Why is Pokemon Go crashing on my Samsung Tab 4?

A

AC Question

why is pokemon go crashing on my samsung tab 4?

every time i tap on the pokemon go app to load it, it loads to the gyradose screen and then from theyre loads halfway then crashes with a error message help please?

alerionx3

Jul 15, 2016
Visit site
I've got the exact same issue. After the loading screen, the map starts rendering for about 3-4 seconds (I can zoom in and out and rotate while that happens, so that means the app itself is not frozen). Then, after those 3-4 seconds it just shuts down without any warnings. Any help would be appreciated!

Using - Alcatel OneTouch Pixi 3 (7) Tablet

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Re: why is pokemon go crashing on my samsung tab 4?

Basically because it's buggy as hell and probably shouldn't have had a public launch yet.

Posted via the Android Central App

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
the newest version fixed the memory issue, so it runs on a tab 4, at least the seven inch.

with the exception that it loads and you can walk around and all that works but they also fixed the crashing when you click on a pokemon, but when they changed that , it started crashing on the tab 4 when you try to click a pokemon, too. when you try to access the items menu, it also crashes then, too. i would wait for the new update,it will probably fix it.

alicha21

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
Please help im so fed up.. when i want to download it by app store it saying my phone doesnt seport it. Then when i download it on google the apk folder then it goes in.. then when i choose my avatar...and i say its set then it freezes and say unfortunatly pokemon go has stoped working.. with just an option of ok not report.. please send me a link were i can download pokemon go that will work on my samsung galaxy tab 4 please

Or help me

moodless

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site
download the latest pokemon go apk elsewhere and not from playstore as it will always say this game is not compatible with the tab 4. i used the Pokémon GO 0.33.0 apk and it is currently working on my tab 4 and used it for about an hour without any crashes other than the initial startup with google account, but once you are way past that, everything else works great.. just turn off ARas the camera on the tab sucks..

shortbow123

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site

I had the same issue, I found a away around download bluestacks onto a windows PC, then download Pokemon GO on bluestacks login to the account you want to play on your tab 4, setup your account and log out. Head over to your tab 4 logon to the same account that was on bluestacks and pokemon GO will work! (If it still crashes make sure your tab 4 is not rooted!)

mrstolen

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
The blustaks method doesnt work for me....it keeps crashing when I try to catch a pokemon or when I try to open my bag...even the pokestops continue dark

Whitnie Luther

Aug 28, 2016
Visit site
im trying to get it to work on my sons tablet any fixes yet?

was this before the latest update or did you choose that specific one for a reason?

Last edited by a moderator:

L_Spilker

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site

Game started crashing on his Tab 4 after last update. If I install older version will I be forced to update?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463