated engine we are talking here. This is Frostbite 3 and in its full glory is demanding on even some high end PCs.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

ttwiitch

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Eh, I'm not sure either console could run BF4 at native 1080p. This isn't CoD on an outdated engine we are talking here. This is Frostbite 3 and in its full glory is demanding on even some high end PCs.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

No one said native on either console. Never the less, still runs and looks better on PS4.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
No one said native on either console. Never the less, still runs and looks better on PS4.

I don't even think Battlefield 4 runs at 1080p upscaled. I believe it's 900p if I'm not mistaken but none of that really matters. I'm sure the PS4 version looks slightly better but not enough for me to play my multiplayer games on the PSN.

ttwiitch

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I don't even think Battlefield 4 runs at 1080p upscaled. I believe it's 900p if I'm not mistaken but none of that really matters. I'm sure the PS4 version looks slightly better but not enough for me to play my multiplayer games on the PSN.

Yea it runs 1080p upscaled for both.
That I know for sure.

HawaiianLaker

May 12, 2010
Visit site
The mechanics and stuff might be different than the beta but I hate the new controller scheme. Feels like CoD's controls now.
They also ruined my favorite thing about BF, sniping; and the heli doesn't fly as good as it used to :(

Sniping is better IMO, you can scale now with scopes and sights to compensate so you dont, as far as bullet drop goes. controls you just need to change them. veteran is what i use.

HawaiianLaker

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Not for me. I hate that you can't check the scoreboard with select and that you lose all the bullets left in the mag when reloading :(

there isnt a selet button but if you press and hold the options button it will bring up the scorceboard just like bf3

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Sniping is better IMO, you can scale now with scopes and sights to compensate so you dont, as far as bullet drop goes. controls you just need to change them. veteran is what i use.
That takes the fun out of the sniping. You had to be skilled to know how high to aim, I had over 11,000 kills with the JNG-90 in BF3 (Around #40 now but I was at 25 in the world at one point) and if I was ever more than 300 meters out from another sniper I'd never lose since they weren't good enough to compensate for the drop XD
Now people get headshots like it's nobody's business
The vapor trail thing still sucks...

HawaiianLaker

May 12, 2010
Visit site
That takes the fun out of the sniping. You had to be skilled to know how high to aim, I had over 11,000 kills with the JNG-90 in BF3 (Around #40 now but I was at 25 in the world at one point) and if I was ever more than 300 meters out from another sniper I'd never lose since they weren't good enough to compensate for the drop XD
Now people get headshots like it's nobody's business
The vapor trail thing still sucks...

you dont have to use the metering, but it is there. although i dont think most people know about it, or maybe thats just people on PS4.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
you dont have to use the metering, but it is there. although i dont think most people know about it, or maybe thats just people on PS4.

I'm not sure if people use it or not but it seems like everyone is better at sniping now. I doubt it's because they actually improved :p

Drrrrroiidd

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
I thought the ps4 supported 1080p online? Just out of curiosity, but does anyone know for sure? I'm almost sure that I read that it was 1080. :-\ quite honestly I think its stunning either way. I had the ps3 and never had HD and once I got the ps4 my gaming life changed :-$

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane