Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 9 of 76 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree1014Likes

ROM
    das bamf 3.0 rc4

Default Re: Should Obama be impeached?

Quote Originally Posted by bp3dots View Post
    Did you actually read my post? That is exactly the point. If the GOP in congress would get to governing, then the President wouldn't have to try and work around them.

Also, nobody is forced to buy anything. If you really want to end the healthcare debate, mandate that anyone who doesn't have insurance or the ability to pay upfront gets no care. Then the ones who can afford it can stop crying about paying higher rates for those who can't, but still go to DR's. And if someone decides not to purchase, they know what to expect. Doesn't seem like anyone has the stomach to make that call though. Maybe is we had our legislators working, we could come up with a system that allows everyone to be covered, and works better than other countries. (not that theirs are that bad mind you. My Canadian friends are quite happy) Saying that something doesn't work well elsewhere, so we shouldn't try seems awfully Un-American to me.
    Yes,I read your post, but you have not read any of mine.
    1. Quit watching so much TV, my wife works at a hospital, they wont refuse care.

2. HE DOESN'T HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO SIDESTEP OR MAKE AN EXECUTIVE ORDER! He is not the king. When Bush was president and had a Democratic congress, he had no right either. And I don't believe he did. They said the same thing about not getting anything done.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

What alot of you don't realize is that the US president has no power. He is just a figure head for those who are in power. The ones in the shadows who stay anonymous.
    He does what THEY want him to do. He does not do what THEY don't want him to do. He is only a figure head. Nothing more.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Serial Fordicator View Post
    Yes,I read your post, but you have not read any of mine.
    1. Quit watching so much TV, my wife works at a hospital, they wont refuse care.

2. HE DOESN'T HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO SIDESTEP OR MAKE AN EXECUTIVE ORDER! He is not the king. When Bush was president and had a Democratic congress, he had no right either. And I don't believe he did. They said the same thing about not getting anything done.

1. Again.. I said IF they wanted to end the debate. I know that nobody will be denied emergency care now. Thus why people who are insured (or who pay direct) pay so much, to cover for those who use that unrefused care.

2. As the Person in the higest office, it is the President's responsibility to lead the nation as best he can. That is what he was elected for. In this case, one branch of the govt. is locked up and unwilling (thanks to the GOP in this situation) to do their jobs, therefore, the President needs to use every tool available to do his job. While the Executive Order may not have been meant for such uses, neither is the fillibuster. No matter how you cut it, the illness is congress, if you don't cure it, the symptoms (the President's actions) will continue.
    Thanked by 3:
    msndrstood and SgtPropain like this.

ROM
    das bamf 3.0 rc4

1. Again.. I said IF they wanted to end the debate. I know that nobody will be denied emergency care now. Thus why people who are insured (or who pay direct) pay so much, to cover for those who use that unrefused care.

2. As the Person in the higest office, it is the President's responsibility to lead the nation as best he can. That is what he was elected for. In this case, one branch of the govt. is locked up and unwilling (thanks to the GOP in this situation) to do their jobs, therefore, the President needs to use every tool available to do his job. While the Executive Order may not have been meant for such uses, neither is the fillibuster. No matter how you cut it, the illness is congress, if you don't cure it, the symptoms (the President's actions) will continue.
    You really think there are 535 members that are tyrants and the one isn't?

Our founding fathers made this government with checks and balances. To keep one tyrant from having control of everything. Look what happened in Nazi Germany. But wait, that won't happen here will it? The German people thought the same.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

This is the stupidest thread I have ever seen. I think I lost a few IQ points just reading some of the comments.

I understand many do not like Obama, but get over it. He was relected fairly.

There is a BIG difference between doing something that is not within the boundries of law and doing something illegal and criminal.

For example, Congress passes many laws that are later deemed UNCONSTITUTIONAL by the supreme court. Does that mean they did something illegal?

Even if Obama makes executive decisions he doesnt have authority to make, does not mean its illegal and impeachable.

Cant even believe I took the time to respond.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by 4:

ROM
    das bamf 3.0 rc4

Quote Originally Posted by LazrRocketArm View Post
    This is the stupidest thread I have ever seen. I think I lost a few IQ points just reading some of the comments.

I understand many do not like Obama, but get over it. He was relected fairly.

There is a BIG difference between doing something that is not within the boundries of law and doing something illegal and criminal.

For example, Congress passes many laws that are later deemed UNCONSTITUTIONAL by the supreme court. Does that mean they did something illegal?

Even if Obama makes executive decisions he doesnt have authority to make, does not mean its illegal and impeachable.

Cant even believe I took the time to respond.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    Well don't. I love how you keyboard killers or basement bad----- like to push people down to lift yourselves up especially while you are safely and anonymously behind your computer.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Last edited by Serial Fordicator; 01-27-2013 at 01:18 AM.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

You really think there are 535 members that are tyrants and the one isn't?

Our founding fathers made this government with checks and balances. To keep one tyrant from having control of everything. Look what happened in Nazi Germany. But wait, that won't happen here will it? The German people thought the same.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    You continue to ignore the issue that if Congress did their job - which is being obstructed by the GOP lately - then the President could go back to doing President stuff like pardoning turkeys. Checks and balances only works when all parties are actively doing their jobs. What would the founding fathers have done to a party in congress who refused to do their jobs, because of the guy who was elected president? Likley hanged them for treason. Ang you can just stop with the comparisons to Nazis, it invalidates your arguments and shows how sensationalistic you want to be. The President has done nothing approaching those kinds of acts.

Right now I see one man trying to do what he was elected to do - Lead a nation. I also see half of our legislative branch refusing to do the same, but rather, acting like petulant children, which is far more criminal.

It's not the best situation, and the results aren't as good as they would be if the system was working as intended. But I'd (and a lot of other people, judgint by the election) much rather see someone do something, than to watch the govt. grind to a halt for four years.
    Thanked by 2:

I see sheep.

I don't care what kind of phone you have, that's not how I judge someone's worth or intelligence.

ROM
    das bamf 3.0 rc4

You continue to ignore the issue that if Congress did their job - which is being obstructed by the GOP lately - then the President could go back to doing President stuff like pardoning turkeys. Checks and balances only works when all parties are actively doing their jobs. What would the founding fathers have done to a party in congress who refused to do their jobs, because of the guy who was elected president? Likley hanged them for treason. Ang you can just stop with the comparisons to Nazis, it invalidates your arguments and shows how sensationalistic you want to be. The President has done nothing approaching those kinds of acts.

Right now I see one man trying to do what he was elected to do - Lead a nation. I also see half of our legislative branch refusing to do the same, but rather, acting like petulant children, which is far more criminal.

It's not the best situation, and the results aren't as good as they would be if the system was working as intended. But I'd (and a lot of other people, judgint by the election) much rather see someone do something, than to watch the govt. grind to a halt for four years.
    You truly are blind. I know you love obama. I dont. I didnt like bush either, but this guy makes bush look like he never spent a dime.
    I never said once that there wasn't political racism. Why do you blindly follow him? Why do you think he has our best interest at heart? Do you think many of them do? Were you crying about the political racism that pelosi and others were doing when bush was President? I doubt it.

As far as comparing him to Hitler? Yes, I will and will continue to do so simply because of how people and the media will blindly follow everything he does. And how people freely give up their rights to the government simply because they tell you it's in your best interest. The government doesn't grant rights, they restrict them.

I trust the founding fathers a hell of alot more than any of these politicians, but no one reads anything about them. They warned about a lot of this, but people are more content with American Idol.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Synycalwon, Darth Spock and metz65 like this.

ROM
    Bobz CM7.2RC1 Scripted

Quote Originally Posted by Live2ride883 View Post
    After Benghazi, fast & furious, and now this Court to Obama: What Part of. We know that Obama likes to overstep his executive powers. Let alone adding 6 trillion dollars to the national debt in less than 4 years. This isn't even including the questionable executive decisions he signed earlier this month surrounding gun control. This is not intended to be a "pres so & so did this and another did that." What I would like it to be is an organized discussion on current events.
    ----------------

Yes, I believe he should be impeached, this is not the first time he has over stepped his power and I do not think it will be the last.

For clarification I am adding an additional link that addresses the concerns of Carolinadroid.

Wake up America: Federal Appeals Court Rules Obama's Recess Appointments Were Illegal And Unconstitutional

While I am certain this member will point out this is just an another "blog" he will find the actual ruling embedded at the bottom.
    People dig their own graves IMO. & he has dug all the way to China as far as I'm concerned.
    Synycalwon and metz65 like this.

Global Posts
    1,858 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

#SaraPalinAndHermainCaine2016

Global Posts
    295 Global Posts

Oh yes. Absolutely. Its better to eat a [removed by moderator] sandwich than nothing at all. Really? They just started a massive new government entity. Government jobs don't produce money to run themselves, they run from taxpayer money.

Why make something worse for the simple fact that "hey, well at least we came up with something. I know it doesn't work in other countries but it will be different here."

Watch the language please.
    If you really knew something, you would know what is being tried here has not been tried in other countries. So, how do you know it will not work? And the NHS in Great Britain is loved. It is not the failure you are trying to paint it. It may be not what you want, does not provide the services you expect or the quality, but people in Great Britain seem quite happy with the system they have. But then again, nothing is perfect.

Default Should Obama be impeached?

As a friend Adrian Rogers said:
    "You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the industrious out of it. You don't multiply wealth by dividing it. Government cannot give anything to anybody that it doesn't first take from somebody else. Whenever somebody receives something without working for it, somebody else has to work for it without receiving. The worst thing that can happen to a nation is for half of the people to get the idea they don't have to work because somebody else will work for them, and the other half to get the idea that it does no good to work because they don't get to enjoy the fruits of their labor."
    Thanked by:

ROM
    das bamf 3.0 rc4

Quote Originally Posted by Hawnz View Post
    If you really knew something, you would know what is being tried here has not been tried in other countries. So, how do you know it will not work? And the NHS in Great Britain is loved. It is not the failure you are trying to paint it. It may be not what you want, does not provide the services you expect or the quality, but people in Great Britain seem quite happy with the system they have. But then again, nothing is perfect.
    I keep hearing how the healthcare systems are loved in other countries on this forum, but everything I've read points to the contrary. The wait to see a doctor is long. I heard a guy talk about his first wife found a lump in a mammogram. It took 6 months to schedule a byopsy of the lump. After studying said byopsy, they scheduled an appointment to have surgery.....another 6 months. She died before going to surgery. Canadian people come to America alot to have surgery.

No, I don't think it will work. Name 1 thing the government has ever ran that has worked. Everything they run is broke and in debt. The government's job is to run 2 things roads and military and they are cutting funding to the 2 things they are suppose to run.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Benghazi X 1,121 = Iraq
    Thanked by 2:
    msndrstood likes this.

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

I keep hearing how the healthcare systems are loved in other countries on this forum, but everything I've read points to the contrary. The wait to see a doctor is long. I heard a guy talk about his first wife found a lump in a mammogram. It took 6 months to schedule a byopsy of the lump. After studying said byopsy, they scheduled an appointment to have surgery.....another 6 months. She died before going to surgery. Canadian people come to America alot to have surgery.

No, I don't think it will work. Name 1 thing the government has ever ran that has worked. Everything they run is broke and in debt. The government's job is to run 2 things roads and military and they are cutting funding to the 2 things they are suppose to run.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Serial,

You are in charge of the source of your information, the same as the rest of us.

Please, broaden your horizons. Do yourself and all of us a favor.

And let me name for you a few government run projects that worked:

1. The outcome of WW2.
    2. The Marshall Plan
    3. Panama Canal
    4. Moon Landings.

And those are obvious easy pickings.

You couldn't remember any of these when you threw down your challenge?

Blue 32gb Galaxy S3
    Thanked by 2:
    msndrstood likes this.

ROM
    das bamf 3.0 rc4

Then I guess you dont like democrats as well as republicans since both voted to go to war with iraq. I still remember reading in time magazine, one of the most liberal magazines on earth, that they had interviewed experts that had said Iraq would have nuclear weapons by the end of the year. This was in 2002 or 2003 prior to the war in Iraq.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Then I guess you dont like democrats as well as republicans since both voted to go to war with iraq. I still remember reading in time magazine, one of the most liberal magazines on earth, that they had interviewed experts that had said Iraq would have nuclear weapons by the end of the year. This was in 2002 or 2003 prior to the war in Iraq.
    The problem is.... if Obama was president then, instead of Bush, you would be calling for his head.

This isnt a problem of what is right or what is wrong.... its a problem of partisanship. Which most, including yourself, participate in enthusiastically.
    nolittdroid likes this.

ROM
    das bamf 3.0 rc4

Quote Originally Posted by rexxman View Post
    Serial,

You are in charge of the source of your information, the same as the rest of us.

Please, broaden your horizons. Do yourself and all of us a favor.

And let me name for you a few government run projects that worked:

1. The outcome of WW2.
    2. The Marshall Plan
    3. Panama Canal
    4. Moon Landings.

And those are obvious easy pickings.

You couldn't remember any of these when you threw down your challenge?

Blue 32gb Galaxy S3
    government ran programs such as social security, postal service, etc. ww2. really? We aren't still paying for that are we? No. you know as well as I do we aren't, or any for that matter. Ww2 wasn't a gov't ran business either. I don't think the others were either.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Woah Woah Woah, this thread is a train wreck but what you read and what happens are two different things. SOME Canadians go to the US 'a lot' to have non urgent elective surgery that isn't a medical necessity to bypass the wait because they will bump non urgent surgery for people who actually require it. If the surgery one requires is urgent you don't wait. Longest I've ever waited for required surgery was a week and a half and that was only because I had to get my iron levels up as I was too anemic to have surgery the next day (also thought to be cancer, no 6 week wait). My mother just had to have a plate put in her wrist after a slip and fall on ice and the wrist shifted in the cast. She saw the ortho guy Monday and surgery was Wednesday. My in law just had a breast lump found and biopsy performed in 36hours. My husbands hernia repair was booked and performed within 2 weeks. As far as that guys story about his first wife? Yeah, I call BS on that.

Please don't regurgitate talking points as truth. What you read and the truth are usually very different.

I will say this. I prefer my ability to walk into an Er or have a 6 day stay in hospital and never see a bill over the right to walk into a gun show and buy an AR15. When I had to have 6 months of home care I never saw a bill for daily nursing visits. Never paid for a perscription. And it was all set up for me before I was discharged from the hospital.

Written by someone who actually lives with the Canadian 'failure of a system' and not someone who has only read about it.

I had to get the red SGS3...garnet is my birthstone! Excuses sent via Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by 4:

ROM
    das bamf 3.0 rc4

Im done with this. you can't change anyone's mind and noone can change yours.I should've known better.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Im done with this. you can't change anyone's mind and noone can change yours.I should've known better.
    What, a Canadian corrects you on opinion as fact like "Canadians go to the US alot to have surgery" ergo Canadian socialized medicine is a fail, and you take your toys and go home?

Sorry that someone who actually uses the medical care you've read (incorrectly) about is such an inconvenient truth. :rolleyes:

I will correct misinformation. Sorry if you don't like that.

I had to get the red SGS3...garnet is my birthstone! Excuses sent via Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    bp3dots and msndrstood like this.

Should that be our goal? To change someone's mind?

"Out beyond ideas of wrong doing and right doing, there is a field. I'll meet you there."

Dogma builds walls and divisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Capthowdyy View Post
    What alot of you don't realize is that the US president has no power. He is just a figure head for those who are in power. The ones in the shadows who stay anonymous.
    He does what THEY want him to do. He does not do what THEY don't want him to do. He is only a figure head. Nothing more.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
    They = the super PACs and other huge corporations who donate millions of dollars to reelection and issues "they" care about.. Like Goldman Sachs, GE, and the pharmaceutical companies...hence why I vote 3rd party. All politicians are dirty.

via AOKP-enhanced-S3
    Sent from my S3

Global Posts
    522 Global Posts

Your nutty

Sent from my VS950 4G using Android Central Forums
Page 9 of 76 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast