Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree488Likes

Default Should Obama be impeached?

Does anyone remember how many house members voted for President Obama's proposed budget for fiscal year 2013 back in march 2012? Just asking.

Does a body have the number of budget proposals the President has submitted by the required yearly deadline? Just asking.

Does anybody remember if President Obama passed the Patriot Act Permanently into law vs having it required to be voted on every two years? Just asking.
    Darth Spock likes this.

Does anyone know the answer as to when the last budget was passed by the house and approved by the senate? What year was that? Just asking.
    Darth Spock likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #405  

Default Re: Should Obama be impeached?

Here's something I pulled from FB just because I thought it was funny

The U.S. Postal Service has just released a new stamp with a picture of President Obamula on it but they noticed that the stamp was not sticking to envelopes properly. This enraged the President, who demanded a full investigation so after a full month of testing and $1.73 million in congressional investigative spending, a special Presidential Commission presented the following findings:

1. The stamp is in perfect order.
    2. There is nothing wrong with the glue.
    3. People are spitting on the wrong side.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Should Obama be impeached?-601440_10151343673377740_1652162125_n.jpg  
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Since it has been shown in crystal-clear fashion that the premise of this thread is fatally flawed, it's necessary to thread-dump with highly generic hatred for the duly elected President? And people wonder why support for the GOP is at an all-time low.
    Thanked by:
    Mercury81 and Darth Spock like this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Synycalwon View Post
    I don't usually respond to your posts because they're so condescending and insincere, but seriously? That's all you've got? Ad hominem attacks? Please stop! Unless you've got something of real value to add to the discussion.
    Your false alllegation of ad hominem attacks only serves as a sideshow non sequitur to avoid addressing the central point of my post. One has to wonder why more courage isn't on display.
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by redhat1001 View Post
    I respect your opinion, but Bush did pass the Patriot act on a temporary basis that had be revoted on by congress every two years and it passed every two years. Obama signed it Permanently into law when he came in office.
    Is this a bold lie? Or simply an extremely misinformed perspective?
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Synycalwon View Post
    False allegation? Really now? I raise your non-sequitur (although honestly I don't see it!) and call you out on your Straw Man and Fallacy of Division attempts! (Yah, Google it! ). Let's go through all the fallacies shall we? Game on? Let's do this! LOL This is what you live for? Isn't it?
    What **** Cheney once had to say to Patrick Leahy.

Peace.

Global Posts
    5,749 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

I think it's factual to state that many of the links added to this thread are done so out of hatred, not out of a sense of contributing to a constructive dialogue. Most in here are discussing issues, while some are only trying to fan a fire because they don't have actual facts in full context to utilize and must resort to emotional attacks.
    Thanked by 3:
    msndrstood likes this.

Hey, I've got an idea for a thread. Should Republican propaganda spammers be impeached from AC?

Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by crackberrytraitor View Post
    Hey, I've got an idea for a thread. Should Republican propaganda spammers be impeached from AC?

Just stop.... Its called voicing an opinion. Chill out and quit being so uptight on a discussion. We can all say whatever we want to add to the topic, you're post isnt contributing at all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by carolinadroid View Post
    Is this a bold lie? Or simply an extremely misinformed perspective?
    Does anyone remember how many house members voted for President Obama's proposed budget for fiscal year 2013 back in march 2012?
    Obama's proposed budget received Zero votes, not one democrat voted for Obama's proposed budget. Vote count 0-414.

Does a body have the number of budget proposals the President has submitted by the required yearly deadline?
    Obama has submitted 1-4 budget proposals by the required deadline by law. After Tomorrow the record will be 1-5.

Does anybody remember if President Obama passed the Patriot Act Permanently into law vs having it required to be voted on every two years?
    Not permanent, but signed 4 year extension. Remember he railed against the patriot act during his campaign.

Does anyone know the answer as to when the last budget was passed by the house and approved by the senate? What year was that?
    Year was 2009
    Darth Spock likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

I respect your opinion, but Bush did pass the Patriot act on a temporary basis that had be revoted on by congress every two years and it passed every two years. Obama signed it Permanently into law when he came in office.
    Your apolitical source?

Why is it up for renewal this year? You know ... After the 2-year extension Obama signed in 2011 ... and all ...

Your apolitical source?

Why is it up for renewal this year? You know ... After the 2-year extension Obama signed in 2011 ... and all ...
    See above.. You are correct. He signed a 4 year extension.

Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

See above.. You are correct. He signed a 4 year extension.

The problem here is that no one understands that the Patriot Act is "permanent law" from its inception. Only certain segments are required to be renewed. Only Congress can dismantle the Act.
    msndrstood and Darth Spock like this.

The problem here is that no one understands that the Patriot Act is "permanent law" from its inception. Only certain segments are required to be renewed. Only Congress can dismantle the Act.
    True, usually the controversial parts like the roving wire taps and other parts needs renewal.

Quote Originally Posted by Will1524 View Post
    Just stop.... Its called voicing an opinion. Chill out and quit being so uptight on a discussion. We can all say whatever we want to add to the topic, you're post isnt contributing at all.

When somebody's just copying and pasting snide comment and images from the web and saying the same thing over and over literally dozens of times, that's not contributing that's spamming.

Thanked by:
    makaroni and Darth Spock like this.

Global Posts
    5,749 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

It's funny.. most of us couldn't get to that part of the web if we tried. But it seems like there are thousands and thousands of people, who I otherwise would have believed to be computer illiterate, commenting at all hours of the day! Go-go gadget surprises!

Global Posts
    202 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Will1524 View Post

Which is exactly what crackberry was doing, voicing an opinion.

I see no complaint from you on an earlier post about a disrespectful joke concerning spitting on an image of the President.

Please, some consistency.

Btw, you can't say whatever you want. There are forums rules.

Blue 32gb Galaxy S3
    Thanked by 2:
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #421  

Things like this are really what bother me about Obama, for a president that has talked so much about transparency to hide so much and who knows what else is something we should all be concerned about.

I have posted something here that I thought were funny, and to those who were offended by them I do apologize, it was not my intention.

Justice Department memo reveals legal case for drone strikes on Americans

“This is a chilling document,” said Jameel Jaffer, deputy legal director of the ACLU, which is suing to obtain administration memos about the targeted killing of Americans. “Basically, it argues that the government has the right to carry out the extrajudicial killing of an American citizen. … It recognizes some limits on the authority it sets out, but the limits are elastic and vaguely defined, and it’s easy to see how they could be manipulated.”
    In particular, Jaffer said, the memo “redefines the word imminence in a way that deprives the word of its ordinary meaning.”

I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"
    Darth Spock likes this.

Global Posts
    202 Global Posts

Kudos for the apology. I kindly ask that you refrain from posting insulting jokes. They do nothing to forward the discussion.

I don't think military strategies or operational plans were ever meant to be considered to fall under the umbrella of "transparency".

I am concerned about the drone strike issue. I will study up before further commenting

Blue 32gb Galaxy S3
    Thanked by 2:

the President is not getting impeached, so you guys and gals should just get over it. This is a fantasy thread probably started by a salty Republican who is upset that the person your party nominated to be your candidate was a contradicting, crooked, shady person and the majority of Americans who voted saw that. Obama may not be perfect but he was the better man this go round. He is not getting impeached so the ones who feel so should stop fantasizing. You'll just have to wear that sad face for 4 more years and we'll see what happens in the next election. Good day folks

My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch
    Thanked by 3:
    rexxman, msndrstood and Mercury81 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by makaroni View Post
    the President is not getting impeached, so you guys and gals should just get over it. This is a fantasy thread probably started by a salty Republican who is upset that the person your party nominated to be your candidate was a contradicting, crooked, shady person and the majority of Americans who voted saw that. Obama may not be perfect but he was the better man this go round. He is not getting impeached so the ones who feel so should stop fantasizing. You'll just have to wear that sad face for 4 more years and we'll see what happens in the next election. Good day folks

My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch
    Seriously, I can almost taste their big, salty Ostrich tears.

Thanked by:
    makaroni and msndrstood like this.

As I said before, this Bogus impeach thread is useless. We should be putting our energy towards this the next four years.

sent from my Evo 4G LTE using Tapatalk2
Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920 ... LastLast