LG Gpad 8 PoGo Crashing

TerribleTim68

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hoping maybe you guys can help me out here. I recently got a new LG Gpad 8. Pokemon Go is continually crashing on it, like to the point of every 30 seconds. My device is on AT&T. I can be walking along next to my wife, who's phone is also on AT&T (same plan) and her phone will work fine, no crashes. But my tablet simply will not last longer than 30 seconds before this app either force closes or just locks up making you have to force close it.

If anyone has some tips to get this thing working, I'd greatly appreciate it. I've already tried the "turn off AR, sound and music" deal. Still crashes nonstop. Interestingly enough, if AR is on, you can't even see the Pokemon on the screen. So I've had that off from the get-go.

TerribleTim68

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If AR is on the pokemon might be behind you and you have to turn to find it. If AR is off it's always in front.
I thought that may be the case, but if AR was on & the Pokemon was "behind" me there would be little arrows on the side of the screen indicating that he is off to the side. This was not the case.

Regardless, the issue at hand is the constant crashing. Even with AR off, the app crashes nonstop. That is what I need help with. The app crashes no matter what I'm doing. Even just sitting still not trying to catch or even track a Pokemon, the app will crash. It crashes on the map screen, it crashes if I'm viewing my "bag", it crashes no matter what I'm doing. I could care less about AR working, I just want to know how to make it stop crashing every 20-30 seconds.

ScottMGS

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I thought that may be the case, but if AR was on & the Pokemon was "behind" me there would be little arrows on the side of the screen indicating that he is off to the side. This was not the case.

I don't remember seeing any arrows to indicate where it is.

Sorry, I can't help with the bigger problem.

LakashaNOR

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site
I am having same problem with LG Gpad v410. I have tried everything I can think of including factory reset. It will sometimes work for as long 5 minutes. Crashes 70% of the time in gyms. If I go into pokestop the GPS will stop updating and it will crash. Looking at my pokémon it will crash.

Pretty much anything I do it will crash randomly.

PCBeachMaster

Aug 28, 2016
Visit site
I have the same issue. This LG pad sucks. I wish I had more info other than to confirm you are not alone. My wife uses pokemon go on her iPad and never has an issue. IPads just work. Androids can do some cool things but they are squirrelly as all get out. I think this pad simply does not have enough processing power.