Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By duanedude1
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Supreme Court ruling!

"@cnnbrk: Supreme Court ruling upholding health care law was 5-4 decision. http://t.co/99U629Cp"

from Evo4GLTE on Android Central
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,930 Global Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

Default Re: Supreme Court ruling!

Yeah. As a tax, which is somewhat confounding. But meh.

I'd say it was a pretty good decision, all things considered. Healthcare needs reform, and this legislation was a step in the right direction.
    Thanked by:

The Supreme Court ruled the government can't make you buy insurance, but can make you pay a tax if you don't.

In other news, they ruled that they can't make you buy Android, but can give you dirty looks if you don't.
    Vzn Samsung Galaxy S-III "The Locked Edition" Jelly Bean w/Butta!
    Former Palm Treo/Centro/Pre+/Pre2 user.
    dmmarck likes this.

It's a shame that "Life Liberty and the PURSUIT of Happiness has been replaced by

Life Liberty and I'm Entitled to happiness by setting idly by and freeloading off the backs of those who have achieved it thru hard work and the realization that there is a difference between wants and needs.

I don't care what kind of phone you use, that's not how I judge someone's worth or intelligence. Sent using tapatalk 2.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

If do not call middle class people who might have life ending illness where previously the insurance company could deny further care then I disagree that is an entitlement. To me thats is called health insurance!
    If a family of four had children 18-26 year olds who are in college and couldn't afford life insurance that would leave them uncovered in the previous law ,but now they covered. I don't perceive that as an entitlement, that's called getting by on parents health coverage. If someone had a pie existing medical condition and they need insurance thats not an entitlement thats trying to get insurance coverage. Just saying.....:beer:

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    Fission 2.5.7BE

So you guys are all fine with my 300 pound friend who owns his own business, has never paid for healthcare and goes to the Mountainside hospital racking up bills like $12,000. and not paying a dime? Because that's what we've all already been paying for. Now he'll be forced to take responsibility. Don't let the word tax fool you, it's no different then our premiums going up year after year to pay for deadbeats, that they were even before this health care legislation, except now the deadbeats are having their hand forced.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by jeverts View Post
    So you guys are all fine with my 300 pound friend who owns his own business, has never paid for healthcare and goes to the Mountainside hospital racking up bills like $12,000. and not paying a dime? Because that's what we've all already been paying for. Now he'll be forced to take responsibility. Don't let the word tax fool you, it's no different then our premiums going up year after year to pay for deadbeats, that they were even before this health care legislation, except now the deadbeats are having their hand forced.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Nope not fine with it at all.

Your 300 pound friend who refuses to even try to pay for his own care should simply be refused medical care period. If he takes no personal responsibility others should not be doing it for him.

I don't care what kind of phone you use, that's not how I judge someone's worth or intelligence. Sent using tapatalk 2.

Aside from the fact that they went out of their way to insist it wasn't a tax (no doubt because it would mean breaking a pledge not raise taxes on the middle class), the big question is what is going to keep the 300lb person from just paying the nominal tax and waiting to purchase insurance only if and when it's needed.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

A message for the republicans today after another 33rd wasted day in congress....

from Evo4G LTE on Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury81 View Post
    A message for the republicans today after another 33rd wasted day in congress....
    http://img.tapatalk.com/42575773-bbd6-2f4a.jpg

from Evo4G LTE on Tapatalk 2
    Screw politics you all should declare me your king I would rule with a just hand health care for all paid by the government with minimum tax increase(moneys got to come from somewhere)
    First thing I would do is stop meddling in other countrys I would close are borders for all but trade then I would take each and every homeless/jobless person in my country and put them to work probably as a farmer(you can never have to much food) I would sell the food surplus to starving country's very cheaply (anything priced to + but damn near free)
    Education for the masses
    Increase in tech research
    I would decree every man woman of age to be issued a android device for Democratic interaction everyones vote will count(screw a electoral college)
    My country would have a zero poverty tolerance
    also we have way to many people in prison for the dummest

I have more but...
    Ill just **** myself off because I know we have a bunch of greedy s running are country

Just make me your king I will fix what the s have done

Sent from my SPH-M820 using Android Central Forums
    He who stands on toilet is high on pot