New pokeballs aren't showing up in "items"

kathyathome

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Ran out of regular pokeballs, now have to use great balls for catching low-level pokemons. Each time I catch one I'm supposed to get 3 balls, right? They don't show up under "items" after catching several. The number of great balls is going down by how many I use, so I'm not getting greatballs or regular balls or any balls. I tried logging out of the game and back in, tried logging out of my google account and logging back in. Even after a half hour now I still show only great balls and the other special ball in my "items." My bag is not even close to being full. This has happened before, and the balls I get at the pokestops do show up, just not the ones I get from catching a critter. Only happens when I run out of regular balls. I haven't checked to see if the balls I get when I catch a critter are registering when I already have regular balls in my bag, but when I don't have any the 3 I'm supposed to get with each catch aren't showing up. Any ideas?

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
You don't get any kind of pokeballs from catching Pokemon. You can only get pokeballs, greatballs etc from pokestops or you can buy pokeballs from the shop. The only things you get from catching Pokemon is star dust, 3 candy for that Pokemon & experience points.

kathyathome

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Oh! All this time (I'm at level 22) I thought the ball with the 3 by it meant pokeballs - it means candies? Well don't I feel silly! Thanks for the nice answer. Some people might not have been able to resist a little sarcasm. I appreciate that you didn't, Lucy.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
That's ok, no problem but yeah it's candy but I can see why you thought it was pokeballs though. I'm also level 22. Oh forgot to mention you also get pokeballs from leveling up too.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Oh! All this time (I'm at level 22) I thought the ball with the 3 by it meant pokeballs - it means candies? Well don't I feel silly! Thanks for the nice answer. Some people might not have been able to resist a little sarcasm. I appreciate that you didn't, Lucy.

Hahaha! Well, you're not wrong. I definitely wouldn't have been able to resist the sarcasm.

Wish we did get 3 pokéballs for a catch though...