View Poll Results: If the presidential election were held today, would you change your vote?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 9.09%
  • No

10 90.91%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default if the presidential election were held today

If the presidential election were held today would you change your vote. The reason for this poll is voter regret, I have several friends that are in the LBGT community and several of them are stating that they feel that Obama has in one way or another not help up his promises to them. It doesn't really matter who you voted for, or your reason for changing it or not. Depending on the response we see, perhaps in a few months or even after next years SOTU address we can have another poll and compare the results.

No accusations, or slamming members here, there has been enough of that in other threads. I don't see a reason for any response to be longer than 5 words.

Simple yes or no answers are fine, or you could add definitely, certainly etc in front of the yes or no if you feel it's necessary.
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"

Default Re: if the presidential election were held today

You realize that you are assuming that only people that would vote yes are those who voted for Obama. (your poll doesnt specify)
    geekymcfly likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by kilofox View Post
    You realize that you are assuming that only people that would vote yes are those who voted for Obama. (your poll doesnt specify)
    That certainly was not my intention, I thought the line below would address any conflicts.
    It doesn't really matter who you voted for, or your reason for changing it or not.

But thank you for bringing it to my attention. Would you care to offer advise on how to fix it?
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"

My vote wouldn't matter any way. So i really don't care whose in office.
    Rooted: Tmo GS3: PacMan ROM : 4.2.2

Well, given that I voted for Ron Paul, no, I would not change my vote.

It's the American public's own fault for falling for his lies a SECOND time. Fool me once, shame on him. Fool me twice?

It's too late for voters to educate themselves. Everyone had a problem with 2 or 3 things Romney said. How were they not having a problem with everything Obama DID for 4 years? I thought actions were supposed to speak louder than words!? When the election results came in, I had a sinking feeling to say the least. Romney may or may not have been able to fix our problems, but Obama clearly can't. Yet we gave him four more! We all acted like experts based on what Mitt said, saying his plan wouldn't work. Well how is no plan better than at least the plan Mitt had? He was vague, because Obama is a snake and would have twisted that like he (the teleprompter) does everything else. We dig our own grave.
    Droid Bionic>Droid Razr Maxx>Verizon Galaxy S3>T-Mobile Galaxy S3, Nexus 5, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

I really don't believe most people in the U.S. actually care very much about anything. That may be due to genuine ambivalence or it may be because we're distracted by daily life. Regardless of what the reason is, it's a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by LegalAmerican View Post
    It's the American public's own fault for falling for his lies a SECOND time. Fool me once, shame on him. Fool me twice?

It's too late for voters to educate themselves. Everyone had a problem with 2 or 3 things Romney said. How were they not having a problem with everything Obama DID for 4 years? I thought actions were supposed to speak louder than words!? When the election results came in, I had a sinking feeling to say the least. Romney may or may not have been able to fix our problems, but Obama clearly can't. Yet we gave him four more! We all acted like experts based on what Mitt said, saying his plan wouldn't work. Well how is no plan better than at least the plan Mitt had? He was vague, because Obama is a snake and would have twisted that like he (the teleprompter) does everything else. We dig our own grave.
    We are puppets on a world where we can't win. No matter who sits on the throne the people will always be treated the same. If it happened to be someone outside of the pre determined agenda then maybe yes **** would change.

Hear no Napoleon, Hear No Snowball. Just hear yelling, over the old ravens whispers

Global Posts
    260 Global Posts

I voted for Gary Johnson then, and I would now so long as Ron Paul was not on the ballot.

Global Posts
    5,723 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Quote Originally Posted by geekymcfly View Post
    We are puppets on a world where we can't win. No matter who sits on the throne the people will always be treated the same. If it happened to be someone outside of the pre determined agenda then maybe yes **** would change.

Hear no Napoleon, Hear No Snowball. Just hear yelling, over the old ravens whispers
    Right, this is the part that seems lost on most people... Obama is Romney is Bush Jr is Cheney is Gore is Clinton is Reagan is Newt is Sarah Palin is Jimmy Carter is Prince Charles. When less than 200 American's choose who is on the ballot for you to choose between and contribute 60% of the total financing telling them how to behave, our vote only matters if we vote AGAINST who they hand up. As long as money controls politics, we can expect nothing except for pro-fascist leadership. (Fascist in the sense of corporations merged with government, not the buzzword version).

Obama and Romney were both horrible choices and if we had a true representative republic (ie. candidates are chosen by the people, not by the companies) (the stage prior to elections), we never would have heard of either one of them. The idea that we can only have two parties and that bankers should choose who are the chosen figureheads of those parties is as close to the opposite of what the federalist papers describe as I can conceive of.

Having a King almost makes more sense than pure fascism.
    Thanked by:
    geekymcfly likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,980 Global Posts

Pretty much.

Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (soon to be PA3)

Keep in mind that without Obama a lot of innocent people would not be legal Americans.

I have a lot of other good points, but that had to be said.
    jdbii likes this.

Global Posts
    612 Global Posts

I would vote for Obama again over any fielded Republican this election, last election, or in the hypothetical, the two before that. However, I did like Jon Huntsman. My biggest complaint, and I'd even vote R should a Republican step up, (Rand Paul??) is he has no spine when dealing with the military brass and has perpetuated the Bush/Cheney Doctrine on the War on Terror -- maybe even worse with the escalation of drone strikes and the sanctioned assassinations. Though I like Obama much more than Romney. IMHO I don't think there is all that much difference between the two.
    return_0 likes this.

Global Posts
    395 Global Posts

Probably. I vote green party and I was super uncomfortable with them coming out in favor of Hugo Chavez. I guess I should just start my own party since I don't really agree with any of them.

Sent from my Samsung Stratosphere using Tapatalk 2
    Darth Spock and jdbii like this.

The GOP has been in the process over the course of about the last five or six election cycles of self-destruction. They are also in total denial mode. They are not willing to admit that their agendas make them largely no different than, and in many cases inferior to opposition party candidates.

It's my understanding, through discussion with others, that it is not the case that most people who didn't vote for Mitt Romney necessarily voted for Obama; they generally voted against Romney and the garbage that the modern GOP and neocons stand for or are supporting. They still think they just didn't do a good enough job explaining what they stand for. No, guys, you did a perfectly good job of putting on display for all the world to see what it is you do stand for. We actively do not want what you stand for anymore.

I still remember perfectly well seeing the media, along with Rush, Sean, Mark, Glenn, and Laura, doing nothing but 24x7 wall-to-wall character assassination of Ron Paul and, by extension, the Libertarian position. I also remember most clearly the audience in the South Carolina Republican debate BOOING when Ron Paul advocated following the Golden Rule in national foreign policy.

We want to dominate the rest of the world and force our views on everyone else, yet listen to nobody else when it comes to ideas about how things can be done. We do not care about anything that happens in the rest of the world, unless it directly affects us, which is reflected in news coverage in this country as well as the general ignorance of the American public. We don't want to have any foreign sources of oil in this country (the majority of oil we use comes from us, not from overseas, but nevermind that) so that we don't have to be threatened or unduly put at risk by other nations and their policies and politics (which, for the record, I happen to agree with). And yet when Ron Paul says we should talk and trade with everyone and not put troops in foreign countries to boss them around or force our policies on them or treat them as a threat just because something they want isn't in the U.S.'s national interest, he gets decried as an "isolationist".

Yet then we get blamed for Obama getting elected, because clearly it isn't the GOP's fault; it's our stupidity of not supporting a clearly superior, non-evil agenda from the GOP.

As I said, the GOP and much of America is just in complete denial.
    jdbii likes this.

Global Posts
    5,723 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

I may have been wrong, but I told my wife last spring that if the GOP picked Ron Paul as their candidate Obama wouldn't have stood a chance. (I was thinking like 65% to 30% margin). If they picked Romney or Cain (front runners as chosen by the media at that time) Obama would crush them (which he did, not in a popular sense, but Obama took 62% of the electoral votes). Like many people, I think the mythological "they" would likely have killed Ron Paul prior to him taking the oath though

The most dangerous thing about Rand in my opinion is that he is 15% Tea Party lackey, 65% bought and paid for establishment republican, 15% SOUNDS like Ron Paul's son, even though he's saying something very different, and 5% Ron Paul's son. Many people can't look past that last 5%, which is the best 5% about him from what I can tell. (Percentages are approximate). He could be elected (though he's already being blasted by the media as well) and we'd think we're getting very libertarian principles, but we'd be very very wrong about that.

Global Posts
    5,723 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

"Man, with respect to all those matters, is more a creature of consistency than he is aware, or than governments would wish him to believe. All the great laws of society are laws of nature. Those of trade and commerce, whether with respect to the intercourse of individuals or of nations, are laws of mutual and reciprocal interest. They are followed and obeyed, because it is the interest of the parties to do so, and not on account of any formal laws their governments may impose or interpose.

But how often is the natural propensity to society disturbed or destroyed by the operations of government! When the latter, instead of being ingrafted on the principles of the former, assumes to exist for itself, and acts by partialities of favour and oppression, it becomes the cause of the mischiefs it ought to prevent."

-Thomas Paine, the Rights of Man (Part the Second), 1792

At first I thought Thomas Paine had a time machine and was talking about 2012.
    Thanked by 2:
    jdbii likes this.

I would like to add a couple things here. First off, I respect the right of anyone at all, whether they're on this message board or not, to hold whatever political, moral, or ethical views they wish. I hold no malice towards anyone based on their votes, and I do not wish to suggest or imply otherwise. To the extent that I would take issue with anyone's actual vote, it would only be that I would prefer someone votes FOR someone (and, by extension that person's philosophies, world view, etc.) instead of merely AGAINST someone, or for the "least evil" alternative. Nevertheless, whomever you voted for is your business, not mine, and I refuse to be rude to anyone on that basis.
    Thanked by:
    Live2ride883 likes this.
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NothingIsTrue View Post
    Right, this is the part that seems lost on most people... Obama is Romney is Bush Jr is Cheney is Gore is Clinton is Reagan is Newt is Sarah Palin is Jimmy Carter is Prince Charles. When less than 200 American's choose who is on the ballot for you to choose between and contribute 60% of the total financing telling them how to behave, our vote only matters if we vote AGAINST who they hand up. As long as money controls politics, we can expect nothing except for pro-fascist leadership. (Fascist in the sense of corporations merged with government, not the buzzword version).

Obama and Romney were both horrible choices and if we had a true representative republic (ie. candidates are chosen by the people, not by the companies) (the stage prior to elections), we never would have heard of either one of them. The idea that we can only have two parties and that bankers should choose who are the chosen figureheads of those parties is as close to the opposite of what the federalist papers describe as I can conceive of.
    Agree.
    100,000,000%

Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    ROM
    Gingerbread Deck, Matrix

With the electoral college system most of our votes didn't count anyways. That being said I wouldn't have changed my vote.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2
    Razr>Juke>POS Blitz(Broken)>Droid> Epic 4g(returned)>Nexus S 4g

Quote Originally Posted by enik View Post
    With the electoral college system most of our votes didn't count anyways. That being said I wouldn't have changed my vote.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2
    Your right, our votes don't count at all.... Unless you voted for the people that make up your states electoral votes..

Citizens could completely stay home on election day, not cast one vote, and they'd still elect a pres and show us on tv how the voting went... They'd totally lie to us and make it seem everyone voted

No; the whole of the country staying home to abstain from voting would make national news. This isn't an Orwellian 1984 existence we're leading here.

Global Posts
    2,073 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

When 97% of a group votes for one person, then something is wrong. And they call the GOP racist?
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." - William F. Buckley, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by pappy53 View Post
    When 97% of a group votes for one person, then something is wrong. And they call the GOP racist?
    GOP has proven their racism with their own statements from their candidates own mouths.

This isn't even a question.

When 97% of black people vote Obama it isn't because he's black, hell he's just as white as he is black, but it's because 97% of black people vote Democrat because the Republicans switched up on the civil rights issues and began to neglect us and Obama is a Democrat.

Personally I'm not a Democrat because they have a lot of issues screwed up as do the Republicans, but if I HAD to pick a side (glad I don't!) I'd probably go with the Democrats.

Also, Obama had it easy, he didn't go up against any Republicans that weren't full of crap.

John McCain would have been terrible for this country

Mitt Romney would have as well. Obama wants to make sure everyone has healthcare, Romney essentially wanted to make sure only the rich have it. Romney would have been terrible for this country.

Obama isn't a savior, but better than Romney easily

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Banned

They all stink.
    They're only interested in money, power and ego, not us serfs.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast