Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree488Likes

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Default Re: Should Obama be impeached?

The nation was in peril and we wanted someone held accountable. What Bush did at the command of his VP and the money players was come out and LIE to a nation that had just gotten attacked. Only a few at that point was against it because they were afraid to be labled "unpatriotic" by right wing nuts and Fox "news". They had no choice but to vote the way they did after being pushed and LIED to. 100k innocent Iraqis dead with 4k thousand Americans dead with even a strong Iran. Bush and his team should be in prison!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Serial Fordicator View Post
    A false war both democrats and republicans voted for?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    msndrstood and Darth Spock like this.

Quote Originally Posted by dguid12 View Post
    The nation was in peril and we wanted someone held accountable. What Bush did at the command of his VP and the money players was come out and LIE to a nation that had just gotten attacked. Only a few at that point was against it because they were afraid to be labled "unpatriotic" by right wing nuts and Fox "news". They had no choice but to vote the way they did after being pushed and LIED to. 100k innocent Iraqis dead with 4k thousand Americans dead with even a strong Iran. Bush and his team should be in prison!!!!
    What was Bush supposed to do after 9-11, just sit there and take it? We had to remove Saddam Hussein from power or even more lives could have been killed. And do you honestly think that Bin Laden would be dead today without us going into the Middle East? Our nation is known as a defender of the people. And to bring justice and DEFEND Iraqis we had to go in. What would have happened if we had just sat there after Dec. 7th 1941? Nobody is a fan of war and I certainly am not in support for uneeded war, but there are times when it is necessary. And its hard to believe anybody WOULDN'T be Patriotic after their nation was attacked and 3000 people lost their lives. Yes Fox News was in support yet they didnt "brainwash" or "force" people to vote yes. I really would love to see Obama take control of the middle east and put Iran in line. Their president vowed he would "wipe Israel of the face of Earth". I believe that sometimes lives must be sacrificed and I'm so greatful for our Veterans. If Iran is extremely close to having Nuclear Weapons we SHOULD be in there taking control. My father fought in Vietnam and he said it was awful being on the other side of the world laying down his life for the sake of the country, while people in America had NO support for them. No veteran wants to hear that his sacrifice went to a lost cause. And please I challenge you maybe when our next war does occur (very soon) you decide to do the right thing for your country and support the war that your ENTIRE nation is in. Imagine if Reagan was in presidency right now..... Do you really think all this BS in the middle east would be going down? Iraq released the hostages of 1980 because they knew Reagan meant business and wasn't going to sit back and take it. So please quit the whole blaming Bush thing, Liberals have been blaming Bush for every single failure Obama has had. Because I love this country I'll support any president we have for the sake of the Nation, but you people need to quit blaming Bush. He's been out of office for close to 4 years now, whats done has been done. So move on shut up and deal with the president we have currently. And quit complaining about Fox News you liberals also blame them constantly as well. Quit blaming the news corporations and start blaming the people that sit there and take the information without processing it. Were in America they have the freedom to air pretty much anything they want. (1st amandment) And do you really think that CNN and MSNBC are so balanced? Seriously?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Will1524 View Post
    What was Bush supposed to do after 9-11, just sit there and take it? We had to remove Saddam Hussein from power or even more lives could have been killed. And do you honestly think that Bin Laden would be dead today without us going into the Middle East? Our nation is known as a defender of the people. And to bring justice and DEFEND Iraqis we had to go in. What would have happened if we had just sat there after Dec. 7th 1941? Nobody is a fan of war and I certainly am not in support for uneeded war, but there are times when it is necessary. And its hard to believe anybody WOULDN'T be Patriotic after their nation was attacked and 3000 people lost their lives. Yes Fox News was in support yet they didnt "brainwash" or "force" people to vote yes. I really would love to see Obama take control of the middle east and put Iran in line. Their president vowed he would "wipe Israel of the face of Earth". I believe that sometimes lives must be sacrificed and I'm so greatful for our Veterans. If Iran is extremely close to having Nuclear Weapons we SHOULD be in there taking control. My father fought in Vietnam and he said it was awful being on the other side of the world laying down his life for the sake of the country, while people in America had NO support for them. No veteran wants to hear that his sacrifice went to a lost cause. And please I challenge you maybe when our next war does occur (very soon) you decide to do the right thing for your country and support the war that your ENTIRE nation is in. Imagine if Reagan was in presidency right now..... Do you really think all this BS in the middle east would be going down? Iraq released the hostages of 1980 because they knew Reagan meant business and wasn't going to sit back and take it. So please quit the whole blaming Bush thing, Liberals have been blaming Bush for every single failure Obama has had. Because I love this country I'll support any president we have for the sake of the Nation, but you people need to quit blaming Bush. He's been out of office for close to 4 years now, whats done has been done. So move on shut up and deal with the president we have currently. And quit complaining about Fox News you liberals also blame them constantly as well. Quit blaming the news corporations and start blaming the people that sit there and take the information without processing it. Were in America they have the freedom to air pretty much anything they want. (1st amandment) And do you really think that CNN and MSNBC are so balanced? Seriously?

You sir are a patriot. My thanks to your dad for his service.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:

- Every single one of the 9/11 attackers were from Saudia Arabia.. Not Iraq.

- Iraq did not have Nuclear Weapons. Iraq did not have WMD's either. Ironically, North Korea does and did have them in 2001. Funny how we attacked the country that didnt have them, and let an extremist nation that did have them keep them.

- My problem with the Obama/Bush thing is that people bashing Obama, give Bush a free pass on all mistakes he made. Your defense of him is indefensible. He wanted a war with Iraq and the intelligence community obliged him. It is the greatest military blunder in our nation's history. Going to war on false intelligence. Not a battle, skirmish.... but a whole war for weapons a mass destruction that did not exist.

As the then Commander-In-Chief, it was ultimately his responsibility to send our troops in to harm's way for a valid reason.... and he failed at it miserably. But because of partisan allegiance, many ignore the fiasco that happened in Iraq.

Here is a warning to those who will hear: If Fascism comes to America, it will come wrapped in a flag, carrying a cross.

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Only a FOOL would believe this ignorance...Commanders had 2 documented attempts to kill Bin Laden before going to war with Iraq, however, Bush said NO!!!! I will NEVER support a needless war. A war predicated all on profits..Too me most veterans are FOOOLS!!!!!!!! They go and complete missions to kill innocent people at that will of the corporations. Those same corporations that employee our ex-generals for thousands of dollars per year. You ever heard of "blowback"??? These soldiers that go fight for this country are FOOLS for they know not what they do. They think they are protecting Americans when in reality they are protecting the fake Isrealis and billion dollar corporations.

Global Posts
    5,712 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

• IF going in to Iraq was so noble, why did we have to lie in order to do so?
      What does 911 have to do with Iraq? Being patriotic is not blindly following corrupt politicians.
      In American culture, being patriotic means being a proponent of freedom and democracy in America.
      "Their president *Iran* vowed he would 'wipe Israel of the face of the Earth'"... so? Not to be heartless, but why do we care? They are our allies, and we should defend our allies assuming they prove worthy of mutual trust. They haven't been attacked yet; in fact they are the aggressors in the current issues with the Palestinians.
      Why have we not taken control of China, Russia, the UK, Australia or any other country with nuclear arms capabilities? That alone is not an invitation to be conquered.
      Vietnam was also a situation where we were lied to in order to get us into what seemed like an unending war and again, questioning policy decisions is not unpatriotic.
      If Reagan were president now, I imagine we'd be exactly where we are now, perhaps slightly better or worse off. Like his predecessors and those subsequent to him, he was a political tool with very little real power, corrupt to the bone and serving the interests of those that pay the bills.
      We shouldn't stop blaming Bush for things that are his fault. Conservatives should be blaming him for those things too. Both parties should also be giving him credit for positive things he did.
      We shouldn't stop blaming Obama for things that are his fault. Liberals should be blaming him for those things too. Both parties should also be giving him credit for positive things he did.
      Fox News is an entertainment channel that capitalizes on the fears and gullibility of the American people. So are CNN and MSNBC. No one cares if they're balanced or not, we know they're not. The problem is that they're consistently lying and then people regurgitate those lies with their own spin, which creates a maddening telephone game of nonsensical untruths aimed at inflaming the base fears of the populace. No one is questioning their right to provide what entertainment they see fit, we're questioning the judgment of the people who listen to it and purport it as fact.
    Thanked by:
    winmod21 likes this.

Global Posts
    5,712 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

My oldest daughter has never worked a day in her life. For the last 3 years, she's stayed home most days, lounging around and rarely contributing anything to discussions. She expects my wife and I to buy all of her clothes and food, do her laundry and cook for her, as well as drive her to any and all activities she decides to partake in.

If I leave out the part of the story where she is 3 years old, you get a very different view of my daughter's lifestyle, our relationship and my views towards her. Context matters.
    Thanked by 4:
    msndrstood and winmod21 like this.
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,883 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Only a FOOL would believe this ignorance...Commanders had 2 documented attempts to kill Bin Laden before going to war with Iraq, however, Bush said NO!!!! I will NEVER support a needless war. A war predicated all on profits..Too me most veterans are FOOOLS!!!!!!!! They go and complete missions to kill innocent people at that will of the corporations. Those same corporations that employee our ex-generals for thousands of dollars per year. You ever heard of "blowback"??? These soldiers that go fight for this country are FOOLS for they know not what they do. They think they are protecting Americans when in reality they are protecting the fake Isrealis and billion dollar corporations.
    Alright, you just called quite a few people fools, including myself. Let me explain something to you. When we CHOOSE to serve in the military we take an oath. The oath is important, it dictates what we do (which is follow all lawful orders basically). An order is lawful until it's not (obviously), but IF an order gets down to the level of boots on the ground you can bet that people high up on the chain have already made sure that it complies with all current and applicable laws (and if it's questionable they have vetted it through proper legal channels).

One other thing to consider are those that are serving that joined BEFORE BUSH or OBAMA were Commander in Chief. One thing you don't have in the military is choice of who's orders to follow. If you don't like the guy in charge, don't sign up, or don't extend. But don't call our servicemen and women fools for doing exactly what they agreed to do when they signed up. Agree or disagree with the President, the military has a job to do.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
    Thanked by:
    Darth Spock likes this.

Default Should Obama be impeached?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin O'Quinn View Post
    Alright, you just called quite a few people fools, including myself. Let me explain something to you. When we CHOOSE to serve in the military we take an oath. The oath is important, it dictates what we do (which is follow all lawful orders basically). An order is lawful until it's not (obviously), but IF an order gets down to the level of boots on the ground you can bet that people high up on the chain have already made sure that it complies with all current and applicable laws (and if it's questionable they have vetted it through proper legal channels).

One other thing to consider are those that are serving that joined BEFORE BUSH or OBAMA were Commander in Chief. One thing you don't have in the military is choice of who's orders to follow. If you don't like the guy in charge, don't sign up, or don't extend. But don't call our servicemen and women fools for doing exactly what they agreed to do when they signed up. Agree or disagree with the President, the military has a job to do.
    I have great respect for our brave military folks. Thank you for your service.
    Darth Spock likes this.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #335  

This is how I "feel" about the current office holder. Yes I will agree that there have green things done by past presidents that should not have been done. But just because one got away with it doesn't mean we have to give the next one or the one after that a free pass. At some point we all have to say this far and no farther. At what point is too far?

I have taken a lot of grief as the OP of this thread, and some people have said that all this is for is to basically stir stuff up. However if you look back at the time this thread was started there were and still are several me members of government such as Rand Paul and a few others asking the same question. THAT WAS THE SPIRIT IN WHICH THIS DISCUSSION WAS STARTED. I even stated that I didn't want to see it turn into a free for all of what one president said or did vs another president.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Should Obama be impeached?-407305_406452322770338_514234283_n.jpg  
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"
    Thanked by:
    Darth Spock and winmod21 like this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Live2ride883 View Post
    This is how I "feel" about the current office holder.
    Although your contentions have been rife with misinformation and propaganda (and interestingly enough, not a single retraction), the way you "feel" has been made abundantly clear.
    Darth Spock likes this.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #337  

Well at least you got the quote right.

Retraction instead of feel I should have stated in my opinion.
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Well at least you got the quote right.

Retraction instead of feel I should have stated in my opinion.
    Until the time comes that you can categorically specify the high crimes and misdemeanors of which this President should be found guilty - specific charges which Judiciary will pass forward to the House - there is no "opinion" on a subject such as this. Invest some time studying what impeachment, and its process, means. Otherwise, such a thread serves only as a smear campaign. Nothing original there.
    Thanked by:

Let me ask you something sir, do you believe that the men fighting in WW2 were fools? What you just said was blatantly offensive, and honestly you have no right to call yourself and American. People like you sit here in the States and whine and complain while REAL men are over voluntarily over in the middle east trying to do whats right. They left their families, friends, and life as they know it to go over to a remote country to fight a war for their country. And please tell me what you mean by "Fake Israelis" if you're implying that the country of Israel doesnt belong to them youre dead wrong. What would have happened if we had never entered Europe in the 1940's? Yes we would have saved countless American lives, but the majority of Europe would be speaking German and MILLIONS more jews and others would be killed. See often we must think not what we can do for our country, but what we can do for OTHER countries. Life isnt all about America and Israel needs our help. Leaving them to get destroyed would be downright wrong. And I dont think the Iraqi war was one based on "profits" its one of the main reasons were in debt now. Yet through all the lives and money lost, we did our job and we helped other more than we helped ourselves.

AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,883 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I even stated that I didn't want to see it turn into a free for all of what one president said or did vs another president.
    Isn't it great when you say something and no one listens? Welcome to the world of being a Moderator (we do this every day).
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.

Global Posts
    5,712 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

I firmly believe that the Iraqi was was based on profits, just not on those of the government. It's the companies that get the contracts to go build the structures, build the roads, the plumbing, drill for the oil, transport the oil, etc, etc. They get the profits, we pay for it, the government then correctly says, "we're broke!" Then, upon leaving office, the politicians get civilian jobs representing those companies for ridiculous personal profits.
    Thanked by 4:
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #342  

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin O'Quinn View Post
    Isn't it great when you say something and no one listens? Welcome to the world of being a Moderator (we do this every day).
    The way I see it, there were a few individuals that really ruined this thread for everyone. Its bad enough now that I rarely come in here now. I have been a mod on a HD site before and I know the job isn't easy. There were a few times I tried to get it back to it's intended purpose, but that was kinda foolish on my part.

Thanked by:
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NothingIsTrue View Post
    I firmly believe that the Iraqi was was based on profits, just not on those of the government. It's the companies that get the contracts to go build the structures, build the roads, the plumbing, drill for the oil, transport the oil, etc, etc. They get the profits, we pay for it, the government then correctly says, "we're broke!"

Then, upon leaving office, the politicians get civilian jobs representing those companies for ridiculous personal profits.
    A classic Br'er Rabbit political move, isn't it? Not the first of its kind, but most certainly the worst and most depraved.
    winmod21 likes this.

ROM
    Stock, CM10, AOKP

This quote really pisses me off. For being a son of a soldier that went to Iraq I know how thousands of other families are affected. You think they care about where they are and what they are there for. You're wrong, all they care about is the people beside them and trying to get back to their families alive and not in a box. So before making accusations try stepping into their shoes and do what they do.

Sent from Curiosity on Mars.
    Thanked by:
    msndrstood and Darth Spock like this.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #345  

As far as what in my opinion he has done that deserves impeachment

This doesn't even begin to touch on Benghazi, or even fast and furious.

The Benghazi story was buried until after the election because if the truth had gotten out then it would have sank his chance at reelection.

Its not that I don't care about the original patriot act, I would love to see it repealed along with any other law that is unconstitutional. This thread was never about who did what when he was president, this was supposed to be a current events thread.

Thanked by:
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #346  

What has he and Eric holder have to hide that he has sealed all the records involved in fast and furious, why is Eric holder begging the courts not to force the release of those documents

22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #347  

Where are the 30+ survivors of the Benghazi attack, and why isn't Congress being allowed access to those witnesses.

My theory he is using the power that he extended into the NDAA act of 2013 to hold them indefinitely, without trial, without legal counsel and at his discretion.

Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

As far as what in my opinion he has done that deserves impeachment /snip/

This doesn't even begin to touch on Benghazi, or even fast and furious.

The Benghazi story was buried until after the election because if the truth had gotten out then it would have sank his chance at reelection.
    Again, you fail to understand the nature, and process, of impeachment. Yours is a cheap smear campaign based purely upon partisan hate. Nothing more. Nothing less. This is emblematic of the cancer growing within the GOP.
    rexxman and msndrstood like this.

Quote Originally Posted by NothingIsTrue View Post
    I firmly believe that the Iraqi was was based on profits, just not on those of the government. It's the companies that get the contracts to go build the structures, build the roads, the plumbing, drill for the oil, transport the oil, etc, etc. They get the profits, we pay for it, the government then correctly says, "we're broke!" Then, upon leaving office, the politicians get civilian jobs representing those companies for ridiculous personal profits.

So much win in this!
    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    Darth Spock likes this.

Where are the 30+ survivors of the Benghazi attack, and why isn't Congress being allowed access to those witnesses.

My theory he is using the power that he extended into the NDAA act of 2013 to hold them indefinitely, without trial, without legal counsel and at his discretion.
    One of the best ways to catch a perpetrator, is to let them think that they got away with their crime. That would be the terrorists. But it would seem that yourself and the right-side of the isle are more interested in placing the blame first as opposed to bringing the killers to justice.

One of the best ways to lose a secret is telegraph, telephone and tell congress. If I was a terrorist that participated in the Libya attack, I would love for us to have congressional hearings while I am on the lam.

Republican idiots... thank you.
    Thanked by:
Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617 ... LastLast