Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 10111213
Like Tree130Likes

Default Re: Joe Biden tips for self-defense: get a shotgun

Quote Originally Posted by carolinadroid View Post
    Given that the NRA is the gun manufacturer's interest group, it will prove interesting to see them put out a statement about this. Conflicted much, NRA? You can bet that GCA will be amended to address this stupidity.
    The point is if you take a tool away from a person they will find another tool. No matter what you do people will find something else to use. There could potentially be a never ending list of banned items. Making something illegal has never been successful at stopping criminal activity. The best approach, I believe previously stated is to make it harder for the criminal element to obtain by making people who sale them responsible for who they sell them too. Background checks, etc. But most importantly make the punishments for offenses concerning firearms that no one will want to do them. Right now you get more time for drugs than weapons charges.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,883 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Military issued M4's and M16's have a selectable three round burst or semi-auto (one round per trigger squeeze).

The full auto versions have been phased out for the "regular" military. Too much wasted ammunition. Your standard infantryman will not have an automatic weapon issued to them.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cdmjlt369 View Post
    The point is if you take a tool away from a person they will find another tool. No matter what you do people will find something else to use.
    He did not find another tool. He manufactured his own. There is a difference. Nothing precluded him, presumably, from driving to Walmart and making a purchase for the same 'tool'.

There could potentially be a never ending list of banned items.
    Chicken Little statement without foundation.

Making something illegal has never been successful at stopping criminal activity.
    Tell it to Miami-Dade's 66% reduction in assault weapon crime during the previous ban.

The best approach, I believe previously stated is to make it harder for the criminal element to obtain by making people who sale them responsible for who they sell them too. Background checks, etc. But most importantly make the punishments for offenses concerning firearms that no one will want to do them.
    In that case, the NRA stands in your way of producing a more civilized result as they have hypocritically reversed their prior support for universal background checks which include gun show purchases/private sales. The NRA also rewards convicted criminals by restoring their 'right' to obtain firearms. Classy!

Right now you get more time for drugs than weapons charges.
    Untrue.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

Quote Originally Posted by NothingIsTrue View Post
    There can be multiple reasons, some very well intentioned, for defending completely false statements.

Wizard's First Rule: (Terry Goodkind)
    "People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool."
    I love Terry Goodkind! Finally! A post in this thread I can comment on without losing my mind. Lol

What?! ...I'm msndrstood.
    via Gnex
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2
    Thanked by:
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Markster1 View Post
    I believe, and its my right, there are forces out there going after all the guns. If we let them get the AR's, they will go after something else next and so on until they have them all.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist.
    Thanks for the hearty belly-laugh.

He did not find another tool. He manufactured his own. There is a difference. Nothing precluded him, presumably, from driving to Walmart and making a purchase for the same 'tool'.

Tell it to Miami-Dade's 66% reduction in assault weapon crime during the previous ban.

In that case, the NRA stands in your way of producing a more civilized result as they have hypocritically reversed their prior support for universal background checks which include gun show purchases/private sales. The NRA also rewards convicted criminals by restoring their 'right' to obtain firearms. Classy!

Untrue.
    I'm terribly sorry I didn't word that right. Let's say people will find a way since we are so technical. Dade county only mentioned assault weapon crime went down. What about overall crime? Did these people use a different type firearm? Conveniently left out statistics. Also, percentages can be misleading. Any hard numbers? 2 out of 3 is roughly 66%. Ar15 violence in Dade compared to other firearms is what? Lots of missing info here.

Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

We should be going after the criminals but the current administration hasn't addressed that issue and instead seems to be following another pursuit
    Why allege something you can't possibly support (because it's fabricated)? Here's the record:

One way or another, final dispensation reaches the criminals. The judicial system is working. Enough of the bumper-sticker "we're not enforcing the laws on the books" monkey-dust already.
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

I'm terribly sorry I didn't word that right. Let's say people will find a way since we are so technical. Dade county only mentioned assault weapon crime went down. What about overall crime? Did these people use a different type firearm? Conveniently left out statistics. Also, percentages can be misleading. Any hard numbers? 2 out of 3 is roughly 66%. Ar15 violence in Dade compared to other firearms is what? Lots of missing info here.
    As a seeker of unvarnished truth, you tell me. On what basis of substance do you question why Miami-Dade, particularly, would substantiate success in reducing violent crime if it were not truthful?

The only thing missing is a meaningful, honest discussion.

Thanks for the hearty belly-laugh.
    Thanks for the snip you twit. Again taking things out of context.

Why allege something you can't possibly support (because it's fabricated)? Here's the record:

One way or another, final dispensation reaches the criminals. The judicial system is working. Enough of the bumper-sticker "we're not enforcing the laws on the books" monkey-dust already.
    And show me anywhere in Obama's proposed gun ban he's done anything to impose stricter punishment for the criminals instead of the gun.
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Thanks for the snip you twit. Again taking things out of context.
    Actually, I was placing your thoughts in very appropriate context. Interesting how that worked out, isn't it? You're welcome.

As a seeker of unvarnished truth, you tell me. On what basis of substance do you question why Miami-Dade, particularly, would substantiate success in reducing violent crime if it were not truthful?

The only thing missing is a meaningful, honest discussion.
    Why are you so stuck on Miami-Dade, is that the only area that released the statistics that you wanted?
    You are such a seeker of the unvarnished truth let's see nationwide stats for the same time period as the 66% drop that you are obviously so impressed with.

Columbine happened during the last AWB.
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"
    Thanked by:

Actually, I was placing your thoughts in very appropriate context. Interesting how that worked out, isn't it? You're welcome.
    No, you took them out of context as you are so apt to do!
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

No, you took them out of context as you are so apt to do!
    Feel free to sue me.
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

And show me anywhere in Obama's proposed gun ban he's done anything to impose stricter punishment for the criminals instead of the gun.
    Speaking of context ..... You might like to re-read the post, in full, that you're responding to before asking something inane again. The judicial system works. Or, are you referring to the NRA restoring convicted felons' 'rights' to obtain firearms?
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Live2ride883 View Post
    Why are you so stuck on Miami-Dade, is that the only area that released the statistics that you wanted?
    You are such a seeker of the unvarnished truth let's see nationwide stats for the same time period as the 66% drop that you are obviously so impressed with.
    It's been your claim from the beginning that no reduction in crime/loss of life occurred during the previous assault weapons ban. Correct? Mysteriously, in all these pages of sputum, you've not supplied a single shred of unbiased statistical evidence to support your statement. Care to back it up now?

Bull......with regard to "Gun Control" present day Chicago and Washington D.C. a few years back.
    Some other stuff that Washington D.C. tried to put the kabosh on.....Alchohol and Drugs.

How many of those were sucessful?

Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using Android Central Forums
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rossbow View Post
    Bull......with regard to "Gun Control" present day Chicago and Washington D.C. a few years back.
    Some other stuff that Washington D.C. tried to put the kabosh on.....Alchohol and Drugs.

How many of those were sucessful?
    You're not addressing something which was said. You're just trying to deflect the discussion where you would prefer. Here is what was said, in context:

There could potentially be a never ending list of banned items.
    My Response: Chicken Little statement without foundation.

My statement stands.

You're not addressing something which was said. You're just trying to deflect the discussion where you would prefer. Here is what was said, in context:

My Response: Chicken Little statement without foundation.

My statement stands.
    Then nearly everything you've posted in this thread is chicken little. I stand by the statement and that your half truth of the 66% in Dade is just as chicken little. You found the one article that boasted of such things and it didn't even include complete statistics. The problem with statistics is for the most part negative ones are the only ones reported.

Quote of the day: Arguing about gun control with liberals is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how good I am at chess the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board, and then strut around like it's victorious.
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"
    Thanked by 2:

It's like this....

With number 1 I may not be able to stop them, but I can certainly take more of them with me if I have an ar-15/ar-30. Than if I was restricted to a shotgun.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Joe Biden tips for self-defense: get a shotgun-225281_440425126039724_1459476598_n.jpg  

AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,883 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

This thread got personal. Closed.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
    Darth Spock likes this.
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 10111213