07-15-2014 12:26 PM
- 02-07-2013 08:10 PM
Reasonable people suspect deep-seated hate during and after this President's re-election. And considering that your type of "protest" - those based on misinformation and fear campaigns - exactly like those which began 19 DAYS after Obama's first inauguration, sleazy is the word that comes to mind.02-08-2013 05:42 AM
- ^^^^ Exactly! I agree 100% with above post. We listened and read your reasoning as to why you started this thread. Educated people listen before they reply in a debate or discussion. And from reading, you have nothing credible to go by. That's why we call this thread a fantasy. It sounds more so fueled by personal reasons or beliefs why anyone who has posted in favor of "SHOULD" the President be impeached has done so. Not because of valid reasoning or concrete proof, because if there were any... the Government would be trying to put possible Impeachment into action. We're saying no one liked this guy from day one and your reasoning may not be race but a lot of people's reason is. Without concrete facts, it's like you're just wasting Oxygen. No one who has posted in this thread saying they think the President "SHOULD" be impeached, has posted any solid reasons why it may be warranted because there aren't any. No one is insulting or bashing your opinion. If you feel the President should be impeached then fine, I applaud you for sticking to your guns and what you believe but just don't let your decisions be based on blogs or hyped up media stories written or reported by people who don't like the guy already because they're obviously not gonna say nice things. Develop your opinion from facts. That's all.
My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch02-08-2013 07:35 AM
- After Benghazi, fast & furious, and now this Court to Obama: What Part of. We know that Obama likes to overstep his executive powers. Let alone adding 6 trillion dollars to the national debt in less than 4 years. This isn't even including the questionable executive decisions he signed earlier this month surrounding gun control. This is not intended to be a "pres so & so did this and another did that." What I would like it to be is an organized discussion on current events.
Yes, I believe he should be impeached, this is not the first time he has over stepped his power and I do not think it will be the last.
For clarification I am adding an additional link that addresses the concerns of Carolinadroid.
Wake up America: Federal Appeals Court Rules Obama's Recess Appointments Were Illegal And Unconstitutional
While I am certain this member will point out this is just an another "blog" he will find the actual ruling embedded at the bottom.
Bill Clinton, 42nd President of the United States, was impeached by the House of Representatives on two charges, one of perjury and one of obstruction of justice, on December 19, 1998. Two other impeachment articles, a second perjury charge and a charge of abuse of power, failed in the House. The charges arose from the Lewinsky scandal and the Paula Jones lawsuit.
He was acquitted by the Senate on February 12, 1999. Requiring a two-thirds majority for a conviction, only 50 senators (out of 100) voted guilty on the obstruction charge and 45 on the perjury charge. The Senate was 17 votes short of removing Clinton from office .
The voting in the House and Senate was largely partisan. In the House, only five Democratic Representatives voted to impeach. In the Senate, which had 55 Republican Senators, none of the Democratic Senators voted for conviction. It was only the second impeachment of a President in American history, the other being that of Andrew Johnson, who was also acquitted by the Senate, but by the margin of one vote.
Impeachment of Bill Clinton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia02-08-2013 09:35 AM
"Who determines this nebulous definition of what is "constitutional" in this every-man-for-himself world? You? Who?"
Now let's simply replace the word constitutional with the word treasonous.
This is why we have a 14th amendment....02-08-2013 10:54 AM
My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch02-08-2013 11:02 AM
- I see the example of how the process can be started. I actually just learned something from that as well so thank you for that post. So if I understand correctly, you're basically saying that Obama has committed either an act of perjury, obstruction of justice, or abuse of power in some way that you believe the government should consider the thought of impeachment?
My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch
I believe there is enough information to at least warrant further investigation.02-08-2013 11:19 AM
- Mostly the cover ups after Benghazi, fast & furious, and now the court ruling his recess appointments as unconstitutional. Both holder and Obama, and even Hillary should be held accountable for any and all criminal activity. Look at the way Holder is scrambling to prevent fast and furious documents from being used in several court cases. Look how fast Obama acted to seal some of those same documents.
I believe there is enough information to at least warrant further investigation.
My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch02-08-2013 11:53 AM
- NOW we're getting somewhere. When you make statements like that and say "I believe there is enough information to at least warrant further investigation", it sounds so much better because our justice system is based upon "Innocent until proven guilty". The way this thread started it sounded like you were saying that The President was convicted of some sort of crime and should be impeached. Now had this further investigation taken place already, and it wasn't looking good for him in his defense you could start a thread and say "Should President Obama be impeached?" because then you could have a discussion about the possible outcomes of his court case. It's a lot clearer where you're coming from now but "Should he be impeached" sounded a little bit premature judgemental and that probably stirred up the comments about this thread possibly being fueled slightly by some hate. Further investigation never hurt anybody, I won't say you're wrong for thinking that. I just think that of the president is trying to cover something up, there are a WHOLE LOT more people involved in it than him.He'll just have to take the wrap because he's at the top.
When one starts a thread with such an errant and inflammatory basis, the thread is clearly intended not for "discussion" but to promote a purely partisan point of view which is foreign to the facts of the matter. We can do better than that.02-08-2013 03:08 PM
- Just as in the case of the OP's thread title which includes the phrase "Obama's Forged Documents", the OP is muckraking and presuming the intellect of the reader isn't sufficient to understand that no such documents have been legally determined to have been forged. In fact, the Court has laughed these pitiful cases out the door in the past and, I suspect, will only continue to do so. It takes a dignified person to title a thread truthfully and accurately.
Actually, regardless of the actions of Obama's administration, the OP is perfectly aware that only those actions taken by the President, individually, are subject to being tried as high crimes and misdemeanors for impeachment.
When one starts a thread with such an errant and inflammatory basis, the thread is clearly intended not for "discussion" but to promote a purely partisan point of view which is foreign to the facts of the matter. We can do better than that.
My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch02-08-2013 03:27 PM
- I definitely agree but I think we have a better understanding now in my opinion. It was cool to discuss and understand each other's points. The title of the thread did initially cause this thread to go the way it did.
My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch02-08-2013 04:08 PM
- People are actually waking up to what he is doing to this country, unions are now questioning obama care which unions used to be some of the most vocal supporters of obama care. doctors are folding up their offices and retiring early or going into concierge medicine. In the medical equipment field there are severe layoffs which is going to affect R/D.02-08-2013 09:16 PM
- Even more questionable actions in the current administration, from the article
My friend Andrew Malcolm over at Investors Business Daily asks a very good question, "Why are the feds loading up on so much ammo?"
Andrew is not a conspiracy theorist, although he acknowledges the actions on the part of the Obama administration feeds "all sorts of conspiracy theories, mainly centered on federal anticipation of some kind of domestic insurrection."
Malcolm's headline question is legitimate and the longer the Obama administration refuses to address it in a transparent manner, the more theories will be hatched.
Perhaps we should all be stockpiling ammunition.
Wake up America: A Legitimate Question About Why The Feds Are Stocking Up With So Much Ammunition02-08-2013 09:43 PM
- 02-08-2013 09:59 PM
- Discussions like these only get hostile when they're between people who cannot listen to or accept any opinions other than their own. Some of us have contributed to the thread without any hostility at all. If you see my previous post, I said that the thread title seemed as though this thread could be fueled a little by hate because there are no concrete facts proven that that the President has committed any crimes to warrant impeachment. But we cleared up the fact that Live2ride883 said that there are some actions by the President that he feels could be further investigated. I think there is nothing wrong with that and that is a fair statement. All I can do is speak for me and it's a lot easier to understand where he's coming from now that he put it in a different way. For me, I think the title is the reason the thread went the way it did but I believe it's back on track now if someone looking in will read from about a page or 2 back until now.
My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch02-08-2013 11:11 PM
- I just read that article and it sounds like pure speculation. I won't get into the voter fraud accusations because there are forever going to be people who think everything is a conspiracy. It was also a coincidence in Bush's run for President that his brother was the Governor of the only state where there needed to be a re-count of votes and magically it ended up in his favor. No one talked about that though. People can build their theories and write articles freely on the Internet, so don't just believe everything you read. This country is starting to become built on nonsense.
My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch02-08-2013 11:46 PM
- Answer NO. If, and when, he does something impeachable, YES.
Honestly, I think all this, and other talk about removing Obama, is just sour grapes.
Birthers, impeach, treason, "liar", insults, inactive Congress, etc. etc. etc....
Stop already. There is work to be done, a country to govern, issues to address. Putting America into paralysis while pursuing that which wasn't achieved at the ballot box puts America in peril.
Blue 32gb Galaxy S302-09-2013 11:58 AMLike 4
- By Basis in forum Android GamesReplies: 0Last Post: 07-21-2010, 09:22 PM
- By rem_kujawa in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 53Last Post: 07-06-2010, 08:12 PM
- By TREOpalooza in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 18Last Post: 05-31-2010, 01:56 PM
- By dgalanter in forum Verizon Droid IncredibleReplies: 14Last Post: 05-09-2010, 04:46 PM
- By solideliquid in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 3Last Post: 04-28-2010, 09:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD