Why do some Pokémon repel Pokéballs?

mabelpines

Jul 29, 2016
Visit site
I’ve encountered a couple of Pokémon that sort of repel Pokéballs that I throw at them.

When I throw the ball it goes sort of sparkly with stars coming off it. It looks the way it does when you spin the ball around before throwing, basically. Instead of going straight at the Pokémon it will veer off either left or right (and no it is not just my terrible pitch).

I’ve noticed it a couple of times after tossing a Razzberry at a Pokémon. Has anyone else experienced this? Any idea why/how this happens?

ZKnowN

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
You are throwing a curve ball. Some pokemons at times taunt so if you throw a pokeball and it hits them when they are taunting then pokeball will simply bounce off them. So you should throw pokeball only when the circles appear and also right after they have taunted also don't forget to spin your ball that is throw a curve ball.
It has nothing to do with razzberry. Its just coincidence that it happend when you threw a razzberry

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Actually I've had this happen after throwing a razz berry & it annoyed me a lot. Doesn't seem to do it now after a few updates.

Posted via the Android Central App

imasiren

Apr 11, 2016
Visit site
Yeah it did it A LOT before the updates for me. I'm pretty sure I was throwing them right considering you gotta spin it for curve balls. I think it was a glitch though, I'd throw them straight and they'd just curve off.

mabelpines

Jul 29, 2016
Visit site
Exactly this! You just toss it right at them and it flies right off to the side.

Must admit I haven't actually noticed it over the weekend, updated on Friday I think, hopefully it's fixed!