Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default A new national holiday in The United States

What is your opinion of this?

I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

Default Re: A new national holiday in The United States

So what did he do wrong again? Seriously.

What?! ...I'm msndrstood.
    via Gnex
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2

National Holiday? When did you see that? Do you know how many resolutions and such provocations are signed on a daily basis? This is nothing more than a symbolic gesture. I don't think anyone would argue with the statement presented therein.

Sent from my Note Deuce using Tap-uh-talk
    Thanked by 2:
    msndrstood likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Because Richard Nixon signed Fathers Day into existence, it was all about his desperate need for adoration? And FYI, President Obama did not proclaim "his inauguration" a national holiday. Words have meaning. Try harder. To use your logic, it must all be about Presidents Reagan and Eisenhower as well since a Sunday interfered with the traditional inauguration date of January 20th. Both of whom would not recognize what has happened to the GOP (but would clearly understand why the GOP is currently at an all-time low for acceptance with examples of pettiness like this as evidence).
    Thanked by:
    Irate Iguana and msndrstood like this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

NOW, THEREFORE, I, BARACK OBAMA, President of the United States of America, by the authority vested in me by the Constitution and laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim January 21, 2013, a National Day of Hope and Resolve.

Unless I missed it and any other president was inaugurated on that specific day he did specify his inauguration day.
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Live2ride883 View Post
    NOW, THEREFORE, I, BARACK OBAMA, President of the United States of America, by the authority vested in me by the Constitution and laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim January 21, 2013, a National Day of Hope and Resolve.

Unless I missed it and any other president was inaugurated on that specific day he did specify his inauguration day.
    Ready. Fire. Aim. Repeat.

Yes. You missed it.
    Thanked by:
    Irate Iguana and nolittdroid like this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Wow you knowledge of the Constitution is incredible.

He was inaugurated on the 20th like every other president with one exception.

And if you want to really get down to it., he made Zach Taylors inauguration day a holiday since he was the only one that did it on the 21st.

If you are going to put out stuff check your facts.

Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

This is referring to his public inauguration which took place on the date mentioned. Not the official inauguration.

Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    Wow you knowledge of the Constitution is incredible.

He was inaugurated on the 20th like every other president with one exception.

And if you want to really get down to it., he made Zach Taylors inauguration day a holiday since he was the only one that did it on the 21st.

If you are going to put out stuff check your facts.

Just for clarification (especially for Live2ride's confused sake), since 1937 (IIRC), the "formal" as well as the public inauguration's swearing-in ceremony has traditionally taken place on the 20th. When the 20th has landed on a Sunday since then, the public ceremony has taken place on the 21st 3 times, including this past Monday. Obama was formally sworn in on the 20th.
    Thanked by:
    msndrstood likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

It doesnt state that, and Reagan was done the same way as well as a few others I am sure.

It is still a fail post on your part

msndrstood likes this.

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts

Lol. Conservative Daily News. Also, Monday was a national holiday: MLK Day, although it's probably not recognized by CDN.
    nolittdroid and msndrstood like this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by whatwhat View Post
    It already is a national holiday. MLK Day. Perhaps that was what the proclamation was about?
    Your point is spot-on. The OP and the idiotic author of the blog post have no idea that there is a very large difference between A National Day of _____ and a Federal holiday. They insult the flag in which they wrap themselves.
    Thanked by 3:
    Who?, nolittdroid and msndrstood like this.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

Lol, after 4 years, the Far Right just can't get over it. It would be hilarious if it weren't so pathetic. If only they could see how ridiculous they appear to the rest of the country. Mainstream Republicans are embarrassed by their comments and publicity stunts.

via Gnex
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Quote Originally Posted by msndrstood View Post
    Lol, after 4 years, the Far Right just can't get over it. It would be hilarious if it weren't so pathetic. If only they could see how ridiculous they appear to the rest of the country. Mainstream Republicans are embarrassed by their comments and publicity stunts.

via Gnex
    The best part is that the course that they are on will only lead to the next Democrat being elected and the one after that and so on.

They need to stop being so... Insane.. If they ever want to get back to the whitehouse

msndrstood likes this.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    The best part is that the course that they are on will only lead to the next Democrat being elected and the one after that and so on.

They need to stop being so... Insane.. If they ever want to get back to the whitehouse

Agreed. Hilary 'stood her ground' pretty effectively yesterday. I was impressed. :thumbup:

via Gnex
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2
    Irate Iguana likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Yeah she did pretty well... Not sure who the next democratic nominee will be though.

Thanked by:
    msndrstood likes this.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

I think we can be relatively certain whomever it is, they will be sensible about the issues and keep their feet planted firmly on the ground and not in their mouth. Except for Joe, of course. . I like Joe, he's the Dem's version of Christie, but you've gotta love his inane ability to to say the wrong thing at the wrong time. .

via Gnex
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

I will be the first to admit I should have researched this more before bringing it here, but if you'll notice in the OP I simply asked for opinions and did not state my own.

I still think this is wrong.
    Last edited by Live2ride883; 01-24-2013 at 10:07 PM.

Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

What, specifically, is wrong with a day designated for our nation's hope and resolve?
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

I will be the first to admit I should have researched this more before bringing it here, but if you'll notice in the OP I simply asked for opinions and did not state my own.

CDN? Lol, this guy gets owned every time he post something with some nutjob link attached. SMH
    Irate Iguana likes this.

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

How about subscribing to TYT ( The Young Turks) news channel on youtube. The offer a pretty unbiased IMO commentary.
    Irate Iguana likes this.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

Quote Originally Posted by dguid12 View Post
    How about subscribing to TYT ( The Young Turks) news channel on youtube. The offer a pretty unbiased IMO commentary.
    Actually I stumbled on one of their commentaries concerning the Chicago police department earlier tonight, where they beat that gentleman (I cannot recall his name) so bad that he later died from his injuries and the DA's office is refusing to bring the officers up on charges. While I did not subscribe I will add that I did like the fact that they do not berate the people they are interviewing, and they actually allowed the guests to actually answer the questions asked.

Irate Iguana and dguid12 like this.

Global Posts
    202 Global Posts

Ok, here's my opinion. You are spending way to much political time on these forums.

Chill out. Take a ride. Quit hating.

Blue 32gb Galaxy S3
    Thanked by 3:

Its interesting to see the left make attempts at controlling the debate by controlling the dialog.
    This technique has always failed in the end primarily because of the truth always coming out in the end.

Also the name calling is simply childish behavior usually coming from underdeveloped minds.
    In the past a simple phrase handles all the leftist BS and it is as follows: Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me.

The left is basically powerless over you if you keep that simple truth in mind.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

Quote Originally Posted by Bratigan View Post
    Its interesting to see the left make attempts at controlling the debate by controlling the dialog.
    This technique has always failed in the end primarily because of the truth always coming out in the end.

Also the name calling is simply childish behavior usually coming from underdeveloped minds.
    In the past a simple phrase handles all the leftist BS and it is as follows: Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me.

The left is basically powerless over you if you keep that simple truth in mind.
    Lol, that's funny.

via Gnex
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast