Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 35 of 76 FirstFirst ... 32333435363738 ... LastLast
Like Tree1014Likes

Default Re: Delay Obamacare?

Quote Originally Posted by cdmjlt369 View Post
    There is a difference. When people are driving a car, that interaction is a probable risk to other people and their property.

Sent from a device that supports the proposed 28th amendment
    And so far its caused far more people to lose coverage than gain coverage, and those were the ones paying for insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    Ever since Republican Joe Wilson stood up at Obama's State of the Union address and called him a liar, it's been the theme of the right, and it's not working. He got relected. People aren't buying it. He lied about where he was born. He lied about his birth certificate. He lied about being a Christian. He lied about Benghazi. He lied about heathcare...and so on and so on.

You better get involved now with your local GOP or Tea Party and come up with a different theme or else you're going to get 4 years of Hillary right after Obama.
    Its on tape...multiple times, many different media outlets.

Banned

It was obviously a misstatement, not a "pure bald faced lie"
    Then you must also think George Sr's "Read My Lips" quote was a misstatement too, right?

Signatures, shmignatures...
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Viper

Ever since Republican Joe Wilson stood up at Obama's State of the Union address and called him a liar, it's been the theme of the right, and it's not working. He got relected. People aren't buying it. He lied about where he was born. He lied about his birth certificate. He lied about being a Christian. He lied about Benghazi. He lied about heathcare...and so on and so on.

You better get involved now with your local GOP or Tea Party and come up with a different theme or else you're going to get 4 years of Hillary right after Obama.
    And Obama is perfect and Hillary is perfect and the Democrats can do no wrong. Right?

You realize that you lower yourself to the level of the people that blindly hate him when you make sweeping generalizations and ignorant comments like this don't you?

The American people may be largely ignorant and stupid, but one thing is certain, when their premiums go up or they are forced to buy something they do not understand, they are going to blame someone. I am not saying they will blame who is actually responsible, but there will be blame. If Americans hate anything, it is taxes. And this might be the largest tax in the country's history. Definitely the largest one on the middle working class. I just hope the people are not too stupid to see through the media barrage to know who to blame.
    Galaxy S3(unlocked on whatever I feel like flashing) ---- Asus Tf300(unlocked on CROMI)
    Htc Rezound(s-off on ViperRez)

Quote Originally Posted by NoYankees44 View Post
    And Obama is perfect and Hillary is perfect and the Democrats can do no wrong. Right?

You realize that you lower yourself to the level of the people that blindly hate him when you make sweeping generalizations and ignorant comments like this don't you?

The American people may be largely ignorant and stupid, but one thing is certain, when their premiums go up or they are forced to buy something they do not understand, they are going to blame someone. I am not saying they will blame who is actually responsible, but there will be blame. If Americans hate anything, it is taxes. And this might be the largest tax in the country's history. Definitely the largest one on the middle working class. I just hope the people are not too stupid to see through the media barrage to know who to blame.
    Of course Obama and Hillary aren't perfect. They're human, just like me and you. I am actually farther left wing than either. I am more of a Michael Moore Democrat.

You may think my statement is ignorant and that's fine. We are on opposite ends of the political spectrum.

Global Posts
    7,079 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Obama and Hillary are both firmly in the corporation party. Obama and Romney are figuratively the same person to me. Both have the exact same amount of honesty and moral character, both work for the exact same people, both care nothing at all for the vast majority of the People they (wanted to) work for. I still find it laughable and exasperating that average people split along the side of either "party" when both parties care not a tick in reciprocation.

To put it plainly: If you are not clearing AT LEAST $5 Million a Year and/or have a job that requires you to show up for work regularly, you are NOT their constituent. If you are like me, run of the mill average citizen, they, both parties, hate you. It doesn't matter if you're middle class, working class or indigent. It doesn't matter if you're black, white or martian. It doesn't matter if you're straight, gay, Christian, Buddhist, Native American, immigrant (legal or not), smart, stupid, silly, do drugs, don't do drugs, no one cares. They. Hate. You. Their strategy is distract (bloodsports, reality TV, drama news, polarization), divide and stomp on. Except they have us BEGGING for the distract and doing the divide ourselves, as we look for reasons to segment ourselves and hate all with differences, real or imagined.

Neither is worth giving the time of day to, and I cannot emphasize enough that neither is worth lying and spreading propaganda for. No matter what you call this den of lions... dem, pub, tea hatter, green, whatever... they're all the exact same group paying each other with the exact same money from the exact same donors (employers).
    Thanked by 2:
    cdmjlt369 likes this.
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NothingIsTrue View Post
    Obama and Hillary are both firmly in the corporation party. Obama and Romney are figuratively the same person to me. Both have the exact same amount of honesty and moral character, both work for the exact same people, both care nothing at all for the vast majority of the People they (wanted to) work for. I still find it laughable and exasperating that average people split along the side of either "party" when both parties care not a tick in reciprocation.

To put it plainly: If you are not clearing AT LEAST $5 Million a Year and/or have a job that requires you to show up for work regularly, you are NOT their constituent. If you are like me, run of the mill average citizen, they, both parties, hate you. It doesn't matter if you're middle class, working class or indigent. It doesn't matter if you're black, white or martian. It doesn't matter if you're straight, gay, Christian, Buddhist, Native American, immigrant (legal or not), smart, stupid, silly, do drugs, don't do drugs, no one cares. They. Hate. You. Their strategy is distract (bloodsports, reality TV, drama news, polarization), divide and stomp on. Except they have us BEGGING for the distract and doing the divide ourselves, as we look for reasons to segment ourselves and hate all with differences, real or imagined.

Neither is worth giving the time of day to, and I cannot emphasize enough that neither is worth lying and spreading propaganda for. No matter what you call this den of lions... dem, pub, tea hatter, green, whatever... they're all the exact same group paying each other with the exact same money from the exact same donors (employers).

Signatures, shmignatures...

Who are you or anyone else to tell me what insurance policy is right for me? And yes, it was a bald faced lie. If it was anyone else, he would have been called on it long ago.

We certainly can tell you when you have an unsatisfactory insurance plan. Who pays for your hospital visit when you are capped out? We do, by way of our higher premiums. Obama didn't lie, but should've qualified his statement by mentioning that you can keep your plan if it meets the law's requirements for coverage.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    7,079 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Quote Originally Posted by gamefreak715 View Post
    Obama didn't lie, but should've qualified his statement by mentioning that you can keep your plan if it meets the law's requirements for coverage.
    In the video that Pappy53 linked (compilation) he did qualify it by saying if you're on your employer's plan, medicare, medicaid or a VA plan, you are not required to change it. That right there eliminates most of the discrepancy, so the rest is only about plans signed after passage due to the nature of grandfathering. That's an obvious one, given that almost everything new that includes grandfathering, stops grandfathering additions upon implementation. That's common sense. Everyone needs to remember that this law was passed 44 months ago, not 2 months from now. Everything that happened after 44 months ago obviously has nothing to do with grandfathered plans on that date.

Should it have been explicitly explained to people not using common sense? Yep, probably. But anyone who thought it through in 2009 and the beginning of 2010 probably has a pretty good clue of what was protected and what was not and took that into account in their voting behavior 32 months later.
    msndrstood likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,180 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by NothingIsTrue View Post
    In the video that Pappy53 linked (compilation) he did qualify it by saying if you're on your employer's plan, medicare, medicaid or a VA plan, you are not required to change it. That right there eliminates most of the discrepancy, so the rest is only about plans signed after passage due to the nature of grandfathering.
    What about the other 28 times that he said it? He lied, plain and simple.
    Banned

Global Posts
    856 Global Posts

The reality is that Barack Obama thinks the American people are idiots. He believes that he can lie then lie about the lie and get away with it. I've never seen a more dishonest politician in my life. This clown sets a new standard for sleeze.

Sent from my LG-D800 using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by 2:
    cdmjlt369 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gamefreak715 View Post
    We certainly can tell you when you have an unsatisfactory insurance plan. Who pays for your hospital visit when you are capped out? We do, by way of our higher premiums. Obama didn't lie, but should've qualified his statement by mentioning that you can keep your plan if it meets the law's requirements for coverage.

He lied. Period means no exceptions. There is no other way to interpret that. Once, maybe lack of focus. Remember, he is speaking publicly, he knew what he was saying, he lied. You really think the ACA is going to make insufficient coverage any better at cheaper rates? There's no way you can insure 30 million more Americans and expect cheaper rates. The ratio of people paying to people qualifying for the free portion under the ACA will not allow the amount of cash flow needed support the program, and guess where they are going to find the money? Higher premiums, higher taxes.

Banned

Global Posts
    2,180 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Obama didn't lie, but should've qualified his statement by mentioning that you can keep your plan if it meets the law's requirements for coverage.
    What part of "period" is it that Democrats don't understand?
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,180 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Okay, Mr. Insurance Company, here's the deal: You are going to remove the pre-existing conditions clause, eliminate lifetime limits, and do this while reducing your premiums. Got it?
    Do liberals REALLY think that is going to work?

Quote Originally Posted by pappy53 View Post
    What part of "period" is it that Democrats don't understand?
    Something's amiss...I didn't originally post what it said I did...lol

Banned

Global Posts
    856 Global Posts

The entire plan is based on an absolutely flawed theory. Provide more people better health care for less money. What kind of moron does it take to believe that is possible??? Oh yeah, the Democrat kind of moron. Democratus Moronus.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,180 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Something's amiss...I didn't originally post what it said I did...lol

Lol, I see that now! It's the "Dem demons" trying to roll you under the bus.

Lol, I see that now! It's the "Dem demons" trying to roll you under the bus.
    Don't want no part of that bus...lol

Quote Originally Posted by jaj324 View Post
    The reality is that Barack Obama thinks the American people are idiots. He believes that he can lie then lie about the lie and get away with it. I've never seen a more dishonest politician in my life. This clown sets a new standard for sleeze.

Sent from my LG-D800 using AC Forums mobile app
    Post reported for Racism. How dare you!

Quote Originally Posted by jaj324 View Post
    The entire plan is based on an absolutely flawed theory. Provide more people better health care for less money. What kind of moron does it take to believe that is possible??? Oh yeah, the Democrat kind of moron. Democratus Moronus.

I can tell you right now from looking at these plans on the exchanges, the ones who need the subsides to pay the premium will still end up in bankruptcy due to the deductible. Some are as high as 10k. WTF good is crippling an industry so people can now file because they can't afford the deductible, which by the way medical offices can't forgive or right off if you call because that is the patients contracted obligation under the terms of their policy.

What about the other 28 times that he said it? He lied, plain and simple.
    If Romney had put a brighter spotlight on Obama's remarks, we might have a President Romney in the White House today.

Global Posts
    7,079 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Quote Originally Posted by Scott7217 View Post
    If Romney had put a brighter spotlight on Obama's remarks, we might have a President Romney in the White House today.
    That's possible, but from demographics it seems unlikely. Are the 5% (up to 5% according to Cantor, haven't fact checked that) both living in swing states and die hard democrats that would have switch to a republican voter on that sole issue? Or would they have not voted (50% as effective)?

The states that ended blue and were within 5% are: CO, FL, OH, and VA. They have 9, 29, 18 and 13 electoral votes, which would be 69 total. So if 100% of the displaced in those states were democrats and all chose to not vote or vote republican, then the total would have been 275 to 263 in Romney's favor. However, given that the demographic of the displaced is typically self employed (kills the idea by itself), middle aged and affluent enough to be able to afford private insurance... winning all 4 of those states seems next to impossible, and not winning a single one of FL, OH and VA nets the result that we got.

Those four states equate to 15% of voters and Romney would have needed a total of between 202,842 to 405,684 people to either not vote or to switch votes from Obama to Romney, all in the right states. For the most part any other action in any other state would be ineffectual except perhaps Pennsylvania. In this election, with Ohio (and a few other critical states, but mostly Ohio) goes the nation. Even though I believe Obama and Romney would behave identically (while speaking differently), unfortunately Romney never had a realistic chance. That's kinda sad.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    7,079 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Not going to lie, sometimes I wish we had the ability to see the actual results of the "what if" game.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Viper

Meh Romney would have needed a better campaign in general. And the Republicans would have had to have rallied behind him sooner and headed off the Obama demonization tactics that he started very early on. By the time the race had really started, Obama had convinced the general public that Romney was a rich old white man that hated everyone. It was an up hill battle from there and Romney 's campaign was not the greatest to begin with.
    Galaxy S3(unlocked on whatever I feel like flashing) ---- Asus Tf300(unlocked on CROMI)
    Htc Rezound(s-off on ViperRez)

Romney won Obama that election with his dumb remarks. Any politician should know that there's always someone listening..

Page 35 of 76 FirstFirst ... 32333435363738 ... LastLast