Tracking Updated?

MomoMilky

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Did anyone else see places near their homes with tracking updated? I just checked last night and I could see "nearby" and "sighting" pokemon now. Nearby = pokemon near pokestops (with a picture of the pokestop). Sightings = pokemon nearby (not at pokestops)

I'm guessing their slowly releasing more of the tracking features to different areas? I remember it was only available in the SF area.

wwwoodchuck

Aug 7, 2016
Visit site
We have no update here yet. I'm glad they might be rolling something out though! Even just a direction to go when something is on sightings would be nice. No stops anywhere around us so that part wouldn't help.

panzerghost

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Did anyone else see places near their homes with tracking updated? I just checked last night and I could see "nearby" and "sighting" pokemon now. Nearby = pokemon near pokestops (with a picture of the pokestop). Sightings = pokemon nearby (not at pokestops)

I'm guessing their slowly releasing more of the tracking features to different areas? I remember it was only available in the SF area.

Haven't noticed any update here either; what area are you in?

wwwoodchuck

Aug 7, 2016
Visit site
We just received the update in Wilmington, DE. No “Sightings” just “Nearby”. There is one pokestop within sight on screen, off in the distance. The only things showing up are the ones near the stop. We can no longer find if anything has spawned near us!!!!!

To see if anything did spawn that is not showing up, I went around the block to our spawn point. The only Pokemon on the popup were one Pidgie and one Rat. Caught 5 that never showed on what used to be sightings. For us, this is more than useless, it is detrimental to the game. We no longer even know if anything interesting has spawned near to us. Snorlax could be just out of my trainers range, and I would never even know now. Before, it would at least show up as being in the neighborhood.

Sorry for anyone else in our situation, living with no stops nearby. The game is now pretty much useless here. We have to travel to a place with more stops to even have a chance of finding anything without just blindly stumbling upon it. Hopefully there will be a push tonight to correct this. If not… I will wait 2 daays before I send a nice Thank you Niantic letter out.

MomoMilky

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
When it was first released, it had both Nearby and Sightings.

Now it only shows Nearby if it finds a pokestop in the area... I can't even see pokemon near me anymore (I don't live close to the pokestops). This latest update is horrible ;[

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I had the new tracking feature last night but noticed this morning it is gone again. Easy come...easy go.

wwwoodchuck

Aug 7, 2016
Visit site
I have found, with the new tracker:

If there is a pokestop nearby, it will show all the Mon around it. If there are three or less, you get three in a sightings under it. Never had more than three sightings if any showed at a stop. If there is no stop within range it will show up to 9 Pokemon, as before. I have never had 9 show, but had 7 one time so the bottom row is valid.

It does have some bugs, or maybe just the way it is supposed to work. I went Onix hunting with two phones. Many never showed up on the tracking, it is random which 9 appear. Some showed on one phone not the other. Some said “Pokemon ran” or something, indicating it had despawned. The other phone still had it selected and showed it as being there, and it was. It will also say Pokemon Ran if you go out of range of it, as in walking away from it. That is not a bug, just the range limitation.

The selected Pokemon appears as the first selection on the main screen, highlighted. It may or may not appear when you open the Nearby popup. This might mean there is a limit of how many can be stored on the nearby tracker. It is more than 9 because a selected one might not appear, but still be selected. Something like 12 maybe. So that some are tracked, but not showing. But there is a limit because one phone would say it ran away, but the other would still have it selected.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar