Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 7 of 76 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree1014Likes

Default Re: Should Obama be impeached?

Wanted to take a minute to say that unfortunately things took a quick turn for the worse in here last night and insults and personal attacks were made that should of never happened. In the process accusations were made that were also uncalled for.

So were aware of things my presence in here is for not only for reading the debate but also for moderating purposes so any further conduct like I mentioned above will not be tolerated. Trust me we are aware of more than meets the eye in here

Carry on. Enjoy your weekend.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
    Darth Spock likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Kearns View Post
    Not many are praising Obama, so you should be good.

Sweetheart? When did we become a couple?
    I don't know you so its either sweethrart or chick either or?? And maybe not where u are from but my neck of the Chicago is pro Obama. Best president we had since Clinton

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Mellimel22 View Post
    I don't know you so its either sweethrart or chick either or??
    I would prefer you referred to another member respectfully by their username.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
    Darth Spock likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Agreed. Doesn't respect generally beget respect?

So I just decided to peek my head through this thread. "Impeached"?? Are you guys serious? George W. Bush left this country in shambles and they let him do 2 terms with all the controversy with his brother and the re count in Florida, the numerous times he ignored CIA Intel on where Bin Laden was or him playing golf while they were trying to inform him on possible terrorist plots on attacks in America, or Him flying Bin Laden's family out of New York when every plane was supposed to be grounded after the World Trade Center attack in New York City, or Putting American Soldiers lives at risk and watching many of them die to go fight a war in Iraq to find Saddam Hussein who still to this day they cannot prove he had any weapons of mass destruction and you want to impeach Obama? Are you people thinking straight? This has got to be a joke! President Obama might not have the highest approval rating but he is definitely trying to help the people who actually keep America running (lower to middle class America). Middle class America bust their behinds to work for major corporations and people who make mega profit yet they still get the least credit. Obama fights so people who hurt themselves don't have to die because the first thing they ask you in the hospital emergency room is" Do you have health coverage?" and if you don't they turn you away. Obama is trying to bring all those brave soldiers who are fighting a war in the middle east for no reason IMO home to their families. Obama went after the man (Osama) that killed thousands of Americans and our military succeeded in removing him and eliminating him as a threat and stopping him from killing any more innocent Americans. I can understand if you don't like Obama and you're a Republican and have different views and want him out of office and I don't think any President will be able to be perfect and please everyone (because that's not humanly possible) but to say "Impeach" is just CRAZY!!! He has done nothing morally questionable or embarrassed himself or America in any way shape or form so How can one with a straight face say "Impeach President Obama"? I'm gonna charge those statements to the inhalation of smog, pollution and any other harmful chemicals we may intake on a daily basis from the environment. SHEESH! I bet whoever wants to impeach Obama must want Donald Trump for President huh

My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch
    Thanked by 4:
    nolittdroid likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serial Fordicator View Post
    A false war both democrats and republicans voted for?
    Voted for with false intelligence at its basis. Intelligence which was founded on the word of a single anti-Saddam dissident. False intelligence which was not revealed as false until years later due to a lap-dog Press. As Powell stated, if you break it, you buy it. Meaning: Once in Iraq, the US had no choice but to complete the job as humanly possible. A reality I have no doubt Bush/Cheney were keenly aware. Of course many do not care to know history well enough to know that Saddam Hussein was the CIA's pal in the 1950s-1980s, without whose assistance, Hussein would not have ascended to power. The Baath party was staunchly anti-Communist.
    Thanked by:
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    I would prefer you referred to another member respectfully by their username.
    I was being a ahole on purpose lol. And I would like it if I had a million bucks THIS SECOND and people get off Obama jock but OBVIOUSLY that's not gonna happen lol. No disrespect involved to anybody

Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Quote Originally Posted by makaroni View Post
    So I just decided to peek my head through this thread. "Impeached"?? Are you guys serious? George W. Bush left this country in shambles and they let him do 2 terms with all the controversy with his brother and the re count in Florida, the numerous times he ignored CIA Intel on where Bin Laden was or him playing golf while they were trying to inform him on possible terrorist plots on attacks in America, or Him flying Bin Laden's family out of New York when every plane was supposed to be grounded after the World Trade Center attack in New York City, or Putting American Soldiers lives at risk and watching many of them die to go fight a war in Iraq to find Saddam Hussein who still to this day they cannot prove he had any weapons of mass destruction and you want to impeach Obama? Are you people thinking straight? This has got to be a joke! President Obama might not have the highest approval rating but he is definitely trying to help the people who actually keep America running (lower to middle class America). Middle class America bust their behinds to work for major corporations and people who make mega profit yet they still get the least credit. Obama fights so people who hurt themselves don't have to die because the first thing they ask you in the hospital emergency room is" Do you have health coverage?" and if you don't they turn you away. Obama is trying to bring all those brave soldiers who are fighting a war in the middle east for no reason IMO home to their families. Obama went after the man (Osama) that killed thousands of Americans and our military succeeded in removing him and eliminating him as a threat and stopping him from killing any more innocent Americans. I can understand if you don't like Obama and you're a Republican and have different views and want him out of office and I don't think any President will be able to be perfect and please everyone (because that's not humanly possible) but to say "Impeach" is just CRAZY!!! He has done nothing morally questionable or embarrassed himself or America in any way shape or form so How can one with a straight face say "Impeach President Obama"? I'm gonna charge those statements to the inhalation of smog, pollution and any other harmful chemicals we may intake on a daily basis from the environment. SHEESH! I bet whoever wants to impeach Obama must want Donald Trump for President huh

We don't agree on much but I cosign this statement 100%

Thanked by:

Seriously, guys? Bush passed legislation like the patriot act, that CLEARLY violates the constitution and jumped on obviously false intelligence to get us into a war with Iraq. I didn't hear a peep from Republicans back then. If Obama had a red elephant painted on his chest yall' wouldn't have any problem with him. Stop watching Fox news and get over the fact that somebody who's not on your team is in the white house. We stomached it for 8 years, now it's your turn.

Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by 3:

Quote Originally Posted by Live2ride883 View Post
    After Benghazi, fast & furious, and now this Court to Obama: What Part of. We know that Obama likes to overstep his executive powers. Let alone adding 6 trillion dollars to the national debt in less than 4 years. This isn't even including the questionable executive decisions he signed earlier this month surrounding gun control. This is not intended to be a "pres so & so did this and another did that." What I would like it to be is an organized discussion on current events.
    ----------------

Yes, I believe he should be impeached, this is not the first time he has over stepped his power and I do not think it will be the last.

For clarification I am adding an additional link that addresses the concerns of Carolinadroid.

Wake up America: Federal Appeals Court Rules Obama's Recess Appointments Were Illegal And Unconstitutional

While I am certain this member will point out this is just an another "blog" he will find the actual ruling embedded at the bottom.
    He is not overstepping his powers at all. It is Congress/Supreme court To regulate all decisions, they need to act to stop this.
    Thanked by:
    Hawnz 
    Hawnz likes this.

Global Posts
    699 Global Posts

Somehow we have forgotten history - by that I mean that we assume that all previous Presidents were saints and no one has ever done questionable things before.

People, learn your history. The President who violated the most constitutional laws and was called a dictator? Abraham Lincoln. Polk's wife was the one who started the tradition of playing "Hail to the Chief" when the President entered a room, because he was such an unimpressive person. Zachary Taylor could have stopped the Civil War, but didn't. Herbert Hoover, through conservative policies, made the Great Depression worse than ever.

Don't believe the rhetoric that "we have the worst President ever". That's easy to spout, but history proves which policies strengthen the country and which ones weaken it. As a general rule, if it benefits a small segment of the population, it's a bad policy; if it benefits a great number of person who would have had no voice otherwise, it strengthens the country. Usually Presidents who strengthen the country are unpopular at the time of their service.

- - - Updated - - -

Somehow we have forgotten history - by that I mean that we assume that all previous Presidents were saints and no one has ever done questionable things before.

People, learn your history. The President who violated the most constitutional laws and was called a dictator? Abraham Lincoln. Polk's wife was the one who started the tradition of playing "Hail to the Chief" when the President entered a room, because he was such an unimpressive person. Zachary Taylor could have stopped the Civil War, but didn't. Herbert Hoover, through conservative policies, made the Great Depression worse than ever.

Don't believe the rhetoric that "we have the worst President ever". That's easy to spout, but history proves which policies strengthen the country and which ones weaken it. As a general rule, if it benefits a small segment of the population, it's a bad policy; if it benefits a great number of persons who would have had no voice otherwise, it strengthens the country. Usually Presidents who strengthen the country are unpopular at the time of their service.

Quote Originally Posted by carolinadroid View Post
    Spew your irrational, unfounded nonsense elsewhere. That is also against forum rules and has nothing to do with this fantasy thread of yours.
    Wow, you sure are easily insulted. He said "for all I know", which means he isn't saying that it's true or untrue, it's not his fault if you let that and everything else that doesn't agree with your own opinions get to you which is what you've been doing this whole thread.
    makaroni likes this.

I respect your opinion, but Bush did pass the Patriot act on a temporary basis that had be revoted on by congress every two years and it passed every two years. Obama signed it Permanently into law when he came in office.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by 2:
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #164  

Quote Originally Posted by dguid12 View Post
    In addition, the judges that ruled against the President were 3 conservatives appointed by Republicans!!
    In response to your post above I propose this link.

Why the GOP won’t challenge vote fraud | Fellowship of the Minds

In the last presidential election the state of Maryland sent over 20 voting machines to the FBI, that were witnessed to have changed votes from Romney, to Obama for further investigation.
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Quote Originally Posted by crackberrytraitor View Post
    Seriously, guys? Bush passed legislation like the patriot act, that CLEARLY violates the constitution and jumped on obviously false intelligence to get us into a war with Iraq. I didn't hear a peep from Republicans back then. If Obama had a red elephant painted on his chest yall' wouldn't have any problem with him. Stop watching Fox news and get over the fact that somebody who's not on your team is in the white house. We stomached it for 8 years, now it's your turn.

Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums
    I see its members on here that sees the grey area also. :beer:

Thanked by:
    makaroni likes this.

And there were voting machines that were accused of changing votes from Obama to Romney. All kinds of new rules trying to hold up voters from voting, misplaced voter registration cards etc. After Obama won they was all kinds of talks about possibly changing the electoral college system. Please! That system has been in place for decades and now because an African American president won his second term and you're upset about it, you want to change the system?? C'mon now! The Republican party is salty and sore losers and can't handle an African American in office. Just give the man a little credit and let him work. We know some of you guys don't like him or don't want him in the White House but "Impeach" is so extreme especially with no solid grounds for impeachment and shows how really selfish you guys are. You don't want him in office... Fine, but he's in there now so you have no choice but to deal with it and move on. Think about the country and not just about yourselves. Obama is out to help the "Average American" and those are the people who need the most help. Rich people are set for life, wealthy for generations handing down fortunes and Professional Sports teams to their kids while some work check to check. Unless any of you are wealthy or wealthy heirs to a fortune, you're an average American so you need to support anyone who is for us instead of fighting against them. You people that are against Obama are siding with the Republican party which don't care about anyone but themselves and the wealthy so if you have ever said "I'm going to buy that when I get my next paycheck" or "I'll pay that bill when I get paid", seems as though you're an Average American and supporting the wrong side

Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Quote Originally Posted by makaroni View Post
    And there were voting machines that were accused of changing votes from Obama to Romney. All kinds of new rules trying to hold up voters from voting, misplaced voter registration cards etc. After Obama won they was all kinds of talks about possibly changing the electoral college system. Please! That system has been in place for decades and now because an African American president won his second term and you're upset about it, you want to change the system?? C'mon now! The Republican party is salty and sore losers and can't handle an African American in office. Just give the man a little credit and let him work. We know some of you guys don't like him or don't want him in the White House but "Impeach" is so extreme especially with no solid grounds for impeachment and shows how really selfish you guys are. You don't want him in office... Fine, but he's in there now so you have no choice but to deal with it and move on. Think about the country and not just about yourselves. Obama is out to help the "Average American" and those are the people who need the most help. Rich people are set for life, wealthy for generations handing down fortunes and Professional Sports teams to their kids while some work check to check. Unless any of you are wealthy or wealthy heirs to a fortune, you're an average American so you need to support anyone who is for us instead of fighting against them. You people that are against Obama are siding with the Republican party which don't care about anyone but themselves and the wealthy so if you have ever said "I'm going to buy that when I get my next paycheck" or "I'll pay that bill when I get paid", seems as though you're an Average American and supporting the wrong side

ChUUrch haha

Thanked by:
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #168  

Obama is not an African American, his mother was white. This thread was never about race or the color of his or anyone else's skin.

Just because a sitting president is impeached does not mean he will be removed from office.

Articles of Impeachment are drafted by the House of Representatives, Once drafted, a supermajority of the United States Senate is required to convict based on the articles.

A supermajority or a qualified majority is a requirement for a proposal to gain a specified greater level of support than a 50% which is a simple majority.
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"

Obama is not an African American, his mother was white. This thread was never about race or the color of his or anyone else's skin.
    He is not "African American" because his mother was white? By that comment alone will have me refrain from responding to any more of your posts. What do you think they have his race written down as? So because your mom is white, you're no longer African American if your dad is African or Black?? Maybe his race does not bother you personally but I believe deep down inside even if he's half black, it bothers a lot of white folks. At the beginning there were issues about his birth certificate and if he was really an American citizen and all the other crap.
    Watch a documentary by the name of "Write America" and see if his race is not an issue to White people. This thread is not or has never been about race nor am I trying to remotely take it there but what do you think initially triggered all of this hate before he even served his first term and was just running for president the first time? It wasn't anything he did while he was in office because he hadn't been elected as of yet so What might it have been why so many people could dislike a man so strongly that they didn't even know??? *cough*

Thanked by:
    nolittdroid likes this.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

I see that everyone is exercising their 1st ammendment rights here. However, to everyone bashing the President, I'd love to see any one of you sit in his chair for one day.

That means you listen to the trash talk about you, and now your family without the ability to respond or defend yourself, deal with the unruly children of the House, try to stop Iran from nuking half of the Middle East and North Korea from nuking South Korea, Pakistan from nuking India, end two wars, comfort the families whose children who were slaughtered in their classroom, decide whether to intervene in another sovereign country's affairs knowing the decision will affect 10"s of millions of lives no matter what you decide. He does all of that and more before lunch, while most of us try to decide on McDonalds or Burger King. I could go on but it will do nothing to ameliorate the hatred for a man who has done more in his life than most of us will do in 10 lifetimes. And he did it as a black man in America.

After listening to the derisive commentary for the past 4 years that has been disguised as 'political', let's all be adults and admit rascism is the heart of the matter. In 238 years, we have learned nothing.

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk 2
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2
    makaroni likes this.
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #171  

You may be correct and for the sake of compromise let's say his skin color does bother "some white people. I will freely admit that I voted for him during his first term, yet his actions while in office showed me that he was not worthy of my vote for she second term so I made the choice not to vote for him again.

As for what we actually know about him that is an even bigger question. Why are all of his college transcripts, and papers sealed by his order? No "white" American president has ever been elected without his history being totally exposed by the media. As far as I am concerned his political leanings are at best socialist in nature, and at worst they are communist in nature.

I am in no way shape or form rich by anyone's definition. There have been several times I have had to sell something just to have the electricity turned back on. Instead of allowing this to continue I worked 2 jobs and raised 3 kids while going back to school. Now I have a good job with a nice benefit package and a stack of student loans that I have sacrificed a lot for to pay off early. I take offense to anyone that says it is their right to take what I have worked and sacrificed so much for simply because others do not find or have the strength to go out and work to provide the lifestyle they want for themselves and their family.

As I have mentioned in other posts I do help others, I have helped families in my church that have lost their homes to fire, or lost their jobs thru no fault of their own. I have helped with car payments, repairs, and I even purchased a car for a single mother that was trying to put her self thru school. But I make sure that before I help anyone else that my families needs are taken care of first.

Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Just because a sitting president is impeached does not mean he will be removed from office.

Articles of Impeachment are drafted by the House of Representatives, Once drafted, a supermajority of the United States Senate is required to convict based on the articles.

A supermajority or a qualified majority is a requirement for a proposal to gain a specified greater level of support than a 50% which is a simple majority.
    Actually he is African American just mixed with white.

Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Try again? Such laughable, purely partisan charges would never move beyond Judiciary. DOA, and for just reasons.
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xlDeMoNiClx View Post
    Wow, you sure are easily insulted. He said "for all I know", which means he isn't saying that it's true or untrue, it's not his fault if you let that and everything else that doesn't agree with your own opinions get to you which is what you've been doing this whole thread.
    When Live2ride was repeatedly, publicly, and irresponsibly, alleging that I was running with multiple usernames, it deserved the response it got. Until your post, I've left it for the Mods to deal with. And I believe they have.

Quote Originally Posted by msndrstood View Post
    I see that everyone is exercising their 1st ammendment rights here. However, to everyone bashing the President, I'd love to see any one of you sit in his chair for one day.

That means you listen to the trash talk about you, and now your family without the ability to respond or defend yourself, deal with the unruly children of the House, try to stop Iran from nuking half of the Middle East and North Korea from nuking South Korea, Pakistan from nuking India, end two wars, comfort the families whose children who were slaughtered in their classroom, decide whether to intervene in another sovereign country's affairs knowing the decision will affect 10"s of millions of lives no matter what you decide. He does all of that and more before lunch, while most of us try to decide on McDonalds or Burger King. I could go on but it will do nothing to ameliorate the hatred for a man who has done more in his life than most of us will do in 10 lifetimes. And he did it as a black man in America.

After listening to the derisive commentary for the past 4 years that has been disguised as 'political', let's all be adults and admit rascism is the heart of the matter. In 238 years, we have learned nothing.

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk 2
    very well put and I like some of the words you used. Great to read a post by someone articulate with their words and make strong points. Kudos madam

You may be correct and for the sake of compromise let's say his skin color does bother "some white people. I will freely admit that I voted for him during his first term, yet his actions while in office showed me that he was not worthy of my vote for she second term so I made the choice not to vote for him again.

As for what we actually know about him that is an even bigger question. Why are all of his college transcripts, and papers sealed by his order? No "white" American president has ever been elected without his history being totally exposed by the media. As far as I am concerned his political leanings are at best socialist in nature, and at worst they are communist in nature.

I am in no way shape or form rich by anyone's definition. There have been several times I have had to sell something just to have the electricity turned back on. Instead of allowing this to continue I worked 2 jobs and raised 3 kids while going back to school. Now I have a good job with a nice benefit package and a stack of student loans that I have sacrificed a lot for to pay off early. I take offense to anyone that says it is their right to take what I have worked and sacrificed so much for simply because others do not find or have the strength to go out and work to provide the lifestyle they want for themselves and their family.

As I have mentioned in other posts I do help others, I have helped families in my church that have lost their homes to fire, or lost their jobs thru no fault of their own. I have helped with car payments, repairs, and I even purchased a car for a single mother that was trying to put her self thru school. But I make sure that before I help anyone else that my families needs are taken care of first.
    very noble of you sir and much applause and respect for those things you have done. Everyone cannot afford an education, everyone cannot afford to do some of the things you did to better yourself so maybe Obama feels the people with a little more or WAY more can pay some more taxes that probably won't even hurt their pockets or they won't even miss it. This will maybe be Money that provides more student loans that you yourself needed to get a better education and help some other folks who can't afford college but want to get a better education to better themselves. You have stated that you've helped people and helped families, this will just be another way of helping but most rich people don't see it that way. They're greedy and want to keep everything. Buy a $300,000 car that they will drive maybe once but cry about paying a little more taxes that they won't even miss. It's selfish. Don't get me wrong, there are Americans that love handouts and government assistance and are lazy, I agree with your view of taking what you work hard for to help them but not everyone who doesn't have much or isn't getting a better education to better themselves or to get a better job does not mean they don't want to. Some just don't have the means to and Obama is fighting for them. When a proposal for a bill comes up, he always mentions "How will this affect the Average American?" because America is built on the middle working class. They bust their behinds to feed their families and make these Million Dollar companies operate. Obama once said "I can never forget about the Average American because they are America". I rest my case in this thread. It was very cool talking with you and we were able to voice our opinions as adults and without quarrel even if they were opposing.
    Thanked by 2:
    msndrstood likes this.
Page 7 of 76 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast