Pokemon GO Mythbuster: Eevee Evolution By Nickname

Jul 16, 2016
Visit site
Now I know a lot of people swear by this latest claim, but so did many others back when it was all about the "color of the nearest owned gym" and "eevee's movest" were the keys to triggering a specific evolution, so I decided to put it to the test.

donebrasko

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Did you get same one three times in a row? I had one of each and tried get a second Vaporeon, but got a second Jolteon. I tried again and got a second Flareon. I'll just let my next Eevee evolve on its own ...

No I got one of all three by naming them. I named one then backed out to the main pokemon screen where you walk around, then went back and evolved it. I did that for each one.

Alanhd

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
My first 2 evolved to what I had named them, I've yet to try number 3. Coincidence maybe but hey what have I got to lose by naming the 3rd.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I got a jolteon by naming it Sparky. So it worked for me. I'll try again when I find another high level Evee. I want a stronger Vaporeon lol

DenverRalphy

Retired Network Mod
May 11, 2010
Visit site
It works for me every time. But then I make it a point to completely close the game to verify that the names stuck.on the servers. I've evolved 7 Eevees now since learning the Easter egg, and haven't missed once. Random chance should have proven me wrong by now.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I just caught my first Eevee, so I'm going to just let it evolve and see what happens! Super excited to see who I'll get!

Posted via the Android Central App

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Sceptical as I was, I'm pretty certain niantic confirmed the name thing is legit at SDCC.

Posted via the Android Central App

Reikoji

Jul 31, 2016
Visit site
I heard t his was supposed to only work once on the account. guess that's wrong, and that is good since in the real game you do have a choice every time of what you want to make it via stones or waiting til the right time of day to evolve.