Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 19202122232425 LastLast
Like Tree488Likes

Global Posts
    5,712 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Default Re: Should Obama be impeached?

If your company was being sued by a competitor because they found the way that you were hired to be illegal, but you and your boss both disagreed, and there was a pending appeal on the matter.. it would be unreasonable for anyone to assume you would quit your job prior to the resolution of the litigation. Otherwise, I'd sue my competitor every time they hired a well qualified applicant just to make sure I could stay ahead of the market pool. If I knew they'd throw in the towel and quit just because I threatened them, hands down the right move from a business standpoint. Of course, then they'd start doing that to my applicants, etc... dumb idea.

Morally and legally I don't give a damn what my competitor thinks until a judge asks me to take action or we meet a middle ground and can reach a compromise or settlement.
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Live2ride883 View Post
    The above items are just a few from:
    Curiously, you neglected to include Bush Approves Direct Funding Of Hamas (According to Live2Ride's Blatant Lie Erroneous Definition Of The Palestinian Authority (Fatah) In The West Bank)
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #528  

Quote Originally Posted by NothingIsTrue View Post
    So I agree that decisions made since the hearing are definitely suspect, however to be reasonable these two are probably receiving direction from their boss to continue business as usual while the appeal is pending. That is normal procedure in many civil trials absent an injunction specified by the judge. The ones prior to the decision we have to assume were made in full good faith until such a time that the SCOTUS states otherwise. It is true that should the proper procedure have been followed, one or both may not have been confirmed, however I don't think that should alter whether or not they are eligible to be considered today.

Realistically, the procedure that was followed was identical to all such appointments over the past 14 years, which means either all 3 presidents were breaking the law and we only called one of them on it, or the interpretation of the law just changed this time around. Either way that's pretty unacceptable, but it doesn't excuse any actions if any of those presidents knew the action to be illegal when doing so.

Whomever is ultimately appointed will probably have to revisit all of the decisions again unless it is the same two people and no court throws out any of the decisions. Additionally, whomever is ultimately appointed will still be someone chosen by the President and will likely have a similar frame of reference in their operations, resulting in the reaffirmation of any and all decisions that are either invalidated or in question.

The President's actions in this case are questionable, however the actions of the staff who are doing their job to the best of their ability in a very confusing environment I would have to pardon as long as there is no evidence that they are not operating in good faith. Assuming they should stop doing their job because someone not above them wants them to is like saying that Samsung should stop making phones because Apple wants them to, despite no one ever ordering that they cease production or sale. It's kind of a cart before the horse thing to say they should stop without any direction to do so, especially with pending litigation.
    I definitely think that they should have stopped after the ruling, the fact that they have continued even after the courts have said they were there illegally. It doesn't matter if it was their choice or the presidents direction the law was being broke. There also needs to be some type of sanction, or penalty for breaking that law. as there should have been for others in this same situation.

This is the kind of constructive conversation that places like this are supposed to be like.
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #529  

This was addressed in another post...

Edited.....
    Last edited by Live2ride883; 02-16-2013 at 07:52 AM.
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Pro forma sessions, whereby a single (GOP, in this case) Senator shows up daily during what is effectively a 3-5 week recess, bangs a gavel in an empty Senate chamber does not relieve the Senate of its Constitutional obligation to vote and confirm nominees. This is the crux of this hilarious non-issue.
    Thanked by:
    msndrstood likes this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #531  

Quote Originally Posted by carolinadroid View Post
    Pro forma sessions, whereby a single (GOP, in this case) Senator shows up daily during what is effectively a 3-5 week recess, bangs a gavel in an empty Senate chamber does not relieve the Senate of its Constitutional obligation to vote and confirm nominees. This is the crux of this hilarious non-issue.

pro forma session - From the Latin, meaning “as a matter of form,” a pro forma session is a brief meeting of the Senate (sometimes only a few minutes in duration).

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #532  

Update: House Democrats seem to disagree with Obama. They held a press conference calling on Republicans to come back to Washington and join them in working on the conference committee for the extenders package. That’s some recess going on there.

Also see:
    Page 1 and 2

8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #533  

Update: House Democrats seem to disagree with Obama. They held a press conference calling on Republicans to come back to Washington and join them in working on the conference committee for the extenders package. That’s some recess going on there.

Also see:
    Page 1 and 2

Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

pro forma session - From the Latin, meaning “as a matter of form,” a pro forma session is a brief meeting of the Senate (sometimes only a few minutes in duration).

Class dismissed.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #535  

There is NO room for argument here, his recess appointments are unconstitutional.
    a pro forma session is a brief meeting of the Senate.

Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Mixing apples and oranges.

Also see:
    Page 1 and 2
    CRS does not exist to provide legal precedent nor define, in legal terms, the issue at hand.

Would you have anything to say at all if copy/paste were not available to you?
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

There is NO room for argument here, his recess appointments are unconstitutional.
    a pro forma session is a brief meeting of the Senate.
    It's a brief meeting according to a broad guideline reference. In these cases, it is exactly as I described. Will you continue to spread the same minutia when the SCOTUS reverses the lower court's ruling? Yes or No.

You're almost as humorous as droidmyme.

Global Posts
    293 Global Posts

Sent from my HTC One V using Android Central Forums
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #539  

Quote Originally Posted by carolinadroid View Post
    It's a brief meeting according to a broad guideline reference. In these cases, it is exactly as I described. Will you continue to spread the same minutia when the SCOTUS reverses the lower court's ruling? Yes or No.

You're almost as humorous as droidmyme.
    As it stands the recess appointments are unconstitutional, the administration has not submitted an appeal.

Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

As it stands the recess appointments are unconstitutional, the administration has not submitted an appeal.
    No. As it stands, there is a lower court ruling. This does not exhaust the judicial process. Or are you still claiming the ACA is "unconstitutional" as well due to a poor circuit court's ruling?
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #541  

From a previous post.

The lower court I mentioned is the court of appeals for the D.C. circuit, which is one step down from SCOTUS.

Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

From a previous post.

The lower court I mentioned is the court of appeals for the D.C. circuit, which is one step down from SCOTUS.
    Good for you. That, indeed, is the pecking order.

Global Posts
    5,712 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

I'm not totally buying it. Assuming you and your boss think you were hired legally, you're saying you would quit your job if a competitor threatened to file suit against your boss regarding some aspect of your employment? Before any judge orders any such action? While there is pending litigation?

Global Posts
    5,712 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

These two nominees are in a sticky place. Until litigation is complete or settled: They can either resign or refuse to work, in which case legally they are both correct and incorrect and morally, assuming this goes against their conscience, they are wrong, as this is a betrayal of their oath of office. Or they can remain in the position, in which case legally they are both correct and incorrect and morally, under the same assumption, they are doing what they must do in good faith in order to fulfill their oath of office.

Were it me, if I believed I was doing the right thing, there is no way I would ever resign without a court order to do so and no way I would refuse to work unless there was an injunction stating to cease further efforts pending trail outcome. Doing either betrays their conscience and thus betrays us, as there is no legal cause for them to cease production.

Again, this all assumes that they believe they are doing the right thing. Your opposition disagreeing with you doesn't make them right or you wrong just by virtue of the disagreement. Obviously there is a disagreement or there wouldn't be litigation at all.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #545  

President Harrison J. Bounel

Who is Harrison J. Bounel? According to the 2009 tax return submitted by President Barack Obama, he’s the President of the United States. All nine U.S. Supreme Court Justices are scheduled to discuss this anomaly today, 2/15.13
    The case in question is Edward Noonan, et al v. Deborah Bowen, California Secretary of State, and the Justices are finally looking at it thanks to the dogged determination of Orly Taitz. The case calls into question many of the documents Obama (Bounel, Soetoro, Soebarkah, etc.) has used and/or released as authentic since he came on the national scene. The case contends that the documents — birth certificate, Social Security number, Selective Service registration, etc. — are fakes or forgeries. If that’s the case, Obama should not have been on the California ballot in 2008 and, therefore, should not have received the State’s electoral votes.
    Four of the nine Justices must vote to move the case forward. We’ll see.

Meantime, on Feb. 4, Kathleen O’Leary, presiding judge of the 4th District Court of Appeal, reinstated the appeal of Taitz v. Obama et al filed by Taitz when she ran for Senate. That case involves evidence of 1.5 million invalid voter registrations in the State of California. The appeal also involves Obama’s lack of legitimacy to hold the office of President based on his forged IDs, stolen Connecticut Social Security number, the fact the last name he’s using is not legally his and his fraudulent claim to be the U.S. citizen.

Evidence in the case includes:
    A certified copy of the passport records of Obama’s mother, Stanley Ann Dunham, showing her son’s legal last name to be Soebarkah, not Obama.

Obama’s school records from Indonesia, showing his citizenship to be Indonesian.

Sworn affidavits of top law enforcement experts and investigators, showing Obama’s birth certificate and Selective Service certificate are forgeries and that the Social Security number used by Obama on his 2009 tax returns as posted on WhiteHouse.gov was fraudulent. (The SSN failed when checked through both E-Verify and the Social Security Number Verification Service.)

On another legal front, Obama defaulted in the case of Grinols et al v. Obama et al on Jan. 30 when he failed to file a response within 21 days of being served notice of the suit. This case also involves Obama’s phony SSN.

The suit states:
    [I]nvestigator Albert Hendershot found in the database ofhttp://www.acxiom.com/identity-solutions/acxiom-identity-batch-solutions/ the name of the individual whose Social Security Obama is using. Acxciom-batch-solutions showed (Exhibit 1) that Harry J Bounel with the same Social Security number xxx-xx-4425 at 5046 S Greenwood Ave in Chicago, home address of Barack Obama, Database shows Bounel with the same address and Social Security number as Barack Obama himself. According to the databases last changes to the information on Harrison (Harry) J Bounel were made in and around November 2009 by Michelle Obama, who is listed as Bounel’s relative. Database changes can involve entering the information or deletion of information. It appears that changes made by relative Michelle Obama included deletion of information, which was done at a time when Taitz brought to Federal court in the Central District of California before Judge David O. Carter a case of election challenge by her client, former U.S. ambassador Dr. Alan Keyes and 40 state Representatives and high ranked members of the U.S. Military.

Recently obtained results of the 1940 census, Exhibit 2, provided the last missing link, link (sic) between Harry J. Bounel and the date of birth of 1890. Exhibit 2 shows the printout of the U.S. census, showing Harry J Bounel, immigrant from Russia, residing at 915 Daly Ave, Bronx, NY, age 50 during the 1940 census, meaning he was born in 1890, as shown in the affidavit of Investigators Daniels and Sankey.

There is a pattern of Obstruction of Justice and tampering with the official records and falsification/forgery of the official records related to Obama. This happens in particular when [George W.] Bush employees leave their positions and are replaced by Obama appointees.

Taitz has asked for expedited default judgment and post judgment discovery in this case out of fear that any records on hand at the Social Security office will be destroyed when George W. Bush-appointed Commissioner Michael Astrue leaves office in February. Records that might have proven Obama’s Selective Service registration was a forgery were destroyed in 2009 after Bush-appointed Selective Service Director William Chatfield resigned, Taitz alleges.

The decision of the Supreme Court will be released on Tuesday.

Source:

Global Posts
    5,712 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

A few questions:

1. How much of this do you believe to be factual information? Perhaps not only the specific words, but the context the words convey.
    2. Do things like, "The articles posted represent only the opinion of the writers, do not necessarily represent the opinion of Dr. Taitz, Esq.
    Dr. Taitz, Esq. has no means of checking the veracity of all the claims and allegations in the articles
    ." and "World's Leading Obama Eligibility Challenge Web Site" imply that this person supports accurate information?
    3. It is widely believed that all of the birther, other, etc. theorist movements are largely money making schemes and fear mongering aimed at mobilizing a substantial portion of the poorly educated. Why does a multi-millionaire need donations from poor people?
    4. Orly Taitz has been repeatedly laughed out of court rooms, fined, sanctioned and was nearly disbarred. This is happening because she does not use facts, does not follow legal procedures and because her theories and legal arguments are insane. Can we trust anything a lunatic says?

Look, I'm not saying whether or not the President is eligible or not, because I don't know. I suspect he is, because there is a ridiculously thorough vetting process, but it's not impossible for something to slip through the cracks. The bottom line is that this is a credibility issue. If a sane news organization was writing about a sane attorney filing suit based on evidence, yes relevant... otherwise this is the same lunatic fringe stuff that makes it really hard to hear the sane conservative positions. The 11% of the fringe that speak so loudly that they drown out the rest of the party need to be ignored, their positions debunked for the lunacy that they are, so that we can move on to actually important and productive dialogue.
    nolittdroid likes this.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #547  

I was just relaying the information as it came out. I offered no opinion, there was no bashing etc.

As ,to what I believe as far as the truth behind this I think there is too much information that he has hidden on everything from his past. I do not believe he has been properly vetted. That's what this is about. Getting to the information, trying to find out why its all been hidden away from the public. I have a healthy distrust of any government official that hides so much of his life from the people he serves.

I just think the truth needs to come out, once and for all so either way it ends.

Darth Spock likes this.

Global Posts
    5,712 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

I get that and I agree that transparency is sorely needed. I do not personally understand why there is a push for secrecy in any public official's official records. School records, off limits. Medical records, off limits. Just about everything else is fair game in my opinion. The real point of what I am trying to convey is that bringing someone like Orly Taitz into the conversation hurts your ability to be heard and understood. It'd be like if I was trying to use Michael Moore as a source of information, rather than a character in a money making entertainment venture. Actually, it's worse than that. It's more like bringing in Kermit the Frog as an expert witness and ignoring the fact that a billionaire literally has his hand up the frog's rear end and is controlling the mouth and voice. Probably the most accurate analogy ever.
    Live2ride883 likes this.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #549  

Quote Originally Posted by NothingIsTrue View Post
    I get that and I agree that transparency is sorely needed. I do not personally understand why there is a push for secrecy in any public official's official records. School records, off limits. Medical records, off limits. Just about everything else is fair game in my opinion. The real point of what I am trying to convey is that bringing someone like Orly Taitz into the conversation hurts your ability to be heard and understood. It'd be like if I was trying to use Michael Moore as a source of information, rather than a character in a money making entertainment venture. Actually, it's worse than that. It's more like bringing in Kermit the Frog as an expert witness and ignoring the fact that a billionaire literally has his hand up the frog's rear end and is controlling the mouth and voice. Probably the most accurate analogy ever.
    I also think that the lack of information and transparency feeds a lot of the conspiracy theories out there.

I do not think school records should be off limits.

Thanked by:
    Darth Spock likes this.

Global Posts
    5,712 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

I also think that the lack of information and transparency feeds a lot of the conspiracy theories out there.

I do not think school records should be off limits.
    I think transcripts should be off limit, as well as any private information, such as health, housing, student loans, etc. I'd be fine with dates attended, GPA, graduation date, class rank & degree(s) received being public information.
    Live2ride883 likes this.