New Game Update: v0.43.3

wwwoodchuck

Aug 7, 2016
Visit site
I got notice that Pokemon Go updated last night. It shows v 0.43.3. I thought I had v 0.44.4 yesterday?

Couple things I noticed:
Eggs are different colors now. The spots on them seem to be Orange for 5k, Purple for 10k and I do not have any 2k.

Instead of wording what the different attacks are, they are now the symbol used in the medals. Also, the Main type is the symbol with wording under it. Example: Abra. When I go to check on the Pokemon, at the top where it used to say Psychic, there is a red circle with “Psychic” under it. For dual types, there are two symbols. For each attack there is a symbol then the attacks worded out. The order of the Pokemon specifics is also different. It used to be, from left to right: Type, Weight, Height. It is now: Weight, Type, Height. I think the font is a bit smaller and in bold now. Maybe I just have the faulty old memory kicking in on that. Maybe it was in bold before.

I had a Weedle run away and I got 25 XP when I exited the capture screen! I will have to see if it happens again. That would be nice to get something for at least throwing a ball at the little buggers as they usually escape and run.

Did anyone else get the update and notice anything else different?

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
It was 0.41.4 before the update.

Can't say I'm a big fan of the new look, seems they want to make it look more like the TCG...

itsmekalyan

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
also when you are in pokemon/pokedex /items /shop now you can pull donw the screen to close it, not sure if this already exist befor v43

wwwoodchuck

Aug 7, 2016
Visit site
That did not exist before the update. I have the updated version and a friend still did not get it. To open "Pokémon" or "Items" you could touch the Pokeball and swipe left or right and they would open, this was before the update. You could also open Pokedex and Shop by swiping and stopping about where the option buttons are on that screen.

The “Sign Out” button that was right over the progress bar, when first starting the app, is now smaller and on the upper right of the logging on screen.

When you first open a Pokémon, there is a bright white circle where it appears. It starts small and gets slightly larger before the Pokémon appears. Actually, sometimes it 'pulsates' a little if the Pokémon does not appear right away. But only on the first one of a species you open. Say I open an Abra. The first one will get the light. If I open second or third one they appear right away. If I then open an Aerodactyl, it has the white circle again. Second one not. If I go back to Abra, the Pokemon appears right away, no bright white ball. If I open an Alakazam, it appears right away. Then with Arbok, the circle appears again for the first one. Seems like a loading screen issue, not an enhancement. It only seems to happen when I open the first of a species (evolved or not) and not when I open an evolved form of that species.

I also had a new undocumented intermittent feature. I throw curve balls. When the ball reaches about its highest point on the arc on the right side of the capture screen, after throwing it, it freezes in mid-air. About 4 or 5 seconds go by and ZAM! The ball opens and the Pokemon is sucked UP into it! There is a really bright white flash too! The ball then falls to the ground and does the usual shake, rattle and roll. It happened 6 or 7 times this afternoon. None of the Pokemon I caught when this happened escaped from the ball. It didn’t happen with Weedles or anything that usually escapes at least once before running away though. Where I go to stock the bag is now an Oddish nest, so it happened to Oddish with CP of 734 to 845. Yes, big ones today but they all sucked. If the ball did not freeze, some did escape. My buddy with the older version was beside me catching the same critters. This did not happen to him on his… Moto G4, 6.0.1: P-GO v0.41.4. I use a Droid MAXX2, 6.0.1: P-GO v0.43.3.

What else… When you click on a critter, on the main screen, a blue circle appears around it with a narrow red circle around that. Looks to mean you have targeted it to bring to the capture screen. Does not happen in the older version.

I am sure there are other little tweeks that I missed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy