Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 20 of 76 FirstFirst ... 17181920212223 ... LastLast
Results 476 to 500 of 1900
Like Tree1014Likes
  1. #476  
    backbeat's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    30 Posts
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

    Default Re: Should Obama be impeached?

    Quote Originally Posted by Synycalwon View Post
    For those who think this thread is pointless (or insert whatever negative adjective), why do you continue to post in it? You're not adding to the discussion nor are you debating anything. Move on, let the thread die then.
    Considering the quality of the posts which you consider to be adding to the "discussion/debate", it's a turkey shoot blindfolded.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #477  

    Default Re: Should Obama be impeached?

    Since you apparently have missed the point of this post, why do you continue to insult the people that do want to participate?
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

    "You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"
  3. #478  
    backbeat's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    30 Posts
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

    Default Re: Should Obama be impeached?

    Quote Originally Posted by Live2ride883 View Post
    Since you apparently have missed the point of this post, why do you continue to insult the people that do want to participate?
    No. The point of this thread, as firmly established in your OP, is to paint a vague picture of various things you suspect (but have no specific evidence on which to convict according to any reasonable standard beside fringe blogs). Standards which you avoid like the plague. Why is that?

    Reasonable people suspect deep-seated hate during and after this President's re-election. And considering that your type of "protest" - those based on misinformation and fear campaigns - exactly like those which began 19 DAYS after Obama's first inauguration, sleazy is the word that comes to mind.
    Last edited by carolinadroid; 02-08-2013 at 07:17 AM.
    Thanked by:
  4. #479  

    Default Re: Should Obama be impeached?

    ^^^^ Exactly! I agree 100% with above post. We listened and read your reasoning as to why you started this thread. Educated people listen before they reply in a debate or discussion. And from reading, you have nothing credible to go by. That's why we call this thread a fantasy. It sounds more so fueled by personal reasons or beliefs why anyone who has posted in favor of "SHOULD" the President be impeached has done so. Not because of valid reasoning or concrete proof, because if there were any... the Government would be trying to put possible Impeachment into action. We're saying no one liked this guy from day one and your reasoning may not be race but a lot of people's reason is. Without concrete facts, it's like you're just wasting Oxygen. No one who has posted in this thread saying they think the President "SHOULD" be impeached, has posted any solid reasons why it may be warranted because there aren't any. No one is insulting or bashing your opinion. If you feel the President should be impeached then fine, I applaud you for sticking to your guns and what you believe but just don't let your decisions be based on blogs or hyped up media stories written or reported by people who don't like the guy already because they're obviously not gonna say nice things. Develop your opinion from facts. That's all.

    My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch
    msndrstood likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #480  

    Default Re: Should Obama be impeached?

    Quote Originally Posted by Live2ride883 View Post
    After Benghazi, fast & furious, and now this Court to Obama: What Part of. We know that Obama likes to overstep his executive powers. Let alone adding 6 trillion dollars to the national debt in less than 4 years. This isn't even including the questionable executive decisions he signed earlier this month surrounding gun control. This is not intended to be a "pres so & so did this and another did that." What I would like it to be is an organized discussion on current events.
    ----------------

    Yes, I believe he should be impeached, this is not the first time he has over stepped his power and I do not think it will be the last.

    For clarification I am adding an additional link that addresses the concerns of Carolinadroid.

    Wake up America: Federal Appeals Court Rules Obama's Recess Appointments Were Illegal And Unconstitutional

    While I am certain this member will point out this is just an another "blog" he will find the actual ruling embedded at the bottom.
    Since one of the main contentions with this thread is that people don't think there is enough data to impeach obama maybe your right, maybe your not. But then again if you look back on how the Clinton impeachment was started, and that ended with the senate being only 17 votes shy of removing him from office.

    Bill Clinton, 42nd President of the United States, was impeached by the House of Representatives on two charges, one of perjury and one of obstruction of justice, on December 19, 1998. Two other impeachment articles, a second perjury charge and a charge of abuse of power, failed in the House. The charges arose from the Lewinsky scandal and the Paula Jones lawsuit.

    He was acquitted by the Senate on February 12, 1999. Requiring a two-thirds majority for a conviction, only 50 senators (out of 100) voted guilty on the obstruction charge and 45 on the perjury charge. The Senate was 17 votes short of removing Clinton from office .[1]

    The voting in the House and Senate was largely partisan. In the House, only five Democratic Representatives voted to impeach. In the Senate, which had 55 Republican Senators, none of the Democratic Senators voted for conviction. It was only the second impeachment of a President in American history, the other being that of Andrew Johnson, who was also acquitted by the Senate, but by the margin of one vote.
    Impeachment of Bill Clinton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

    "You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"
  6. #481  

    Default Re: Should Obama be impeached?

    Are you comparing Obama to Clinton?

    My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #482  

    Default Re: Should Obama be impeached?

    Quote Originally Posted by makaroni View Post
    Are you comparing Obama to Clinton?

    My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch
    Not at all, its listed as an example of how the process of impeachment can be started. After all it's only happened twice.
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

    "You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #483  

    Default Re: Should Obama be impeached?

    Quote Originally Posted by carolinadroid View Post
    When you voluntarily commit treasonous acts against your nation, within an armed conflict, you are not afforded due process as defined under civil law. End of story. Your irrational, hyperbolic partisanship notwithstanding.
    Let's take your words from another thread and apply them here.

    "Who determines this nebulous definition of what is "constitutional" in this every-man-for-himself world? You? Who?"

    Now let's simply replace the word constitutional with the word treasonous.

    This is why we have a 14th amendment....
    Last edited by Live2ride883; 02-09-2013 at 02:01 PM.
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

    "You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"
  9. #484  

    Default Re: Should Obama be impeached?

    Quote Originally Posted by Live2ride883 View Post
    Not at all, its listed as an example of how the process of impeachment can be started. After all it's only happened twice.
    I see the example of how the process can be started. I actually just learned something from that as well so thank you for that post. So if I understand correctly, you're basically saying that Obama has committed either an act of perjury, obstruction of justice, or abuse of power in some way that you believe the government should consider the thought of impeachment?

    My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #485  

    Default Re: Should Obama be impeached?

    Quote Originally Posted by makaroni View Post
    I see the example of how the process can be started. I actually just learned something from that as well so thank you for that post. So if I understand correctly, you're basically saying that Obama has committed either an act of perjury, obstruction of justice, or abuse of power in some way that you believe the government should consider the thought of impeachment?

    My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch
    Mostly the cover ups after Benghazi, fast & furious, and now the court ruling his recess appointments as unconstitutional. Both holder and Obama, and even Hillary should be held accountable for any and all criminal activity. Look at the way Holder is scrambling to prevent fast and furious documents from being used in several court cases. Look how fast Obama acted to seal some of those same documents.

    I believe there is enough information to at least warrant further investigation.
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

    "You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"
  11. #486  

    Default Re: Should Obama be impeached?

    Quote Originally Posted by Live2ride883 View Post
    Mostly the cover ups after Benghazi, fast & furious, and now the court ruling his recess appointments as unconstitutional. Both holder and Obama, and even Hillary should be held accountable for any and all criminal activity. Look at the way Holder is scrambling to prevent fast and furious documents from being used in several court cases. Look how fast Obama acted to seal some of those same documents.

    I believe there is enough information to at least warrant further investigation.
    NOW we're getting somewhere. When you make statements like that and say "I believe there is enough information to at least warrant further investigation", it sounds so much better because our justice system is based upon "Innocent until proven guilty". The way this thread started it sounded like you were saying that The President was convicted of some sort of crime and should be impeached. Now had this further investigation taken place already, and it wasn't looking good for him in his defense you could start a thread and say "Should President Obama be impeached?" because then you could have a discussion about the possible outcomes of his court case. It's a lot clearer where you're coming from now but "Should he be impeached" sounded a little bit premature judgemental and that probably stirred up the comments about this thread possibly being fueled slightly by some hate. Further investigation never hurt anybody, I won't say you're wrong for thinking that. I just think that of the president is trying to cover something up, there are a WHOLE LOT more people involved in it than him. He'll just have to take the wrap because he's at the top.

    My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch
    Live2ride883 likes this.
  12. #487  
    backbeat's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    30 Posts
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

    Default Re: Should Obama be impeached?

    Quote Originally Posted by makaroni View Post
    NOW we're getting somewhere. When you make statements like that and say "I believe there is enough information to at least warrant further investigation", it sounds so much better because our justice system is based upon "Innocent until proven guilty". The way this thread started it sounded like you were saying that The President was convicted of some sort of crime and should be impeached. Now had this further investigation taken place already, and it wasn't looking good for him in his defense you could start a thread and say "Should President Obama be impeached?" because then you could have a discussion about the possible outcomes of his court case. It's a lot clearer where you're coming from now but "Should he be impeached" sounded a little bit premature judgemental and that probably stirred up the comments about this thread possibly being fueled slightly by some hate. Further investigation never hurt anybody, I won't say you're wrong for thinking that. I just think that of the president is trying to cover something up, there are a WHOLE LOT more people involved in it than him.
    Just as in the case of the OP's thread title which includes the phrase "Obama's Forged Documents", the OP is muckraking and presuming the intellect of the reader isn't sufficient to understand that no such documents have been legally determined to have been forged. In fact, the Court has laughed these pitiful cases out the door in the past and, I suspect, will only continue to do so. It takes a dignified person to title a thread truthfully and accurately.

    He'll just have to take the wrap because he's at the top.
    Actually, regardless of the actions of Obama's administration, the OP is perfectly aware that only those actions taken by the President, individually, are subject to being tried as high crimes and misdemeanors for impeachment.

    When one starts a thread with such an errant and inflammatory basis, the thread is clearly intended not for "discussion" but to promote a purely partisan point of view which is foreign to the facts of the matter. We can do better than that.
    makaroni likes this.
  13. #488  

    Default Re: Should Obama be impeached?

    Quote Originally Posted by carolinadroid View Post
    Just as in the case of the OP's thread title which includes the phrase "Obama's Forged Documents", the OP is muckraking and presuming the intellect of the reader isn't sufficient to understand that no such documents have been legally determined to have been forged. In fact, the Court has laughed these pitiful cases out the door in the past and, I suspect, will only continue to do so. It takes a dignified person to title a thread truthfully and accurately.



    Actually, regardless of the actions of Obama's administration, the OP is perfectly aware that only those actions taken by the President, individually, are subject to being tried as high crimes and misdemeanors for impeachment.

    When one starts a thread with such an errant and inflammatory basis, the thread is clearly intended not for "discussion" but to promote a purely partisan point of view which is foreign to the facts of the matter. We can do better than that.
    I definitely agree but I think we have a better understanding now in my opinion. It was cool to discuss and understand each other's points. The title of the thread did initially cause this thread to go the way it did.

    My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch
  14. #489  

    Default Re: Should Obama be impeached?

    Quote Originally Posted by makaroni View Post
    I definitely agree but I think we have a better understanding now in my opinion. It was cool to discuss and understand each other's points. The title of the thread did initially cause this thread to go the way it did.

    My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch
    I've seen threads like this go this way many times, it's hardly because of the title. It's the subject.
    Live2ride883 likes this.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #490  

    Default Re: Should Obama be impeached?

    People are actually waking up to what he is doing to this country, unions are now questioning obama care which unions used to be some of the most vocal supporters of obama care. doctors are folding up their offices and retiring early or going into concierge medicine. In the medical equipment field there are severe layoffs which is going to affect R/D.
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

    "You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #491  

    Default Re: Should Obama be impeached?

    Quote Originally Posted by xlDeMoNiClx View Post
    I've seen threads like this go this way many times, it's hardly because of the title. It's the subject.
    I do agree that it is the subject, we all have different views on why he should or shouldn't be impeached.
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

    "You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #492  

    Default Re: Should Obama be impeached?

    Even more questionable actions in the current administration, from the article

    My friend Andrew Malcolm over at Investors Business Daily asks a very good question, "Why are the feds loading up on so much ammo?"

    Andrew is not a conspiracy theorist, although he acknowledges the actions on the part of the Obama administration feeds "all sorts of conspiracy theories, mainly centered on federal anticipation of some kind of domestic insurrection."

    Malcolm's headline question is legitimate and the longer the Obama administration refuses to address it in a transparent manner, the more theories will be hatched.

    Perhaps we should all be stockpiling ammunition.


    Wake up America: A Legitimate Question About Why The Feds Are Stocking Up With So Much Ammunition
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

    "You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"
  18. #493  

    Default Re: Should Obama be impeached?

    Quote Originally Posted by Live2ride883 View Post
    I do agree that it is the subject, we all have different views on why he should or shouldn't be impeached.
    Plus it always tends to just get heated. It can never stay calm, somehow it always becomes a war of opinions.

    This is from me, on my EVO 3D.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #494  

    Default Re: Should Obama be impeached?

    I think its partially due to the divisive nature of this administration.


    divisive
    /diˈvīsiv/
    Adjective
    Tending to cause disagreement or hostility between people.
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

    "You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"
  20. #495  

    Default Re: Should Obama be impeached?

    Quote Originally Posted by Live2ride883 View Post
    I think its partially due to the divisive nature of this administration.


    divisive
    /diˈvīsiv/
    Adjective
    Tending to cause disagreement or hostility between people.
    Yup, definitely hostility.
  21. #496  

    Default Re: Should Obama be impeached?

    Discussions like these only get hostile when they're between people who cannot listen to or accept any opinions other than their own. Some of us have contributed to the thread without any hostility at all. If you see my previous post, I said that the thread title seemed as though this thread could be fueled a little by hate because there are no concrete facts proven that that the President has committed any crimes to warrant impeachment. But we cleared up the fact that Live2ride883 said that there are some actions by the President that he feels could be further investigated. I think there is nothing wrong with that and that is a fair statement. All I can do is speak for me and it's a lot easier to understand where he's coming from now that he put it in a different way. For me, I think the title is the reason the thread went the way it did but I believe it's back on track now if someone looking in will read from about a page or 2 back until now.

    My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch
    nolittdroid likes this.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #497  

    Default Re: Should Obama be impeached?

    While not directly related to this thread the link below does address the issue of voter fraud during the last election. Which has been brought up in the past.

    The Voter Fraud That
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

    "You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"
  23. #498  

    Default Re: Should Obama be impeached?

    I just read that article and it sounds like pure speculation. I won't get into the voter fraud accusations because there are forever going to be people who think everything is a conspiracy. It was also a coincidence in Bush's run for President that his brother was the Governor of the only state where there needed to be a re-count of votes and magically it ended up in his favor. No one talked about that though. People can build their theories and write articles freely on the Internet, so don't just believe everything you read. This country is starting to become built on nonsense.

    My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch
    Thanked by:
    msndrstood likes this.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #499  

    Default Re: Should Obama be impeached?

    The hanging chad...
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

    "You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"
  25. #500  
    rexxman's Avatar

    Posts
    195 Posts
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts

    Default Re: Should Obama be impeached?

    Answer NO. If, and when, he does something impeachable, YES.

    Honestly, I think all this, and other talk about removing Obama, is just sour grapes.

    Birthers, impeach, treason, "liar", insults, inactive Congress, etc. etc. etc....

    Stop already. There is work to be done, a country to govern, issues to address. Putting America into paralysis while pursuing that which wasn't achieved at the ballot box puts America in peril.

    Blue 32gb Galaxy S3
    Thanked by 4:
    makaroni, msndrstood and Mercury81 like this.
Page 20 of 76 FirstFirst ... 17181920212223 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-21-2010, 09:22 PM
  2. Should I be upset about this dirt under my screen.
    By rem_kujawa in forum HTC EVO 4G
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 07-06-2010, 08:12 PM
  3. Should I be disappointed? Screen color availability!
    By TREOpalooza in forum HTC EVO 4G
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-31-2010, 01:56 PM
  4. Should GMail be telling me how many new?
    By dgalanter in forum Verizon Droid Incredible
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-09-2010, 04:46 PM
  5. Should I be worried about the LED?
    By solideliquid in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-28-2010, 09:30 PM

Posting Permissions