How am i supposed to power up/ evolve my Dratini, surely the only way isnt to find more dratini's?

Arcturia

Jul 30, 2016
Visit site
Title says all I think, as far as I know the only place I get candies to power up a certain Pokemon is to find more of that Pokemon, seems to me that I'm missing something because surely I'm not expected to find 5 more dratinis to power up my dratini 5 times or find 20 to evolve it. I'm guessing battles play a role in obtaining candy for Pokemon but I don't know that for sure.

Also seeing as my highest CP Pokemon is about 230, I have no chance in competing at Gyms, is there no other way for me to practice battling?

And one last thing, would anyone know why sometimes the distance counter on my incubators doesn't go up as I walk around, and it does sometimes when i'm cycling and sometimes it doesn't. Anyone know what's going on here? I've heard 20mph is the cut-off but I'm not going 20mph on a bike when trying to hatch my Pokemon.

Thanks.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Yup the only way to power up is with candy obtained from finding multiples.

As for the incubator, I've heard the cutoff is 15 mph, but it's important to remember that this game is buggy as hell.

Posted via the Android Central App

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Yup! Unfortunately, you have to keep catching the same species of Pokémon to power it up/evolve it.

My walking counter or GPS tracker often glitches, and sometimes I'll be waking and my avatar is pretty much spinning around. It can be quite annoying when you're trying to hatch an egg!

Good luck finding your Dratinis! I'm in the same boat with Magikarp; but at least he's not a rarity.

Posted via the Android Central App

DaHui623

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
My walking counter or GPS tracker often glitches, and sometimes I'll be waking and my avatar is pretty much spinning around. It can be quite annoying when you're trying to hatch an egg!

Also, I can often leave the app open on my desk at work and my avatar will wander around, especially if it has problems finding a gps signal. It's a good way to get a few extra km when you're doing nothing.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Also, I can often leave the app open on my desk at work and my avatar will wander around, especially if it has problems finding a gps signal. It's a good way to get a few extra km when you're doing nothing.

Hee hee, I like that trick! Sometimes that happens for me too, but unfortunately not often enough to get more km! :(

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Hee hee, I like that trick! Sometimes that happens for me too, but unfortunately not often enough to get more km! :(
The fan trick works perfectly! Duct tape your phone to a ceiling fan running on low and it just spins around and rack up the km until the egg hatches.

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
The fan trick works perfectly! Duct tape your phone to a ceiling fan running on low and it just spins around and rack up the km until the egg hatches.

You personally tried it? I saw a picture explaining it but thought it was a joke.