CP updates - Automatic

wwwoodchuck

Aug 7, 2016
Visit site
I noticed something strange when I went to battle a gym today. It appeared as some of my Pokemon were different. I went for a Gyrados and… The top dog had a CP over 3000. I didn’t remember it that high but shrugged it off to old age and faulty memory. I thought I left the top 5 just over 2500 because of hitting the wall. Then, I went to add my favorite Dragonite… It’s CP was 3270. Now I KNOW something is up. I left it at just over 3100 because I hit the wall and it was just too expensive to pump it up that little for that much dust and that many candies.

There is a list of Pokemon whose CP has gone down also. And... at the same time the cost to power them up has risen.

Candie and stardust costs for them have gone up for the updated Pokemon also. It is now very expensive to power them up. The dragonite is now 10 candies and 8000 dust. I do not remember it being that much.

Here is a link to an article about it. There is a link to a Silph road spreadsheet with all the changes. I have kept track of all mine on a spreadsheet so can verify how much each has changed. If anyone wants to know about a specific Pokemon approx. change let me know. I did not keep track of how much to power each one up though, sorry for that now.

‘Pokemon Go’ CP Changes: Which Pokemon Have More/Less CP? | Heavy.com

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
In my case its the other way around all of my pokemon's CP has dropped.

Certain popular Pokémon like Arcanine and Executor have been reduced... It's weird cause the list of Pokémon they've reduced or increased the CP of seems to be mostly random...

It's *almost* as if niantic don't really know what they're doing lol.

wwwoodchuck

Aug 7, 2016
Visit site
Yes, some down, some up. From the top of the bag:

Abra went up about ~93%. 347 to 672
Aerodactyl up ~20%. Example: 1272 to 1533
Alakazam up ~59%. Example: 1087 to 1734.
Arcanine down ~4.85%. Example: 2390 to 2274
Bellsprout down ~18.5%. Example: 831 to 680
Blastoise down ~10%. Example: 2307 to 2079

Then a shocker, we’ll have to see how the first evolve turns out.
Dragonite seems to be on a sliding scale. Two examples at each end of the range: 3146 to 3220, up 2.35%. 2448 to 2641, up 7.8%. The ones in-between range scaled accordingly. Although my population is actually either at the high end or the low end. If they evolved with steel wing, that is where they stayed. Dratini down ~13% across the board. Example: 723 Dratini is now a 629 Dratini; A 569 Dratini is now a 495 Dratini.

I would have expected 723 to evolve to a ~2675 Dragonite, using figures from 12 evolves. Now the 629 Dratini will evolve into a ~2327 Dragonite? Or will the multiplier (~3.7) be modified also? I guess my first evolve will tell!

wwwoodchuck

Aug 7, 2016
Visit site
One other thing. I went and checked a gym just now that had a Dragonite of mine in it. The CP of it, in the gym, is the old CP. It is showing the updated CP in my bag. I guess it will stay that way until it is kicked out? Perhaps they will kick everyone out of gyms to update their Pokemon? Or maybe Niantic didn’t work that one out … yet. I only remember where two specific Pokemon are that are in gyms. I will check on the other one tomorrow.

wwwoodchuck

Aug 7, 2016
Visit site
Folks are going to have to get used to some new powerhouse Pokemon. I did some battling today. The update gave some a mighty big increase in attack and/or defense. It did downgrade some, but not as much as the increases. I must say, that some were due.