Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 525 of 607
Like Tree488Likes
  1. #501  
    Darth Spock's Avatar

    Posts
    5,714 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,753 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

    Default Re: Should Obama be impeached?

    Opinion: Drone Attacks -

    I believe that it is accurate to state that most of the people who agree with drone attacks against terrorists don't understand what drones are, how they're used or what terrorist means. They're not being told about double taps, they're not being told about the massive civilian body counts, the actual international relations and international legal issues, the fact that US citizens are being targeted, etc, etc. They also think of Bin Laden when you say terrorist, not reporters, bloggers or the multitude of others that are in no way a violent threat to anyone.

    Without an accurate and relatively comprehensive contextual understanding of an issue, it is incredibly unfair and comically misleading to base any anlaysis on a survey question of, "Do you agree with using Drone technology in the War on Terror?"
    Live2ride883 likes this.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #502  

    Default Re: Should Obama be impeached?

    Quote Originally Posted by carolinadroid View Post
    Fein? The same stooge of the extremist Heritage Foundation, American Enterprise Institute, and Brookings Institute who stated “The executive branch is a servant of Congress"?
    What are your credentials, that make your opinions so much more accurate on this topic than his?

    Here's a reminder of his that were mentioned on the page.

    Bruce Fein

    Constitutional scholar Bruce Fein
    Bruce Fein is the legal scholar who is best known for having drafted articles of impeachment against former President Bill Clinton for perjury after he lied under oath about having sexual relations with an intern.
    Fein also drafted articles of impeachment against former President George W. Bush and former Vice President **** Cheney. In 2011, he drew up formal articles of impeachment against President Obama for his use of military action against Libya without congressional authorization.
    Fein was a top Justice Department official under the Reagan administration. He graduated with honors from Harvard Law School in 1972. Fein clerked for a prestigious federal court, and has served in top positions in the Office of Legal Counsel and the Office of Legal Policy. He has served as visiting fellow for constitutional studies at the Heritage Foundation, adjunct scholar at the American Enterprise Institute and guest lecturer at the Brookings Institute.
    Fein specializes in constitutional and international law and is a frequent witness before Congress. He is chairman of the American Freedom Agenda, founder of Bruce Fein & Associates Inc. and The Lichfield Group and author of “Constitutional Peril: The Life and Death Struggle for our Constitution and Democracy.”
    As for his political persuasion, Fein told WND, “I criticized Nixon. I criticized Clinton. I criticized Bush and Cheney. I criticize Obama. I don’t have any reluctance because I view myself as an American first.”
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

    "You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"
    xlDeMoNiClx likes this.
  3. #503  

    Default Re: Should Obama be impeached?

    No. Not yet anyway. But like all presidents he should be watched...closely.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Nexus 5/Moto X
    Thanked by:
    Live2ride883 and Darth Spock like this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #504  

    Default Re: Should Obama be impeached?

    Quote Originally Posted by carolinadroid View Post
    Fein? The same stooge of the extremist Heritage Foundation, American Enterprise Institute, and Brookings Institute who stated “The executive branch is a servant of Congress"?
    All you have is one supposed quote that may or may not have been taken out of context, and no link to the article.
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

    "You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"
  5. #505  
    backbeat's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    30 Posts
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

    Default Re: Should Obama be impeached?

    Quote Originally Posted by Live2ride883 View Post
    What are your credentials, that make your opinions so much more accurate on this topic than his?
    I own lots of guns ... ride around on a really gnarly bike ... handing out Flags ... throwing some bones to vets ... finding unsustainable charges to throw at the Democratic President without end ... and I dislocate my shoulder all the time patting myself on the back for it.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #506  

    Default Re: Should Obama be impeached?

    Quote Originally Posted by NothingIsTrue View Post
    Opinion: Drone Attacks -

    I believe that it is accurate to state that most of the people who agree with drone attacks against terrorists don't understand what drones are, how they're used or what terrorist means. They're not being told about double taps, they're not being told about the massive civilian body counts, the actual international relations and international legal issues, the fact that US citizens are being targeted, etc, etc. They also think of Bin Laden when you say terrorist, not reporters, bloggers or the multitude of others that are in no way a violent threat to anyone.

    Without an accurate and relatively comprehensive contextual understanding of an issue, it is incredibly unfair and comically misleading to base any anlaysis on a survey question of, "Do you agree with using Drone technology in the War on Terror?"
    A very interesting graphic addressing drone attacks:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Should Obama be impeached?-45328_376096495830933_829843427_n-1.jpg  
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

    "You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"
    Darth Spock likes this.
  7. #507  
    Kevin O'Quinn's Avatar
    AC Team Emeritus

    Posts
    8,756 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,933 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Should Obama be impeached?

    FWIW I'm not sure opinions can ever be totally accurate.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
    Darth Spock likes this.
  8. #508  
    Darth Spock's Avatar

    Posts
    5,714 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,753 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

    Default Re: Should Obama be impeached?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin O'Quinn View Post
    FWIW I'm not sure opinions can ever be totally accurate.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    My opinions are always accurate until I learn something new :P
  9. #509  
    Darth Spock's Avatar

    Posts
    5,714 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,753 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

    Default Re: Should Obama be impeached?

    A funny argument could be made that our founding father's made it implicitly clear that the rights defined in the bill of rights were endowed by virtue of being human, not by the government of the US or by virtue of being a citizen. Under that logic, perhaps our Constitution should be held to defend all of humanity, meaning due process should apply to enemy combatants as well.

    We have several treaties and UN agreements where we pledged not to use assassination as a lawful method of strategy execution. A HUGE part of our history and global leadership ability came from the appearance of being governed by the rule of law and seeking justice. If we let go of that legacy, the world quickly starts seeing us as a mass of greedy children, willing to do anything to make a buck. That's not the reputation we were building at the beginning; I'm not sure why there isn't resistance to reinforcing that reputation now.
  10. #510  
    Darth Spock's Avatar

    Posts
    5,714 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,753 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

    Default Re: Should Obama be impeached?

    Great News: Our foreign policy is now, "I'll give you something to cry about!!!"

    This 7 word phrase is an obvious improvement over the old 5 word, "Freedom and Justice for All".

    40% increase in policy winning!
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #511  

    Default Re: Should Obama be impeached?

    If the world adopted their own version of our constitution then I'd say go ahead.
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

    "You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"
    Darth Spock likes this.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #512  

    Default Re: Should Obama be impeached?



    The White House admitted today that President Obama made no phone calls–none, zero–on the evening of September 11, 2012, during the seven or eight hours when Americans were being murdered in Benghazi. He didn’t talk to Leon Panetta, or any military personnel, or Hillary Clinton. What was he doing that night? We may never know; perhaps writing the speech that he gave at a campaign event the next day in Las Vegas.

    Information on Benghazi has to be pried out of the administration with a crowbar; Lindsay Graham got the White House to identify the calls that Obama made that night–none–by holding up Chuck Hagel’s confirmation. Graham says he will put a hold on John Brennan, too, until he gets more facts on Benghazi from the stonewalling White House. Good for him.

    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

    "You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"
  13. #513  
    Darth Spock's Avatar

    Posts
    5,714 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,753 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

    Default Re: Should Obama be impeached?

    Honest question: Does that video actually portray your beliefs?
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #514  

    Default Re: Should Obama be impeached?

    Quote Originally Posted by NothingIsTrue View Post
    Honest question: Does that video actually portray your beliefs?
    Did you not see the smiley

    I do agree with parts of it, for example I believe god works in mysterious ways.
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

    "You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"
  15. #515  

    Default Re: Should Obama be impeached?

    Wow..I guess when bush was doing his thing it was all good..reagan too? All presidents do things that some od us dont like but it seems like some of you just hate for nothing..

    relentlessplayer..using the mighty SGH-T889
    Thanked by:
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #516  

    Default Re: Should Obama be impeached?

    Quote Originally Posted by relentlessplayer View Post
    Wow..I guess when bush was doing his thing it was all good..reagan too? All presidents do things that some od us dont like but it seems like some of you just hate for nothing..

    relentlessplayer..using the mighty SGH-T889
    Bush:

    Banned Partial Birth Abortion - by far the most significant roll-back of abortion on demand since Roe v. Wade. Reversed Clinton's move to strike Reagan's anti-abortion Mexico Policy.
    By Executive Order (EO), reversed Clinton's policy of not requiring parental consent for abortions under the Medical Privacy Act.
    By EO, prohibited federal funds for international family planning groups that provide abortions and related services.
    Passed tough new laws to hold corporate criminals to account as a result of corporate scandals.
    Signed the No Child Left Behind Act, delivering the most dramatic education reforms in a generation (challenging the soft bigotry of low expectations). The very liberal California Teachers union is currently running radio ads against the accountability provisions of this Act Announced "Jobs for the 21st Century," a comprehensive plan to better prepare workers for jobs in the new millennium by strengthening post-secondary education and job training, and by improving high school education. Is working to provide vouchers to low-income students in persistently failing schools to help with costs of attending private schools. (Blocked in the Senate.) Requires annual reading and math tests in grades three through eight. Requires states to participate in the National Assessment of Education Progress, or an equivalent program, to establish a national benchmark for academic performance. Requires school-by-school accountability report cards. Established a $2.4 billion fund to help states implement teacher accountability systems. Increased funding for the Troops-to-Teachers program, which recruits former military personnel to to become teachers.

    Successfully executed two wars in the aftermath of 9/11/01: Afghanistan and Iraq. 50 million people who had lived under tyrannical regimes now live in freedom. Saddam Hussein is now in prison. His two murderous sons are dead. All but a handful of the regime's senior members were killed or captured. Leader by leader and member by member, al Qaida is being hunted down in dozens of countries around the world. Of the senior al Qaida leaders, operational managers, and key facilitators the U.S. Government has been tracking, nearly two-thirds have been taken into custody or killed. The detentions or deaths of senior al Qaida leaders, including Khalid Shaykh Muhammad, the mastermind of 9/11, and Muhammad Atef, Osama bin Laden's second-in-command until his death in late 2001, have been important in the War on Terror. Disarmed Libya of its chemical, nuclear and biological WMD's without bribes or bloodshed.

    Has been one of the strongest, if not THE strongest friend Israel has ever hand in the U.S. presidency.
    Pushed through THREE raises for our military. Increased military pay by more than $1 billion a year.
    Signed the LARGEST nuclear arms reduction in world history with Russia.
    Prohibited putting U.S. troops under U.N. command.
    Killed U.S. involvement in the International Criminal Court.

    The above items are just a few from:

    If you need anything else on Reagan than what I have below, please feel free to ask.

    Ended decades of cold war with the now FORMER Soviet Union.
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

    "You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"
  17. #517  
    Darth Spock's Avatar

    Posts
    5,714 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,753 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

    Default Re: Should Obama be impeached?

    Quote Originally Posted by Live2ride883 View Post
    Did you not see the smiley

    I do agree with parts of it, for example I believe god works in mysterious ways.
    Yes I did miss the smiley, but I was wondering if this was the filter or not.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #518  

    Default Re: Should Obama be impeached?

    Quote Originally Posted by relentlessplayer View Post
    Wow..I guess when bush was doing his thing it was all good..reagan too? All presidents do things that some od us dont like but it seems like some of you just hate for nothing..

    relentlessplayer..using the mighty SGH-T889
    Just in case you want to discuss when Bush was at the end of his 2nd term.
    Don’t just skim over this, read it slowly and let it sink in. If in doubt, check it out.

    The day the democrats took over was not January 22nd 2009, it was actually January 3rd 2007 the day the Democrats took over the House of Representatives and the Senate, at the very start of the 110th Congress.
    The Democrat Party controlled a majority in both chambers for the first time since the end of the 103rd Congress in 1995.
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

    "You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"
  19. #519  
    Darth Spock's Avatar

    Posts
    5,714 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,753 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

    Default Re: Should Obama be impeached?

    Bush Jr was a bad guy, Obama is a bad guy, Bush Sr was a bad guy, Clinton is a bad guy, etc, etc... we vote for whichever pile of steaming trash we feel is less stinky than the other but don't question why they're one of the choices. None of the above ever worked for us, in any way. They work for the people that pay them, which is not us. In the 2012 election .000042%, OR 132 AMERICANS, donated 60% of all SUPERPAC funds. That is roughly 1 out of every 2,380,980 Americans that got to pick which candidates the other 2.38 million people, per super donate king, who would then go choose between.

    This is evidence of WHY the election was so close, in terms of national popular vote. We focused on social issues, and barely paid lip service to real economic or foreign policy reform. This is because, as we glimpsed in the final debate, Romney and Obama have the exact same economic and foreign policy positions, and thus would make for a very uninteresting debate. Surprise! Neither of these candidates is Thomas Jefferson.

    Both support: wars of aggression, the war on drugs, the legal(?) theft and hyper-inflation caused by the Federal Reserve Banks and their partners, big oil and the Patriot Act.

    They simply frame these beliefs in different words, because we are eager to align their words to our beliefs and think that they stand for us.

    In truth, no matter which candidate you choose from, once the 132 have made their choices... you are getting a banker backed, oil sucking globalist who values the profits of their like-minded millionaire friends above the liberties of their people, and or any possibility of correlation between work and results. If you think they're on your side, ask for their help (as individuals, not the government) to start your "small business" that directly competes with Walmart.

    Not only will they recognize that you have a snowball's chance in Texas of being open for a year without bankruptcy, they actually do not want you to compete with Walmart, because in their mind, Walmart is the good guy. (Couch this in the fact that Obama does support the employees of Walmart, to bring them up from approximately 1/4 of the average national wage to approximately 3/5 of it... this doesn't mean he wants Walmart to pay 5/5 or better and/or to lose any of it's profitability).

    Based on the impossibility of a popular backed candidate with positions contrary to those of Big Business, who actually takes a stand on issues central to the direction and future of the country, I, for one, support all efforts to take big money out of politics.

    Whether you get a republican, democrat or Rastafarian, if it's one of the "mainstream" candidates, they're going to do exactly what the puppeteers want and it's all the same to me. I don't care what "party" you're in, because supporting either is supporting a lie. We're stuck trying to figure out which one is lying less, when in reality they are both completely full of it and should be ignored and replaced with people who are there to improve the lives of Americans and defend the rights of Americans.

    It's ok to disagree with your "side", especially when your side is lying to you and wants to hurt you.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #520  

    Default Re: Should Obama be impeached?

    Great discussion between Lou Dobbs and Megan Kelly on Obama's unconstitutional recess appointments.




    I know the title is inflammatory, and I apologize for that, but I just copied the link over.

    I would like to begin a discussion concerning Sharon Black and Richard Griffin. Specifically if you think it is right that they be allowed to be renominated by Obama for the positions they have held illegally according to the most recent ruling. Please keep in mind that the board has made 26 decisions since the recess appointments were declared unconstitutional when you consider your response. Please keep it clean, respectful and above all else respectful.

    If the supreme court upholds the lower courts decision and rules the appointments are unconstitutional then all of the 200+ decisions prior to the courts ruling will have to be revoked, as well as the 26 I mentioned earlier.

    If the supreme court over turns the lower courts decision then everything just keeps going like it is.

    As of this broadcast, there has been no appeal filed.

    The lower court I mentioned is the court of appeals for the D.C. circuit, which is one step down from SCOTUS.
    Last edited by Live2ride883; 02-15-2013 at 10:12 PM.
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

    "You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"
  21. #521  
    Darth Spock's Avatar

    Posts
    5,714 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,753 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

    Default Re: Should Obama be impeached?

    I'm not sure what the issue is. The court told the President that the appointments were invalid because the process was not followed, so now he's attempting to nominate them through the correct process. Am I missing something? It seems like that's exactly what everyone wanted him to do.
    Thanked by:
    nolittdroid likes this.
  22. #522  
    Darth Spock's Avatar

    Posts
    5,714 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,753 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

    Default Re: Should Obama be impeached?

    The ruling doesn't seem to imply that these two appointees are ineligible, just that they were not confirmed in the correct way. I somewhat think that they should stop making additional decisions until this is sorted out, but is there any actual reason to think they wouldn't be confirmed? Also, supposing that either the appeal is not successful and the SCOTUS says that the ruling all are voided, and they are confirmed or anyone else is confirmed, wouldn't their first order of business be to go reaffirm and legally remake all of the prior decisions? Is there anything about any of the decisions that would make this unlikely?
    Thanked by:
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #523  

    Default Re: Should Obama be impeached?

    Quote Originally Posted by NothingIsTrue View Post
    The ruling doesn't seem to imply that these two appointees are ineligible, just that they were not confirmed in the correct way. I somewhat think that they should stop making additional decisions until this is sorted out, but is there any actual reason to think they wouldn't be confirmed? Also, supposing that either the appeal is not successful and the SCOTUS says that the ruling all are voided, and they are confirmed or anyone else is confirmed, wouldn't their first order of business be to go reaffirm and legally remake all of the prior decisions? Is there anything about any of the decisions that would make this unlikely?
    As far as I know there is nothing that says they are legally prohibited from being renominated. However the fact that these 2 people kept doing the job even after the lower court stated they were performing the job without the approval of congress.

    I guess my question is more of a morality one than legal or factual. These board members have already shown that they don't think the courts decision doesn't apply to them by continuing to make unconstitutional rulings. Do you think they should be allowed to serve on the labor relations board, or even be nominated. Personally I think they should remove themselves for consideration, because of the above actions.

    As a secondary conversation, why didn't Obama just go thru the correct nomination procedure with their initial confirmation?
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

    "You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"
    Darth Spock likes this.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #524  

    Default Re: Should Obama be impeached?

    Due to the illegal actions, both by these individuals and the president. Have they themselves either tainted the process or been tainted by it that they should either remove themselves for consideration, or be removed from consideration.

    ------------

    If Obama had went thru the proper procedure to nominate these individuals, it is possible that they would not have been approved. Which may have drastically altered the outcome of the hearings so far.
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

    "You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"
  25. #525  
    Darth Spock's Avatar

    Posts
    5,714 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,753 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

    Default Re: Should Obama be impeached?

    So I agree that decisions made since the hearing are definitely suspect, however to be reasonable these two are probably receiving direction from their boss to continue business as usual while the appeal is pending. That is normal procedure in many civil trials absent an injunction specified by the judge. The ones prior to the decision we have to assume were made in full good faith until such a time that the SCOTUS states otherwise. It is true that should the proper procedure have been followed, one or both may not have been confirmed, however I don't think that should alter whether or not they are eligible to be considered today.

    Realistically, the procedure that was followed was identical to all such appointments over the past 14 years, which means either all 3 presidents were breaking the law and we only called one of them on it, or the interpretation of the law just changed this time around. Either way that's pretty unacceptable, but it doesn't excuse any actions if any of those presidents knew the action to be illegal when doing so.

    Whomever is ultimately appointed will probably have to revisit all of the decisions again unless it is the same two people and no court throws out any of the decisions. Additionally, whomever is ultimately appointed will still be someone chosen by the President and will likely have a similar frame of reference in their operations, resulting in the reaffirmation of any and all decisions that are either invalidated or in question.

    The President's actions in this case are questionable, however the actions of the staff who are doing their job to the best of their ability in a very confusing environment I would have to pardon as long as there is no evidence that they are not operating in good faith. Assuming they should stop doing their job because someone not above them wants them to is like saying that Samsung should stop making phones because Apple wants them to, despite no one ever ordering that they cease production or sale. It's kind of a cart before the horse thing to say they should stop without any direction to do so, especially with pending litigation.
    Thanked by:
    Live2ride883 likes this.
Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-21-2010, 09:22 PM
  2. Should I be upset about this dirt under my screen.
    By rem_kujawa in forum HTC EVO 4G
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 07-06-2010, 08:12 PM
  3. Should I be disappointed? Screen color availability!
    By androidpalooza in forum HTC EVO 4G
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-31-2010, 01:56 PM
  4. Should GMail be telling me how many new?
    By dgalanter in forum Verizon Droid Incredible
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-09-2010, 04:46 PM
  5. Should I be worried about the LED?
    By solideliquid in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-28-2010, 09:30 PM

Posting Permissions

B