Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default US Constitution

Below you will find a link to the Constitution of The United States. Most people state incorrectly that we are a democracy. The truth is we are a Constitutional Republic, we elect our leaders in a democratic election. Before you can decide if our Rights are being slowly stripped from us you should know and understand what they are.

Amazon.com also has a great book on The Bill of Rights, just search for "The Know Your Bill of Rights Book." I believe it is less than 10.00.
    Last edited by Live2ride883; 01-19-2013 at 10:04 PM.
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"

Default Re: US Constitution

If a majority a people wanted to change the constitution to fit the realities of today, would you be against it? Just asking.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I think the realities of today are why we need the Constitution.

We have a legal process to amend the Constitution, currently off the top of my head I believe there are 27 amendments to the Constitution that have been ratified.
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"
    Thanked by:
    Darth Spock and winmod21 like this.

ROM
    CM 10.1 and AOKP 4.2 RP

The thing is, many of our rights are already gone, or slowly being taken away. When the American people are scared, they tend to give power to the federal government. When that fear passes, they take it back. But, DC always holds on to a little bit of it. We never are as powerful as we once were as a people.Eventually, the government has enough power and influence to do things like the PATRIOT Act, and, more recently, the indefinite detention clause of the NDAA. It's getting worse, and the citizens just don't seem to care.
    Thanked by 2:

Don't you think people like Alex Jones scare people?

He believes in the constitution. I'm an Alex Jones supporter.

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums
    Galaxy S4 >>>>>> your phone

Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vicious ROM

Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    Alex Jones is a fringe element of the Liberty Movement. People like Ron Paul, Rand Paul and Judge Napolitano are better representatives.
    Thanked by:
    Kelly Kearns and winmod21 like this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    No Alex Jones, while being passionate about his beliefs and his support of the Constitution does not scare me. I don't really think he scares other people either. The people that scare me are people like Obama, Feinsteine(sp), Bloomburg, and Cumo. People that want big government and nanny state scare me.

Thanked by 2:
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Thanked by:
    winmod21 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Live2ride883 View Post
    No Alex Jones, while being passionate about his beliefs and his support of the Constitution does not scare me. I don't really think he scares other people either. The people that scare me are people like Obama, Feinsteine(sp), Bloomburg, and Cumo. People that want big government and nanny state scare me.
    My feelings as well. Anyone who wants to change the basic principles this country was founded on scare me. I just want government to stay the heck out of my life as much as possible, focus on national defense and general oversight, that's it! The rest I can take care of myself thank you very much!
    Thanked by:
    cdicesare2002 and winmod21 like this.

ROM
    Stock: Unrooted

Quote Originally Posted by Synycalwon View Post
    My feelings as well. Anyone who wants to change the basic principles this country was founded on scare me. I just want government to stay the heck out of my life as much as possible, focus on national defense and general oversight, that's it! The rest I can take care of myself thank you very much!
    I agree. Although I've often thought, over the last 10~12 years or so. .Sheeeez, what a nutbar that Alex Jones guy can be sometimes. :rolleyes: . . . though all in all, he doesn't scare me one bit. Nevertheless, he unfortunately does get carried away, frequently, and kinda makes himself look and sound like a fool at times. I guess that's probably due to his passion; that's what I tend to think. He'd probably do much better to just administer his websites... and keep his mouth shut. Actually, his websites: infowars.com & prisonplanet.com — both have a lot of right on stuff — about the realities of what's really going on in this world.

Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty. — Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by atomic_squid View Post
    We never are as powerful as we once were as a people.Eventually, the government has enough power and influence to do things like the PATRIOT Act, and, more recently, the indefinite detention clause of the NDAA. It's getting worse, and the citizens just don't seem to care.
    Do what you want.... just dont take our guns.
    Last edited by kilofox; 01-27-2013 at 06:37 PM.

Global Posts
    202 Global Posts

Wrong again, Free Speech was not suppressed. Honestly, do you think at all before posting?

Here is an exercise I encourage you to try. Describe an inaugural parade protest scenario in which free speech is suppressed. (Hint: The linked story is not one)

Blue 32gb Galaxy S3

Alex Jones isn't scary and while there are some nuggets of truths on his sites he does get carried away. There are times that he or his sites don't tell the truth and there are great exaggerations.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Quote Originally Posted by rexxman View Post
    Wrong again, Free Speech was not suppressed. Honestly, do you think at all before posting?

Here is an exercise I encourage you to try. Describe an inaugural parade protest scenario in which free speech is suppressed. (Hint: The linked story is not one)

Blue 32gb Galaxy S3
    Watch the video below, during the interview the judge states that "what good is free speech if the people in the government are so far away that they can't hear you." It is in this way that I feel that free speech was indeed suppressed.

"Today, Jan. 21, 2013, Politico reports that when the Obama’s reached a particular point in the parade route, they entered their limousine, then drove by the protest area, and when they passed the area, they re-exited their vehicle and continued to walk.

The Obama’s were walking the route and walked past the FBI building. Then they got into their limousine and drove past Freedom Park, the only designated free speech zone on the parade route. After passing Freedom Park, they once again got out of their limousine and continued their walk to the White House."

There is also the banning of protester from D.C. after inauguration ignites debate on free speech story which I have linked below.

Original link
    Last edited by Live2ride883; 02-01-2013 at 12:56 PM.

Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rexxman View Post

Leave it to them to take the bait of the rabid, partisan hacks rather than use calm reasoning. It's not as if security may have had a little something to do with this non-issue or anything .....
    Thanked by:
    Darth Spock likes this.

Global Posts
    202 Global Posts

Watch the video below, during the interview the judge states that "what good is free speech if the people in the government are so far away that they can't hear you." It is in this way that I feel that free speech was indeed suppressed.

"Today, Jan. 21, 2013, Politico reports that when the Obama’s reached a particular point in the parade route, they entered their limousine, then drove by the protest area, and when they passed the area, they re-exited their vehicle and continued to walk.

The Obama’s were walking the route and walked past the FBI building. Then they got into their limousine and drove past Freedom Park, the only designated free speech zone on the parade route. After passing Freedom Park, they once again got out of their limousine and continued their walk to the White House."

There is also the banning of protester from D.C. after inauguration ignites debate on free speech story which I have linked below.

Original link
    I can't force you to be quiet, and conversely, you can't force me to listen.

I'm under no obligation to pay attention to the sign you wave. Freedom swings both ways bro.

And Pastor Rick? Not the best example. He sounds more like a public nuisance, then a legit victim of having his rights trampled on.

Blue 32gb Galaxy S3
    Darth Spock likes this.

Global Posts
    202 Global Posts

Gee, I said I can't force, not that you should.

Blue 32gb Galaxy S3
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

An interesting article on the constitution, and the attacks on it that many see on it today.

Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

An interesting article on the constitution, and the attacks on it that many see on it today.

/SNIP/
    Sorry. No reasonable person will make it past the second paragraph which states:
    Somebody should argue, firstly, that if our government can do whatever it wants, however it wants, to whomever it wants, then we as individuals are enslaved by it. It matters not who is favored by it today. The Constitution is the governor of government, and where government cares not to be governed by it, we have subjective, authoritarian rule, the mark of tyranny, and the antithesis of the American founding.
    As should have been learned by now, faulty, deceitful foundations make for absurdity.
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

Quote Originally Posted by carolinadroid View Post
    Sorry. No reasonable person will make it past the second paragraph which states:

As should have been learned by now, faulty, deceitful foundations make for absurdity.
    In other words, if you don't agree with something you stop reading it shortly after the start. And anyone that does read and agree with it is simply being unreasonable...

Yea got it, thanks for clearing that up.

Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

In other words, if you don't agree with something you stop reading it shortly after the start. And anyone that does read and agree with it is simply being unreasonable...

Yea got it, thanks for clearing that up
    As the author of such intellectually depraved fantasies like 'Obama's Forged Documents', 'AR-15 NOT used in Newtown shooting', 'Should Obama be impeached', etc, you are clearly cozy to the practice of beginning a post with a blatant lie false foundation. We have come to expect no less. Your defense of others' similar practice comes as no revelation.

An ar-15 was not used in the school shooting. How is this false?

Quote Originally Posted by zapfrog View Post
    An ar-15 was not used in the school shooting. How is this false?
    But what about the rifle? Alleged shooter Adam Lanza used a Bushmaster AR-15 assault rifle as his primary weapon, but conspiracist have seized on footage of police removing a long gun from the trunk of Lanza’s car. “This reveals the ‘Big Lie’ of the mainstream media … the Bushmaster AR-15 rifle was left in Lanza’s car,” conspiracy website NaturalNews states in a story picked up by Alex Jones’ InfoWars this week.

Answer: Actually, the gun shown being removed from Lanza’s car was a shotgun he never used. Lanza brought three guns inside the school — the AR-15 and two handguns — all of which were found inside the school.

This AR-15 thing is right up there with 9/11 being an inside job.

Not even Fox News believes this.... and if it were true... they would be all over this. Why havent they?

I cant find anything on the NRA's website saying Lanza did not use an AR-15.... surely they would be all over this. Why havent they?

Maybe its because he did use an AR-15..... you can take your tinfoil hat off.
    Thanked by 2:
    rkeenan and Darth Spock like this.
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,920 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Please read THIS POST again as it's been updated.

Thanks
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast